• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

+++ 9-A Swiss style Tournament: Breaking conventions +++: Round 3; Match 4: Din Djarin vs Stick Teddy

This is a 10-round Swiss-style tournament!!! (Link to Tournament page)
Round 3; Match 4: Din Djarin vs Stick Teddy
🇨🇭 in Geneva of course 🇨🇭

1920px-Geneve_2005_001_Ork.ch.jpg

Match Rules:
  • Speed is equalized
  • All optional equipment is allowed that is up to 9-A
  • Takes place in the center of Gevena at Sunrise
  • 70 meters starting distance
  • No Prep nor Prior Knowledge
  • The city is abandoned for these matches so no outside help
  • BFR, Death Manip, and other passive One-Shot Hax have been mostly banned
  • For more info go to the main Tournament page
Characters
Attack Potency
Votes
Din Djarin (Star Wars) + 0.0717017 Tons of TNT0
Stick Teddy (Stick Gang)0.0375430210325 Tons of TNT0
Inconclusive0

So, Stick Teddy always starts with throwing his microphone, which more often than not results in his opponent catching it and getting a free hit. After that, he'll use either Burning Mic (basically his regular mic attack but on fire), or Danmaku, which is sound-based.

So, Stick Teddy always starts with throwing his microphone, which more often than not results in his opponent catching it and getting a free hit. After that, he'll use either Burning Mic (basically his regular mic attack but on fire), or Danmaku, which is sound-based.
ok so idk if Din has dodged sound based attacks

IDK if he leads with using deconstruction b/c if he does then it's a win

ok so idk if Din has dodged sound based attacks

IDK if he leads with using deconstruction b/c if he does then it's a win
He hasn’t dodged sound based attacks and I don’t think he can, but his best speed feat is flying and maneuvering at similar speeds to various ships that I’m pretty sure aren’t overwhelmingly slower than that. Not sure if it matters and his jetpack has only a couple minutes of fuel though.

Anyway, onto his opening move:
At that range against someone that doesn’t seem to have a range weapon I can imagine two opening moves. The first would be using his blaster from cover and generally trying to use the city’s layout to his advantage, sort of like what he did in The Prisoner. The second is the more boring ”get into an elevated position with good visibility to snipe“ that would involve the aforementioned deconstruction.

Regardless one thing about the Amban sniper rifle is that it’s an extremely long ranged weapon, not the kind of thing you use when your opponent is up close. This kind of situation where he can take cover and act as a sniper is when he’d be most likely lead with it, I’m just generally unsure if 70 meters is long range or mid range.

How is Teddy’s intelligence and what are his attacks like? I honestly doubt he has what it takes to win but don’t know anything about him. Is there some visible ripple for his sound-based attacks?

How is Teddy’s intelligence and what are his attacks like? I honestly doubt he has what it takes to win but don’t know anything about him. Is there some visible ripple for his sound-based attacks?
Yes there is. He's decent in combat and has great range with his sound attacks.

I think I'll go with Din. 70 meters is quite a long range, so if Din goes with the Snuper Rifle, I think that'll lead the fight into his favor.

Based on the Spampton NEO fight wouldn't he try to tank the Sound Danmaku for some time to then snipe Teddy

It probably works since his AP is 1/2 of his
Well, it’s more that he’s willing to tank attacks if he can get in some of his own but in debates there isn’t much of a difference.

Also his armor scales far above his AP, consistently taking minor damage from things with similar power.

Voting for Mando.

Back