• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guns Are My Religion - Roland Deschain vs Din Djarin

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Two gunslingers. Four guns. One hell of a match.

The Gunslinger of Gilead vs The Mandalorian

They both have all their equipment. Speed equalized. Range 30 meters away from each other and in an old country-western town. Victory via SBA.

old-west-town-illustration-id98345036

yRjDTX0.jpeg
84952dfd2b40ce93844112c1c9919d48.jpg

Doesn't Mando's armor scale above 300megajoules?
He should be able to tank at least a few shots, unlike Roland.

I don't know much about him, though. What's his wincons?

Mando's armor doesn't cover his joints and Roland is an insane crackshot with a pistol. Roland's wincons I guess are disabling Mando's limbs and taking off his helmet before sticking a bullet in his head.

Last edited:
Mando's armor doesn't cover his joints and Roland is an insane crackshot with a pistol. Roland's wincons I guess are disabling Mando's limbs and taking of his helmet before sticking a bullet in his head.
Does he typically shoot for the joints? Without prior knowledge, and especially if his pistol historically can destroy steel, he might not have any reason not to just shoot for the typical weak spots.
Mando's not that impressive though. Boba Fette is more of a duelist, and even he got outskilled by Cad Bane.

However... all Roland really can do here is disable his shooting arm, he can't easily get an instant kill shot. That means even in this scenario Mando can just use whistling birds. Which he's very liable to do if put in a jam.

In my opinion, it is a victory for Roland due to superior marksmanship and centuries of experience in comparison to The Mandalorian.

Roland's gun proficiency allows him to adjust the trajectory of his bullets with other bullets, perform impossibly precise shots etc.

There is also the advantage of his Instinctive Reaction, and the fact he is capable of deflecting projectiles (from Randall Flagg) with his Pistols. So I would say he is also very capable of evading Djinn's projectiles.

There is also the advantage of his Instinctive Reaction, and the fact he is capable of deflecting projectiles (from Randall Flagg) with his Pistols. So I would say he is also very capable of evading Djinn's projectiles.
They're heat-seeking and their AP is higher than his durability.

Does he typically shoot for the joints? Without prior knowledge, and especially if his pistol historically can destroy steel, he might not have any reason not to just shoot for the typical weak spots.
Mando's not that impressive though. Boba Fette is more of a duelist, and even he got outskilled by Cad Bane.

However... all Roland really can do here is disable his shooting arm, he can't get an instant kill shot. That means even in this scenario Mando can just use whistling birds. Which he's very liable to do if put in a jam.
Roland would be likely be capable of shooting the whistling birds out of the air with no difficulty. He has performed a similar feat to the "Sneetches."

Last edited:
I mean sheesh.
If he's really that cracked then Mando probably does just get skill stomped.

He shoots two of those golden ball thingies from Harry Potter, but i doubt that'll count whilst scaling. Here's the quote either way

"Then he snapped his gun up, blew both sneetches out of the air, and was once more reloading the empty chambers while the afterimages still pulsed with his heartbeat in front of his eyes."

However... all Roland really can do here is disable his shooting arm, he can't easily get an instant kill shot. That means even in this scenario Mando can just use whistling birds. Which he's very liable to do if put in a jam.
He's stated time and time again to be intelligent when it comes to battle, so i have no reason to believe he wouldn't aim for the joints if he assessed the situation.

Back