• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Guts vs Genichiro Ashina

Both 8-B

Speed equalized

Guts can use Berserker Armor if pushed hard enough (this rule can be removed if it results in stomp)

Fight starts at 10 meters distance, takes place atop Ashina Castle

Fight until death, KO, forfeit, or retreat

Damn, that makes no sense. He can evenly fight with 8-C, likely 8-B Sekiro who doesn't get any increase in power within their fight.

I think the rationale is that Sekiro steamrolled him in the first part of the fight. Personally I think that it makes more sense for Genichiro to be Tier 8 in base and only get lightning through WoT since I'd say it's more fitting that Genichiro utterly steamrolls Sekiro, which makes their rematch atop Ashina Castle more investing due to it being a skill check and second chance for the player as well as Sekiro, which it really wouldn't be if the canon outcome of their first duel was Sekiro copping a W and then getting hit with a cheap shot. I mean, both are thematically appropriate, as in both outcomes of the first duel Sekiro fails because he's shaken by his initial failure and isn't at the top of his game, but the former outcome invests the player more heavily, and thus I think it should be considered the canonical one since it more closely fits the FromSoft design and writing philosophy shown in previous games.

SpookyShadow said:
Wait. What's the proof of Sekiro steamrolling Genichiro?
None so far as I know. Genichiro is tuckered out and admits that Sekiro is impressive, then tries to shift gears and recruit him, but that's not indicative of a steamroll. Methinks this is turning into a Genichiro CRT

Speaking of Sekiro CRTs, I just remembered that Sekiro has his Dragon's Heritage oath mark pre-Genichiro, and is covered in sakura leaves, a visual signifier of the power of the Dragon's Heritage, meaning he has his Immortality hax prior to getting de-limbed, time fuckery need not apply. Time for his safety net hax to get nerfed Minikappa

SheevShezarrine said:
Speaking of Sekiro CRTs, I just remembered that Sekiro has his Dragon's Heritage oath mark pre-Genichiro, and is covered in sakura leaves, a visual signifier of the power of the Dragon's Heritage, meaning he has his Immortality hax prior to getting de-limbed, time fuckery need not apply. Time for his safety net hax to get nerfed Minikappa
OOF! That's a big L.

>Methinks this is turning into a Genichiro CRT

Well it's not. But Sekiro never did steamroll Genichiro, they are around equal.

SpookyShadow said:
>Methinks this is turning into a Genichiro CRT

Well it's not. But Sekiro never did steamroll Genichiro, they are around equal.
Hence Base Genichiro is Tier 8 for keeping up with Sekiro during their Ashina Castle fight. Only thing stating otherwise is the fact that Sekiro can defeat him in their first fight, even though this occurs maybe 2/10 times (if that) without resetting or having previously mastered the game. And while yeah, difficulty is subjective, there's also the fact that Sekiro is somewhat weakened (guards state that he is in essence mentally devastated from failing to prevent Genichiro from capturing Kuro, and Sekiro wakes up with low HP), and also not at the top of his game skill-wise, as implied by how he subtly fumbles around for his sword hilt, as opposed to smoothly and confidently unsheathing his sword like Genichiro does in their first 2 bouts, and as Sekiro himself does in their 2 rematches.

Back