• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You essentially said SK would take a seat and let DIO do whatever he wants which not only goes against SBA but it's just ridiculous, it's true SK let himself be sealed but we can easily infer that he had a very good reason to do so, call it headcanon if you wish, but not everything needs to be directly stated.

There's no rule against using characters we don't know much about, and as I said, if a lot of people are arguing SK loses as things are now, Yhwach doesn't stand the remotest chance so it's either use SK or no thread.
I said the SK could, because that's something he did. He sat on his ass, and let others do whatever they saw fit. And SBA says in-character but willing to kill, but Soul King was already shown willing to kill, those hollows he kills show as much. However, my main point is that most of what the argument appears to be so far is just stuff Yhwach did and saying, "Yeah, the soul king will do that too." When he didn't do anything close to that. So it makes more sense to go to someone that can actually have stuff cited from and shown as proof here.

Because as it stands now, all that's being argued for Soul King is stuff he could do, not stuff that has any backing for him to actually do.

Seeing as the Almighty doesn’t grant an inherent tier or even guarantee a boost in stats, it being considered omnipotent would be the result of its abilities which are seeing countless/nigh infinite futures, power nulling/commandeering the power of everything it sees, controlling fate and splitting your soul to give others powers. The only ability that was hinted to be beyond it was Antithesis but that’s just causality manip which Jugo, Gerard and Orihime also have with their Balance, Miracle and SSR respectively. The last just doesn’t affect people with Almighty and the other two didn’t work when hit by Auswhalen which is another part of Almighty despite both of the abilities having no physical or visible form unlike SSR.

I have no clue tbh. I hopped into the thread and watched in confusion as people argued for it for half a page despite the very thing that uses it is a very visible power lol.

I said the SK could, because that's something he did. He sat on his ass, and let others do whatever they saw fit. And SBA says in-character but willing to kill, but Soul King was already shown willing to kill, those hollows he kills show as much. However, my main point is that most of what the argument appears to be so far is just stuff Yhwach did and saying, "Yeah, the soul king will do that too." When he didn't do anything close to that. So it makes more sense to go to someone that can actually have stuff cited from and shown as proof here.

Because as it stands now, all that's being argued for Soul King is stuff he could do, not stuff that has any backing for him to actually do.
  1. The abilities are on his profile
  2. He has pretty good precog meaning he'd be able to react to almost any situation with complete knowledge on what DIO is going to do
  3. Information Analysis means he knows what DIO's capable of
Even after knowing all that you're saying he's just not going to do anything and let himself be killed while ignoring context for why he let himself be sealed.

I'm saying that no one knows what he's really going to do because we have no good examples to go off of.
That's what I'm arguing.
Because he's not well understood in universe or out of it.
All you're arguing is his powers, most of which he hasn't shown.

I'm saying that no one knows what he's really going to do because we have no good examples to go off of.
That's what I'm arguing.
Because he's not well understood in universe or out of it.
All you're arguing is his powers, most of which he hasn't shown.
He'll do whatever he can to beat DIO because that's the purpose of a battle, go have a rule accepted saying characters without many combat showings can't be used in battles and then I'll be inclined to agree with you.

Too bad they're on his profile and you have to deal with that

Yeah if the time stop has something very visable to its name, then it should very much be able to be nulled. So that was a waste of time arguing here lol.

I’m still not sold on the extent of the nulling, but this isn’t the thread to argue that, so I’ll drop it to stay on topic with the match.

SK does seem to have better chances now.

I mean he doesn’t pull out the world to stop time, as seen on the staircase, it oftentimes just happens.

I looked up Dio over heaven fight on YT, clicked the first link which happened to be Dio vs Jotaro and the very first thing he did was whip out TW. The second thing he did was jump at Jotaro and use TW to Muda Muda him. This guy is gonna get nulled.

Edit: Kept watching and he jumped after Jotaro who was sent flying, resummoned TWOH to Overwrite JoJo (which is apparently contact based), fails, Jolyne attacks him after the beat him down a bit, TWOH punches her, absorbs her soul, and finally Dio does something himself which is to punch Jotaro .......... sigh.

Edit 2: And the Overwrite is solely done through his fists as is explained by Jotaro after crippling his hands. He blinds Jotaro, attacks with TWOH and gets bopped by Star Platinum.

Last edited:
He'll do whatever he can to beat DIO because that's the purpose of a battle, go have a rule accepted saying characters without many combat showings can't be used in battles and then I'll be inclined to agree with you.

