• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Kirito (Who is the real black swordsman?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1- Base Guts vs Base Kirito Round 2- Berzerker Armor Guts vs Kirito. Round 3- Berzerker Guts vs Beast Kirito.

Speed equalized WHEN NEEDED.

Kirito vs Guts

Well, Guts might lose the first round, but he easly obliterates the last two rounds, Kirito gets outmatched.

No Mary Sue nonsense will save him from Guts.

I love how people keep saying Kirito is a mary sue. He really isn't. But, I digress. Anyway, Kirito has nothing on Guts. Base form Kirito is probably stronger, but once Berserker armor comes out, I don't think he stands a chance.

Wait, are we using composite kirito (Alfheim, sao, and gun gale) or just one form?

ZephyrosOmega said:
I love how people keep saying Kirito is a mary sue. He really isn't. But, I digress. Anyway, Kirito has nothing on Guts. Base form Kirito is probably stronger, but once Berserker armor comes out, I don't think he stands a chance.
Wait, are we using composite kirito (Alfheim, sao, and gun gale) or just one form?
idk

Tho techincally speaking, arent the second and third rounds stomp? 8-C Vs 8-B, Hypersonic vs High Hypersonic+ etc, the least that the op do is equalized speed or something

Nah, that regen, flight + sword break pretty much screwed over Guts

1.Kirito Mid-Dif

2.Kirito Very High Dif

3.Kirito High Dif

SomebodyData said:
Nah, that regen, flight + sword break pretty much screwed over Guts

1.Kirito Mid-Dif

2.Kirito Very High Dif

3.Kirito High Dif
Real Life sword skills give Guts the easy win in Round 1, in Round 2, Kirito can't hurt Guts at all in the bezerker armor, also, you imply Guts to be dumb enough to take Kirito's hits, he could also defeat him without his sword,remember the Elf Children arc? Guts easly dodges and cuts Kirito in half when he is close if he decides to fly.

In round 3, Guts takes this with even more ease, since Beast Kirito has no videogame skills.

Actually the regen and sword break kreally help Kirito who already has had a lot experience also fighting, while his experience is less compared to Guts, I should remind you Kirito has been shown to easily adjust to new situations (GGO, ALO) and his pre-cog pretty much helps alot with the experience disadvantage

Ah I actually never saw the Elf Children Arc yet (Only saw the first season of Berserk) but I am going off the wikia's page version, which has his range cap out with quite a few meters with his arm cannon, something Kirito probably can outfly.

Hmm true, true, I'll give you that

I'd rather you remove matches 2 and 3. Zerkarmor Guts >> Kirito, that's a stomp. Also, Spriggan Illusion: Beast Form DOES NOT increase stats, only range so that is a stomp as well.

As for Round 1, Guts does have a good speed advantage while Kirito has the AP and Durability advantage. I'm gonna have to go with Kirito via sword skills amping up his swinging speed faster than he normally can, while Skill Connect keeps him from freezing up due to cooldowns. Also, as SomebodyData says, Arms Break can really ruin someone's day.

Also, although not the right thread to discuss this, Kirito was rated at Hypersonic in combat speed due to reacting to and deflecting automatic fire. At the same arc, Desu Gun commented that Kirito got very rusty, so his reflexes has already dulled since SAO arc.

Guts stomps hard via speedblitz all rounds normally.

Anyway, Data, you've named solid advantages with Kirito... but the stupid thing is, they don't really mean much.

He'd outduel Kirito anyway, since he is way more skilled than an idiot who tries/fails to keep calm during a fight, goes back on plans (decides not to use the sword skills, than uses them anyway against Heathcliff.), and ultimately when put into a fight that doesn't have fodders for an opponent, is just a rage-driven maniac who charges the opponent whenever said opponent is even remotely competent at fighting. Honestly, Kirito ONLY is calm and calculated when fighting fodder enemies, and whenever faced with someone who is even kind of good and not fodder to him, he breaks down and uses brute force to achieve his goals, something Guts will quickly figure out and exploit, as Kirito's sword guard is flawed to say the least.

Kirito's flight won't be a major factor, since he rarely uses it and has only used it in combat a handful of times and generally prefers to fight on the ground

Also, Kirito's regen takes a long time (Several minutes is a long time in a sword fight), and Guts will have hacked him to itty-bitty pieces before then as Kirito's regen is mid and slow AF (and then there's the fact that he has never regened like that ever.)

Sirius The EM Troll said:
I said normally. I know speed is equalized, I'm just pointing out Kirito would get stomped normally.
And why did you state that in a speed equalized match?

Guts has managed to adjust to demons who were capable of ramming through him with flight , he was also able to match Noseferatu Zodd in combat (post golden age and in his apostle form) who was known to be Skull Knight's rival; done this all without the Berserker armor.

I doubt Kirito can break the Dragonslayer, as people who could fight Berserker armor guts was unable to destroy the weapon. Also it is implied to have an astral existance due to the thousands of victims Dragonslayer hs killed.

