• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Read it, the wiki seems to be extrapolating the fact that Funny couldnt BFR the holes to mean it's a void as that's the only thing with the holes in that chapter and they werent called a void at all.

The holes have many properties, and may even act like a void here and there, but they are not voids and do not have void manip.

I didn't want to say they're void,i just thought to share the information of whether yes or not Tusk shots can be BFR and by the looks of it they can't

So now all additions can be put

Well, that's 3 and one neutral for it. I'll wait till morning and if there aint any opposition I'll update then. Ill throw a bump between now and then though too.

It aint my thing to ask others to post and the like, I'm not overly familiar with anyone on this site so wouldnt know who's the best to ask, if someone else wants to that's fine though.

Also I fell asleep oops, so here's that bump.

Well, it is a standard convention of ours to do so. There are lists of members in the pages that I linked above. Just choose ones that are currently active.

Thank you. Please tell them the subject that you need help with in the messages.

i don't remember those holes being void like at all. I agree they just act like it but doesn't mean they have void manipulation. Seems the additions are also added too

Could you be a bit more clear on that last part?

>Seems the additions are also added too

That part specifically, the page hasnt been updated yet?

oh i thought it was sorry. But i agree the holes just act but don't count as them having void manipulation

Ok but that isnt the issue?

Literally the only thing that is stopping the profile from being updated is if the holes from Act 2/3 resist BFR, atm we have three for it and one neutral.

@Eficiente

What do you think that we should do here?

Call others for help to evaluate one thing as opposed to an intimidating bunch of powers.

Okay. Feel free to ask other staff members for help then.

Really dont know why we need an evalutation, this thing is blatant, straightforward and outright confirmed by the main villain. We also see the shots straight up enter Love Train without getting flung across the planet.

90% of this is pretty straightforward. I have a couple of comments though.

Chariot190 said:
Pain Maniulation, but only in the sense that he can dull pain (and calm others making them at peace), used in his executions.
Inducing 'calmness' would also count as Empathic Manipulation, since he's altering their emotional state. That said, this sca in of itself doesn't really support that interpretation, as it's explained that Gyro simply calmed her down, not that he calmed her down specifically by using the Steel Balls. It doesn't actively contradict that interpretation since it isn't specified what he did to calm her down exactly, I'll give you that.

Chariot190 said:
Just to be absolutely sure, you mean using it's water manip as a form of X-Ray Vision, not "X-Ray Manipulation" as in a form of Radiation Manipulation, yes?

Chariot190 said:
Minor mud manip although i dont know if you'd really count that as mud manip.
I mean, at this point, it seems to operate more off of a limited telekinesis, granted one that only works on materials viscous enough to 'spin' around his steel balls. So it's not only beholden to mud, water, etc. Labeling it as such might help save space on the profile and make explaining his powers a bit less complicated, too.

Chariot190 said:
Does he ever do this to his entire body? In the scan you give he only does it to transport/move parts of his body through spaces that small (which still qualifies him for the power, but just a more limited form of it). Also from how he does it, it's closer to Size Manipulation than just Small Size, since he's shifting his bigger natural body to an infinitely small space.

As for the "does Johnny's bullets ignore dimensional BFR", I that's like, really straightfoward based off of the scans provided just above, so I'm not sure what's contentious about it.

>Inducing 'calmness' would also count as Empathic Manipulation, since he's altering their emotional state. That said, this sca in of itself doesn't really support that interpretation, as it's explained that Gyro simply calmed her down, not that he calmed her down specifically by using the Steel Balls. It doesn't actively contradict that interpretation since it isn't specified what he did to calm her down exactly, I'll give you that.

I think I did have it as Empath manip? Regardless, it isnt that scan alone, it's that scan+Gyro's father's initial debut (plus some other minor info here and there), if it was only that scan I wouldnt think it'd be emp manip, it's only through the combination of all the scans posted throughout the thread regarding that, do I think it's a thing.

>Just to be absolutely sure, you mean using it's water manip as a form of X-Ray Vision, not "X-Ray Manipulation" as in a form of Radiation Manipulation, yes?

