• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs The Chosen Undead

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Encounter in an abandoned forest cathedral at a starting distance of 20 feet, battle until death (respawning at a bonfire counts as a loss.) All equipment is available. Who would win? Be sure to state your reasoning.

Hmm... does Guts have the Berserk Armor? Because I think the fight would be more fair that way. Either way, Guts is definately the physical superior (From given stats, I read a post somehwere that said Smough's Hammer weighed 27 tons, and the Chosen Undead can one-hand it, but I don't know if this is legitimate), as well as faster, but the Chosen Undead is more powerful (Guts is Small City Level for stomping Shiva while the Chosen Undead is City Level for having the soul of the Witch of Izalith), not to mention has a very wide variety of weapons and spells, which could catch Guts off-guard.

Also, while the Berserk Armor would make this fight closer, I feel it would work against Guts, as he will literally fight until he dies, and all the Chosen Undead has to do is last longer.

Overall, the Chosen Undead should pull out a victory, especially with the Berserk Armor's double-edged sword nature.

Also, this is just a suggestion for addition to his profile, should the Chosen Undead have Massively Hypersonic reactions or even normal speed? Considering how there are three spells in the game that involve lightning.

Yeah, Guts has the Berserk Armor.

I don't know, dodging lightning counting as MHS has always been a tricky subject.

Solid enough reasoning. Anyone else?

I already calculated pre-eclipse Guts to be mach 22 without the Berserker Armour. Berserker Armour boosts stats by a factor of 10 times over. The lightning timing is pretty gosh darned consistent

Well, he meant a MHS Chosen Undead, which currently is not counted.

Any opinions on who takes this?

Missed the point of what I am saying. I am not saying that Guts should be ranked at mach 220 with the Berserker Armour due to the stat boost thing, I am saying that it is consistent to have feats that much higher because of how much of a boost the berserker armour was stated to be. I generally do not take stated stat boosts seriously at all especially since they tend to lead to inflated results.

Anyways, uh, Chosen Undead might take this? Not sure, I am rooting for Guts though

Could go either way, since Chosen Undead Attack Potency and Durability are higher, but Guts has a massive Speed advantage.

Me, I'm rooting for Guts.

Could go either way, since Chosen Undead Attack Potency and Durability are higher, but Guts has a massive Speed advantage.

Me, I'm rooting for Guts.

Assuming this is end-of-game and he has all the Lord Souls, I'm giving it to Chosen Undead. If the soul of the Witch of Izalith puts him at City Level, then the addition of the souls of Gwyn, Nito and the two Bequeathed Lord Soul Shards from Seath and the Four Kings (all of these souls are comparable to the Witch's) should make him far more powerful than Guts. He also has a vast array of spells that he can use offensively, defensively or even to heal himself which would make the fight very tough for Guts.

I'm not saying it will be an easy fight, especially if Guts uses his Berserker Armor, but I still think the Chosen Undead takes this.

P.S. About the dodging lightning thing for the Chosen Undead, I think it could be "real" lightning. In the war against the Everlasting Dragons, Seath said that only lightning (I assume he means "true" lightning, since I don't think magic existed back then) could pierce their scales and make them mortal, and Gwyn's Lightning Spears were able to do just that. iirc it was also stated that the Soul of Light (Gwyn's Lord Soul) allowed him "to weave lightning and light freely". The Chosen Undead has dodged said lightning spears and the spell "Heavenly Thunder" which is sky-to-earth lightning, so maybe he could get the reaction speed?

Anyways, it's been a while since I played Dark Souls and the lore is really confusing so I could be wrong, feel free to correct me :)

Meh turn.

Let me see... Well, Guts has a speed advantage with Berserker Armor, and he has advantage in using weapons (Quicker use). Also, Berserker Armor adds up with the ability to not feel pain.

However, the Chosen Undead has some impressive magic. Wrath of the Gods, anyone? Great Heal Excerpt? Fire Orb? Also, if we count all of the equipment that the Chosen Undead has, his weapons and armor are going to simply be superior to Guts'. Dragon Slayer? Look at a +15 Occult Claymore, or at a +15 Crystal Zweihänder. Berzeker Armor? ... Well, maybe Havel's Armor. Also, like it was said in this thread many times, Berzerker Armor is, like, a double-edged sword.

Guts may blitz the Undead at first, but fighting faster enemies is natural to the Chosen Undead. Spells like Great Heal and stuff are going to keep him alive, while Wrath of the Gods will keep crushing Guts until he dies. Frankly, I can't see Guts winning this one if we use endgame Chosen Undead with all magics, miracles and pyromancies, especially if he has all weapons.

Chosen Undead wins, with a lot of difficulty, but he wins.

Not to mention that the Chosen Undead has the spell "Tranquil Walk of Peace", which halves the movement speed of all enemies nearby. If Guts went for an attack he would be slowed, allowing the Undead to quickly retaliate. This battle's more in favour of the Undead.

Being A fan of the series.

The chosen should only be Hypersonic+. Considering that the game he is from is the only one without a MHS

and the lighting he dodged is clearly just magic.

And the city feat while legit, should not scale to his durability. Durability wise he is around City block IIRC via scaling

I'd say Guts w/ Armor should be too fast for the Chosen considering how slow I was when playing Dark souls (lol)

I think that it would depend on the distance it starts off at. TWoP (Walk of Peace), has a radius and forces people to walk, not run. That would be a major effect in this fight since Guts is much faster than CU. With everything CU has, i'm going to have to say he takes it with some difficulty

I think the lightning spear should be considered a valid feat, since it's stated that dragons are weak to lightning. Chosen undead takes this with massive difficult

This was never posted on CU's page but I am also going with CU. Tranquil Walk of Peace was removed in later installments for a reason. It's broken.

Also, I don't see anyone mentioning Estus, this should be allowed to him. I'm not sure if Divine Blessing, Humanity, or Green Blossom's are, but Estus is part and parcel with CU. Says all equipment allowed.

If Guts tries to Blitz with Berserker Armor; Havel's + Iron Flesh can allow CU to almost ignore him.

Necro! the chosen undead wins after a hard fight; most of his equipment is country level so it cannot be used. However the chosen undead is way stronger lifting strength wise and still has more versatility then Guts so I'll give it to him.

Isn't this fight a stomp now? In case you want to go with BoS Chosen Undead, he should be slightly faster than Guts and more versatile.

Well if we're giving CU all of his equipment, then the GiantDad hands him the victory. It was made specifically to counter fighters like Guts. The Chaoshander is strong and weighty enough to stagger someone in full Havel's, which is made from a stone similar to a dragon's scales. So forcing Guts onto his back foot with just a few swings won't be hard. The Giant's Armor is tough enough to tank most hits from the City level enemies, so Guts and his sword are gonna have one hell of a time getting through it. And the mask and shield add more bonuses that make it even harder for Guts to win. Even the boost from the Berserker Armor doesn't matter, as GiantDad CU can keep taking the hits and dishing them back harder until either the armor or Guts breaks.

TL;DR GiantDad gives a perfect counter to Guts and secures a moderately easy win for CU.

...All of this thread necromancy, lately-

Isn't this a gigantic stomp, after the Dark Souls upgrades?

YukiNitta said:
TL;DR GiantDad gives a perfect counter to Guts and secures a moderately easy win for CU.
Giant armor isn't 8-B so it cannot be used, but the chaos zweihander, mask of the father, grass crescent shield, stone armor, and most pyromancy are allowed.

Back