• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gun High! (Yusuke Urameshi vs Kyle Tenjuin)

Let's see:

Yusuke has Force-fields with his control of reiki. Assuming this is Raizen-Possessed Yusuke, Yusuke outclasses Kyle in sheer experience.

In terms of close to mid-range conbat, Yusuke not only has his standard Reigun but also his "Shotgun" which has more AoE and deals more damage. The Reikodan is explained more here.

As for stamina, Yusuke was able to stand on one finger for 12 hours.

Not voting yet just provided scans.

Yusuke does like firing off his spirit gun often, and if Kyle trys to spam ranged game, he'll easily fire off one to blast him and the few kilometers around him.

Is that a vote for Yusuke?

I guess the question is, or perhaps point, is that despite the AoE, Kyle can form shields around himself that protect him from omnidirectional stuffs. If that helps any. I can't remember if I provided scans or not. If any are needed I'm happy to provide them.

It is saying one thing that counters the point of range spam.

Shields are something Yusuke has dealt with in the form of Yomi via just firing blasts over and over, though, he did it as a 6-B, not a Low 6-B.

Kyle seems to have more experience (assuming he has fought during 10 years) and with weapon construct give him the melee advantage; meanwhile Yusuke has ranged attacks and regen. Kyle can counter ranged attacks with forcefields, but issue is that he can't see then, although with few shots he could predict via aim dodge and protect himself.

Although, reading RotofBots comment it seems like Yusuke has the same powers like construct and forcefields; suming that up to his ranged advantage and versatility (has several powers) I would give the win to Yusuke.

Yusuke was able to close the skill gap between him and Sensui via just getting better at fighting mid fight, and considering he was Spirit Detective for many years, and learned a few Martial arts along the way, I'd say he wouldn't be slouching to Kyle's 10 years.

There's also the fact that Yusuke has been fighting since childhood, albeit without powers. Yusuke was still an infamous street thug before he became a spirit detective.

Then again, Kyle with 4 Teratons to Yusuke's 2.6 does give him a nice advantage. And, if Kyle tries to abuse Range, Yusuke could either fire the spirit gun or get his hair wet, whip his head around and say "THIS ISN'T MARTIAL ARTS THIS IS STREET FIGHTING" before punching him alot as he can't move.

Okay legit he probably couldn't do that exactly but he could pull a similar trick

I agree, I think they're about even in terms of martial arts.

I don't think Yusuke really use forcefields all that much from what I can recall. At least not as consistently as Kyle. And Yusuke's constructs are certainly far less versatile/varied than Kyle's.

Thank you all for commenting here.

Yusuke has a thick Spiritual Aura around him 24/7 just like Sensui in in this key, which serves to deflect attacks that aren't strong enough to get through it or at least deal some knockback. Which, Kyle kinda is considering he has the AP edge.

Not really, nah.

How good is Kyle in Close Quarters though? If he's medicore, Yusuke wins via keeping him close and beating him up, if he's on the same level as Yusuke, I'd have to go with Kyle's better AP.

Kyle is excellent. He's one of the few people able to give a mind reader martial artist Arguably the best CQC fighter in the series aside from maybe this guy a hard time in a CQC fight.

The Mind Reader just got outright speedblitzed kek

I'm talking about Shao. He doesn't have a page on here. They spared most days during those ten years, so he's accustomed to that kind of fighting.

Yusuke also went toe to toe with a grand master martial artist who basically has 7 brains.

Yikes. He might have a bit of an edge then. Though I'd also have to question how 7 brains compares to reading one's mind. I'm not really sure, honestly.

7 brains though...wow. Who comes up with that stuff?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yusuke also went toe to toe with a grand master martial artist who basically has 7 brains.
He was outright losing to Sensui because he was Skilled enough to just make Yusuke's higher strength and speed not matter, it shifted to Yusuke's favor simply because he realized his predictably and just started fighting better

I don't know Kyle, so I don't know if he points out his opponent's flaws in a way that would cost him a match.

They never made CQC a big point for anyone in the series (except maybe Shao, Kyle, and Kagetora, and Ageha just a bit), it's just known that some people have some serious skills with regards to it. And since mind reading is a thing in the series, being able to fight against a mind reader in CQC was seen as something rather excellent.

They made a small point on how Kyle learned much of his martial arts and CQC from Shao, his training partner and mind reader whom had to have been practicing arts for over 10 years. As a child, partially because of his psi, Shao could take down adults with his CQC, though it helps that he can read minds. Shao is really the only martial artist in the series though, so there's not many in his verse who can touch him in pure CQC. Kyle is one of those few.

7 Personalities to be specific, but all share the same body. And it takes 40 years to master Sacred Energy, but Sensui did it in 6 due to it being divided by 7. And Sensui has Ki sensing and all that to anticipate his opponents moves. Yusuke can also get stronger and more skilled in the heat of battle.

Yeah

I think I'll just have to go with Kyle's better AP for this match, it's real close though.

Yeah. Kyle doesn't get stronger unless he uses his full power rise. He just gets more creative.

Also that's kinda awesome.

I'm glad this seems to be pretty close.

Back