Too bad they're on his profile and you have to deal with that
I never said he can't be used in battle, I'm just saying that you're not arguing a battle between two characters here. You're just arguing powersets and I think that honestly is kinda dumb. Not once did I say he can't do anything, I've just been saying this entire time that what he's going to do is mostly guesswork on everyone's part. So it makes more sense to just argue with someone who doesn't need all this guesswork.

I have watched the entire cutscenes of Eyes of Heaven game long ago, especially the moment when HA Dio making his appearance.

First time he appeared, he didn't stop time, even when Johnny attack him with Tusk Act 4. He used RO with his fists and erased the effect of Act 4. The same happened when Giorno attacked him with GER and Jotaro punched him on the head. He always used RO, even when he attempt to absorb the main cast soul with (which wasn't instant btw).

Second time he appeared on screen, he confront against Valentine and erased him.

Next time he appeared, he fought the main cast and seemingly loosing before he healed himself with RO. He also used RO on the turtle where everyone is inside.

He didn't directly appeared, but he then absorb everyone soul, minus Jolyne and Jotaro soul and fought them. He then used RO on Jolyne and absorb her, but Jotaro later beat him for good.

The point is, timestop isn't exactly his first move, both in gameplay and cutscene.

I never said he can't be used in battle, I'm just saying that you're not arguing a battle between two characters here. You're just arguing powersets and I think that honestly is kinda dumb. Not once did I say he can't do anything, I've just been saying this entire time that what he's going to do is mostly guesswork on everyone's part. So it makes more sense to just argue with someone who doesn't need all this guesswork.
Battles are almost always guesswork, how the two characters would interact with each, how their powers would interact with each other, what moves they'll make etc, we are discussing fictional characters from completely different verses fighting after all.

We can reasonably assume SK will just counter everything DIO does (at least what he's capable of countering) and then kill him, since again, good precog and information analysis means SK knows basically everything DIO will or can do, it's just logical, if you know what your opponent is going to do then you're going to counter it to the best of your abilities, what reason is there to believe otherwise?

Regardless, this isn't leading anywhere, if the OP agrees with you and wants to replace SK with Yhwach then I can't stop him, but it wouldn't be any more balanced than it already is.

Beast is actually correct. Most of the time, Dio either starts with:

A. Being an arrogant ****

B. Reality Overwrite

C. Time stop.

The chances of him winning is very slim, actually. If what u peeps said about SK's powernull is true, then I highly doubt Dio could win.

Beast is actually correct. Most of the time, Dio either starts with:

A. Being an arrogant ****

B. Reality Overwrite

C. Time stop.

The chances of him winning is very slim, actually. If what u peeps said about SK's powernull is true, then I highly doubt Dio could win.
A: Being an arrogant ****/posing

Dio can also RO and Timestop and ish without the use of his hands, just throwing that out there.
In fact, its on his profile iirc.
Also, how exactly is he dealing with Timestop? Timestop mind you that stops peeps who move through it. And even when his fists were damaged he was still healing from paradoxical damage. Also, lets say he does see through his attacks? What happens then? Timestop is instant. Also if he does see through the attacks whats he gonna do to stop it? Make him not stop time? lol. How exactly? Iv'e come to see SK has a lot of abilities but barely any feats for half the things claimed.

Stands can act independently of their users. Shown time and time again.
Almighty makes any power that the user sees take the side of said user, preventing it from being used against the Almighty user. The moment SK sees TWOH, it won’t fight or move against SK. Unless Dio has been shown to use the hax without having access to his Stand, he can’t use any of the hax associated with it.

Almighty makes any power that the user sees take the side of said user, preventing it from being used against the Almighty user. The moment SK sees TWOH, it won’t fight or move against SK. Unless Dio has been shown to use the hax without having access to his Stand, he can’t use any of the hax associated with it.
now that i think, Soul King cant see TWOH

Reimi is a ghost who died as regular human but knew stand powers as a ghost, aka ghosts = stand in invisibility.
he never showed he actually saw them, he felt the ability to the max. in addition there is also the fight with black sabbath and numerous other things

he never showed he actually saw them, he felt the ability to the max. in addition there is also the fight with black sabbath and numerous other things
How can you feel the ability if in JJBA the characters knew of the stand ability once they see the stand? Your logic contradicts JJBA's

Back