From what I can tell he's using the water to cast an X-Ray, hence why it's limited opposed to the shit he can pull off with Scan, he needs water or something to cast the image on. It's both water and x-ray manip (he has water manip from other things though so didnt make a point of it) but it has nothing to do with radiation.

>I mean, at this point, it seems to operate more off of a limited telekinesis, granted one that only works on materials viscous enough to 'spin' around his steel balls. So it's not only beholden to mud, water, etc. Labeling it as such might help save space on the profile and make explaining his powers a bit less complicated, too.

It's definitely not telekinesis, but it basically functions as such, saying it's tk is dishonest even though it's basically functionally the same, it aint like mewtwo or something and we know how Gyro performs those feats, which isnt true tk. Also not limited to strictly liquid like materials but that's the most common application. Do what you will I guess.

>Does he ever do this to his entire body? In the scan you give he only does it to transport/move parts of his body through spaces that small (which still qualifies him for the power, but just a more limited form of it). Also from how he does it, it's closer to Size Manipulation than just Small Size, since he's shifting his bigger natural body to an infinitely small space.

It's stated he can hide himself within it, which kinda implies his entire body not just a fraction otherwise that'd be some bad hiding if half his body is sticking out, he does use the hole to move his entire body though from Point A to point B when he first gets it (to avoid getting torn apart, so yes, if he wants, he can suck his entire body through and thus into a hole), Yes I'm aware, the way I have it written out is

Creation of holes or "portals" by shooting himself to reach a boundary between dimensions, while utilizing these portals Johnny can reach Small Size (Type 9) as well as control his body parts freely, also acts as a temporary case of Dimensional Storage with ACT3.

>As for the "does Johnny's bullets ignore dimensional BFR", I that's like, really straightfoward based off of the scans provided just above, so I'm not sure what's contentious about it.

Beats me, I thought there was gonna be some issues but not with that, the issue stems from Efi disagreeing initially.

At the moment, none. Im just waiting to be given an ok to do it.

It seems best to wait to see what Dargoo and Eficiente consider acceptable to apply.

Literally everything has been given the ok by one of the two thus far and at the moment. I'm just waiting for Dargoo to post so I know he understands a few of the topics and there aint any confusion.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Joestar

Updated, added tabbers as it was getting kinda messy and fleshed it out a bit on some things in the attack and technique section as well.

Some links still gotta be swapped with links that actually fuction properly though.

Thank you for helping out. Do you mean links to currently nonfunctional manga sites?

Dargoo Faust said:
As for the "does Johnny's bullets ignore dimensional BFR", I that's like, really straightfoward based off of the scans provided just above, so I'm not sure what's contentious about it.
Well, when Valentine uses his Dimensional Travel he leaves "portals" anyone can use. Him saying "I can't BFR this" could just mean " I can BFR this but it just comes back due to its Homing Attack".

Also in Johnny's Notable Attacks/Techniques, his "Ability Negation" is just Gravity Control, that's why he can get pass the dimensional wall and the time stop, few other abilities would be ignored due to gravity being manipulated.

Half truth, the portals are only left open for an extremely small amount of time, not long enough for the holes to come back in the way that scene happens, in fact at the point that scene happens that portal thing has basically been discarded and the moment Funny uses BFR that's it, you aint coming back, only time a portal was open that long was when Diego was stuck between two different dimensions, aka stuck in the portal, and besides, Funny explicitly says that he cant send the holes anywhere, he's pretty clear cut in his statement, plus the holes resist Love Train's BFR too which got nothing to do with portals.

His ability negation is actually forcing the opponent and the soul to obey the laws of physics, which can negate various powers (gravity manip aint gonna help with not getting BFR'd or probability manip), it's a tad convuluted but saying it's only gravity manipulation is dishonest and wrong. Of course there's limitations but that goes for anything. Unless you're saying in his attack section that should be fleshed out a bit? Maybe it could, his intelligence section needs a huge overhaul (it's one word) but way to busy to deal with that atm.

Back