Kirito is reliant on his plot armor not skill, trust me kirito presented more mary sue power then skill more then anything throughout his run , Guts is reliant on pure rage and skill, no matter what happen Guts will find a way and trust me he will

Guts wins all 3, each within the span of a second. Guts is a trained superhuman warrior. Kirito is a shut-in gamer nerd loser that has never practiced a violent art in his life. No, kendo does not count as a violent art. Any kenshi would call you an idiot for thinking it is. Kirito is good at video games, that's all. He's just another nerd.

This is ******* stupid.

Practiced Kendo? And you never got hurt or hit a bit hard?

Tbh, your comment startled me because I have started kendo for about a year now and I have been hurt myself, people complained about how my strikes are too violent (they are left with a headache for the rest of a day after one Men) and a friend of mine lost two teeth after a brutal hit from a sensei. All of this while wearing full equipment.

CuriousWatcher said:
Practiced Kendo? And you never got hurt or hit a bit hard?
Tbh, your comment startled me because I have started kendo for about a year now and I have been hurt myself, people complained about how my strikes are too violent (they are left with a headache for the rest of a day after one Men) and a friend of mine lost two teeth after a brutal hit from a sensei. All of this while wearing full equipment.
So you think because you're getting hit with a stick or feeling physical pain, you're learning how to really fight? What a joke. Basketball players lose teeth too. Football players get hit harder than any kenshi ever will.

And if your sensei is complaining about your strikes being too violent, it's because you're terrible at kendo, not because kendo has any basis in combat. The goal when cutting is for it to be quick and clean, not violent heavy slashes. You're an amateur, dude. Your strikes are "violent" because they're terrible.

How did your pal manage to lose teeth anyways? Sounds like a load of bullshit. Knocking out someone's teeth when they're wearing their me with a bamboo sword is physically impossible, unless his shinai somehow went through the helmet and into the guy's face.

You're not a swordsman kid, and neither am I. Your teachers aren't either. Kendo is a sport, not a martial art. Go ahead, ask your teachers if they're teaching you how to fight.

Guys, please. We are getting off-topic here.

Kyle Ramos said:
Who is the real black swordsman?
Anyway, we all know who the real black swordsman is.

Marvel blade
The true Black Swordsma

@Cowtown

I'll take your remark about the slashes and try to be swifter so thanks for that.

Well, he did. He took a me during the fight and this damaged his teeth to the point that they were "dead" (the roots were destroyed and starting to rot) . My bad, I mislead you with the way I formulated it, they weren't knocked off.

This is going off topic guys. Guts takes the win by fighting opponents who would demolish Kirito in combat and having knowledge on what to do with flying demons. Just in case if I had not made this clear in my previous post.

I count only a few votes for Guts, even mentioning the ones that don't have any legit reasoning

SomebodyData said:
You haven't really given much reasoning either, since all you've named for Kirito is stuff Guts deals with on a much bigger scale than what Kirito has, and his regen doesn't make a difference, since a fight between aggressive fighters like Kirito and Guts would be short (heck, all of Kirito's fights are pretty short), and in the end, Guts is far more skilled than Kirito has ever been, and he will be the one chopping off Kirito's head.

Kirito's regen takes minutes to just regenerate a forearm, let alone a body, and this fight would last a few seconds, nowhere near enough for his regen to come into play to heal an arm so Kirito can keep going.

And of course there's also the chance that Kirito won't even last that long.

Guts 11/10

Just throwing some stuff.

Iirc, Kirito fought Yuki for a few minutes before losing.

Heathcliff held off the 55th floor boss for roughly 10 minutes.

Kirito and Klein held off an entire boss raid party for around 3 minutes based on what he told Asuna.

Not that it affects this fight, just saying that SAO top tiers are roughly the same level.

Wait what? @Sirius You say his regen takes a while to regenerate, yet he at one point regenerated faster than 6+ swordsman were able to damage him.

Arm? Do you mean the moment when he lost his hand? If so, then you do realized the stun nullfied all his abilities and regen, it was only like 20 seconds when he had the ability back.

Also Guts fought against a guy that has pre-cog and regen?

@SomebodyData So, i'm not about to comment on this match since i don't know anything about Guts, but every single one of these 6+ swordsman were absolute fodder compared to Kirito. They could barely damage him. IIRC, Kirito himself said that the amount of damage they could do to him in 10 seconds was equal to how much health he regenerated in 10 seconds. That's not really much of a feat for his regen.

NotEvenHuman said:
@SomebodyData So, i'm not about to comment on this match since i don't know anything about Guts, but every single one of these 6+ swordsman were absolute fodder compared to Kirito. They could barely damage him. IIRC, Kirito himself said that the amount of damage they could do to him in 10 seconds was equal to how much health he regenerated in 10 seconds. That's not really much of a feat for his regen.
They barely damaged his HP, a case of game mechanics, however all their attacks did go through him.

SomebodyData said:
. Also Guts fought against a guy that has pre-cog and regen?
Guts has fought against someone with Regenerationn here, however cutting of the head would make the body itself be unable to regenerate. Guts being able to surprise the Godhand itself shows that using pre cognition against Gut's may lead to unexpected results. Seeing as the Godhand can look into the flow of time past,present and future and still be bewildered by what Guts is able to do. Plus being a branded survivor shows that prophecy is not very effective against him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back