• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt major AP and speed overhaul

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hagane_no_Saiyajin/Mass_and_KE_of_GV's_darts

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hagane_no_Saiyajin/Ghauri_speed

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hagane_no_Saiyajin/Copen_Laser_speed

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Hagane_no_Saiyajin/Gunvolt_lightning_AP

To start things off, we need to understand the threat of adepts in the verse. In general they are considered to be like nukes and should either be kept on a leash or destroyed as seen with Sumeragi and Copen's father's views on them, and that is true due to them having often haxxed or crazy abilities that can kill many people, but yet their just a measly 8-B to 8-A? I'm sure that literal bomb tech by then has developed to destroy at most continents by then, it's not they need to worry about losing city blocks.

But this is were these calcs come in: And I propose that all speeds be downgraded to Sub-Relativistic with respect to the Copen calc, but have Ghauri at least be Sub-Relativistic+ since I got that in a calc on him. However for GV I say he be given Relativistic+ lightning attack speed

As for AP all ASG1 characters should be High 7-C and any AP from ASG2 should be Low 7-B with respect to Joule's multipliers

As for GV himself, I'd say for AS1 in base he would be High 7-C, At least 7-B with Anthem, and in ASG2 Low 7-B for base, 7-B with weakened anthem, 7-A with full anthem

Normal human in terms of AP can probably stay where they are.

And I know this may sound crazy to upgrade all of the characters to these tiers but the provider of the 8-A feat Tenjian at the time wasn't even trying! Infact he was was simply in a luxury penthouse suite chilling out and sipping his tea. He only took action when Copen or GV came to the scene. And may I need to say the 8-A feat was feezing a city casually! There is no reason to say he couldn't have outright destroyed the city with his ice.

Speed cannot be used to find KE whe

• The calculated kinetic energy value is heavily inconsistent with the rest of the cast in the series. EX: Quicksilver's calculated speed cannot be used to derive kinetic energy as it heavily contradicts his established power levels.
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
Taken directly from our Kinetic Energy Feats page. Gunvolt definately destroying towns with his darts.

Tenjian's 8-A feat was not casual, at least as far as we know. The city was frozen long before Gunvolt and Copen got there.

I agree with speed revisions, however. The lightspeed attack from Jota used to scale GV's darts is notably slower than his other attacks, so this speed is more consistant. I also would give everyone Gunvolt 2 and onwards Sub-Rel+ reactions since GV and Copen can react to him. This would also apply to Gunvolt 1 Anthems since they have more of Joule's power than Ghauri did then.

Also, about as for the whole "They should be better than nukes" thing, nukes arn't exactly convinient, nor are large-scale bombs in general. Their level of danger comes from how high they are above normal humans, even with weapons. Nukes can't grow legs and start punching people, and a nuke can't blend in with normal humans. Nukes can't start genocidal cults, either. Now, if we were talking about the plot of Vectorman, than things would be different, but in the Gunvolt universe nothing shows that Adepts are better than nukes in terms of raw power outside of the LAiX future.

I disagree with the speed downgrade, Jotw is confirmed Lightspeed, as well as his attacks, even if the attack appears slower I don't think it really matters. I would say something like Relativistic Combat Speed, but less Travel Speed?

The attack that's used to calc the darts is visibly slower than Jota's other attacks. His other attacks are nigh-instant.

Like, I would get the Darts being slower, but GV's combat speed should be the same. He's able to dodge those nigh instant attacks. For example, Copen's Border 2 is light speed, no doubt, travels across the screen instantly and everything, just because it's slowed down in his boss fight doesn't mean it still isn't light speed

Also I've played as Copen and practically no one exactly dodges the Border. I need at least an example to calculate if possible. And since the Sub-Rel has been accepted, everyone's going down now.

Well, I personally didn't agree with the sub rel, Gunvolt dodged the Border, it's only slowed down for us because we can't, in Copen's boss fight, that is. It would make no sense for the shots in Copen's boss fight and when he is playable to be different.

Jota's light transformation lets him move at light speed, and GV can sorta run along with him in lateral movement too.

As well, Blade deflected the Divider, though she didn't move, there's no way she can do that so consistently by just standing still

That is true. I say we should have a highball for Gunvolt's speed based on the border II in Copen's boss fight.

Border II is also based on Jota's Septima, straight out confirmed. So that confirms it that his attacks are light speed too

I mean, we know Jota's attacks are lightspeed. The attack that GV's darts were scaling from was just a slower attack than Jota's other attacks. I'm agreeing with you, long story short. I just think Copen's boss fight should only be used for a "Likely" or "Possibly" in speed.

What I meant by "laterally" moving was like, in Jota's fight he turns into photons to move around the area to place his drones, and GV has similar speed to him by simply dashing and stuff

I personally thought the developers made Jota's lasers slower than the Border II for the same reasons that Sonic doesn't run faster. To make sure that the game doesn't become unplayable, since if it were too fast the player wouldn't be able to keep up.

Either that or it could just be the limitations of the game.

And though to compare Jota's lasers to Copen's Border in terms of speed I think the Border makes for a consistent analog because we only see Jota's attacks only a few times in the game but we do see Copen use the Border through his entire gameplay.

No, what I mean is most of Jota's lasers are one consistant speed. The attack that's used to scale GV's Dart Speed is much slower.

Still iffy about the 7-C Darts. They barely do anything to a Sumeragi soldier, or really anything in general

Well, what should we consider lightspeed?

6222 px/s (Jota's in game lasers) or 21103.2 px/s (Border II's lasers)

I'd personally go for the latter because it's a consistent analog with how much it is used in GV2 and to an extent takes into account just how fast light can be.

Although if I can be provided an example of someone dodging the border, I'm be more than happy to calculate that.

But if this can't come to an agreement, we might have to label the verse "at least Sub-Relativistic, possibly Relativistic"

As I've been mentioning, the light attack that Gunvolt's darts are scaled from is slower than Jota's other beam attacks

Dosn't look like it's been accepted yet to me. Also, I think we can't scale normal humans to Adepts anymore from that one book feat. The numbers are just getting way to high. Not to mention the Adept that used Viper's Septima may not have been as strong as Viper (The same Septima can lead to different levels of power, as shown with Gunvolt, Asimov and Blade). Humans can probably be 9-C given what Rei survived:

"Next thing Rei knew, he was hurling into the shelves of a nearby clothing store. Fortuntely for him, all of the clothes hanging up acted as a pseudo net and helped cushion the impact. His pledge to always protect his sister came in handy as he was more prepared to deal with a situation like this. He managed to escape without any serious wounds or broken bones.

However, Rei was not unharmed. While none of injuries were life threatening, he was suffering from some burns caused by the blast and his entire body hurt from being flung into the shelves."

As for the AP, here's what I think:

I think it's good for the Adepts

The Human level characters should no longer downscale, because Tier 7 is the point where it's just stupid. I say normal humans should be 9-C, scaling to the Rei feat I quoted earlier.

Back