• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Because why not (Is the reasoning for far too many of my fights). IDK. Really good longcoats?

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is early game Ren and Gunvolt as of the end of the second game (His 7-C in his second key)

Gunvolt2ndArt
AP: Above 15 Kilotons

Jokerrenamamiya
AP: Defeated casual baseline (I.E. baseline with a mere thought)

Gunvolt:
Joker:

Inconclusive:

Odin and Ishtar are the only Personas that are immune to electricity. Gunvolt can absorb Odin and Ishtar's electric attacks. If Joker himself attacks Gunvolt can just lolprevade.

Joker's Mindhax is just status effects. Gunvolt's null is way above Joker's pay grade for mindhax (Said mindhax was going to fully control at least multiple people)

Odin and Ishtar are definitely not the only ones who are naturally immune to electricity. Joker also has Personas with the Null/Drain Elec skills, which he could fuse into any other Persona.

Joker can have effectively any skill on nearly any Persona, so even with just Odin or Ishtar, he has access to any elemental skills that are a part of their fusion tree. He can also spam his attacks, particularly his gun, while Gunvolt can't spam prevasion.

Joker's attacks are all extensions of his mind and soul hax due to the nature of Personas and Shadows. Any damage he deals hurts Gunvolt in mind, body and soul. On a less related note, Yaldabaoth's mindhax is universal and even powerless people with strong ties to Joker were completely immune to it.

Besides, Gunvolt can't defend against Almighty. Joker resists power null with Fortify Spirit and Unshaken Will. He defends against most if not all of Gunvolt's attacks with either Persona shifting or the -karn spells.

@Solacis

Oh. Alright then, against Joker variety is nessasary. Got it.

@Schnee

GV looses anyway, but Joker's mindhax is... underwealming to say the least. GV's null works on mindhax that's only slightly inferior to another mindhax that was going to fully control every adept in Japan, if not the world.

About Joker's mindhax, I'm not entirely sure but it should scale to the resistance of the things he can affect with his regular attacks. Since Mind=Soul in Persona, Joker's mindhax should be equal to his soul hax, which scales to his tier. So Early-Game Joker should have town-level mindhax, all the way up to End Game Joker having Universal+.

Gunvolt can null mindhax that is only slightly worse than mindhax that was going to control all the Adepts in Japan. Even if we're being generous and saying that Adepts only make up 1% of the population, that's still at least 1,268,000 people.

At this point Joker's mindhax doesn't even matter, we all agree that it isn't affecting GV, just that it's higher than what's strictly written on his profile. What does matter is that Joker soulhaxes and GV doesn't resist.

Yeah, basically that.

Also Personas that basically make any attempts for Gunvolt to attack nil.

And I'm guessing giving Gunvolt his 7-C key with Causality Manipulation wouldn't be fair, either? In fact, since it comes from another soul, Joker could just soulhax Joule before she can use lolcausality.

Yeah, I'd say Ren is a good contender for the strongest non-smurf character of most tiers he's in.

Smash Bros is made in Japan. Marth and Roy got in just because they were popular in japan.

Japanese Shovel Knight > American Shovel Knight

I looked on Google Trends

GunvoltVsSuperman

Gunvolt is equal with, usually above Superman in popularity in Japan. This would be like if Shovel Knight was as popular as Goku in the states.

Back