• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gumball VS............. Johnny Test

Regardless. The votes are based on an invalid ability is my point. It's about this thread cause without that ability. The votes aren't valid. And said ability shouldn't be considered until actually properly discussed

Buttersamuri said:
Regardless. The votes are based on an invalid ability is my point. It's about this thread cause without that ability. The votes aren't valid. And said ability shouldn't be considered until actually properly discussed
Just make the thread and we can continue it there. Simple.

Although, I do think it's best if we stop all the Johnny Test debate's that are going on right now at the moment. It's probably best if we make a final decision on the Johnny's luck so we can continue the debates. So, I think it's best if we temporarily stop the Johnny Test debates.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
NormalPerson87 said:
Are you just bumping because Buttersamuri didn't respond to my comment?
I mean, I want this to continue and to not die
Yeah, you're right. I guess we can continue the rest of the debates as well.

Plus, I made a Timmy Turner vs Johnny Test thread.

Well. The only other comment in the thread discussing it was a staff member who called is dogmatic wank. Getting lucky a few times in a several seasons show doesn't even remotely = Super natural luck. Especially since several episodes also showed him having garbage luck as well

Buttersamuri said:
Well. The only other comment in the thread discussing it was a staff member who called is dogmatic wank. Getting lucky a few times in a several seasons show doesn't even remotely = Super natural luck. Especially since several episodes also showed him having garbage luck as well
Can you actually prove your point, instead of just saying it? I did, you should, too.

I don't need to prove my point. Your "evidence" is hardly evidence. I don't like using the word, but it's serious wank. My statement disproves you're evidence. It's honestly an awful awful reason for super natural luck. Getting lucky a few times in a several season show is absolutely no reason for super natural luck, else literally anyone who has gotten lucky more than once gets that ability by your logic

However, regarding Gumball vs Johnny, can't Johnny just Teleport before Gumball puts his helmet on or writes in his notebook? If no, then staying with Incon.

Pretty specific OOC stuff. So gonna say that doesn't happen more times than not.

Inconclusive doesn't work. Super natural luck is a serious no.

Buttersamuri said:
Pretty specific OOC stuff. So gonna say that doesn't happen more times than not.
Inconclusive doesn't work. Super natural luck is a serious no.
I mean, what else can Gumball do with the helmet besides him avoid every attack Johnny can throw at him? I haven't seen anything he can do offensively with the helmet. Gumball's only win con is the notebook, but that's if he can write something before Johnny can literally one shot, and Gumball needs to put on the helmet on first, and I'm sure Johnny has enough time to hit him.

Again. It's a hat. Whymst the heck are we not assuming he already has it on? Do I just give other characters optional equipment and they don't already have it on? What is this double standard.

Besides, Gumball has Carrie's potion and can turn into a ghost. He can just straight up possess Johnny.

Sir Ovens said:
Again. It's a hat. Whymst the heck are we not assuming he already has it on? Do I just give other characters optional equipment and they don't already have it on? What is this double standard.
Besides, Gumball has Carrie's potion and can turn into a ghost. He can just straight up possess Johnny.
Non-Physical Interaction and Intangibility say no to ghost potion.

So we're practically assuming that Gumball has the helmet on before the fight even starts?

Buttersamuri said:
That still shouldn't work. Supernatural luck for Johnny doesn't work. At all.
Even if we exclude Supernatural Luck (even though I have nearly 10 links to prove my point that Johnny has Supernatural Luck), this can still be an Incon.

Johnny's Supernatural luck isn't even combat applicable here. Him managing to avoid running into hay isn't good supernatural luck at all

In fact, Johnny making the helmet falling off is a NLF and his luck wouldn't cover the notebook, intangibility is select and not passive, and Johnny can't sense an invisible being so he won't decide to go intangible before Gumball can just posess him.

Johnny super natural luck is wank. You haven't left like 10 links. Highly over exaggerating

Secondly. Your evidence doesn't prove super natural luck. Dodging lasers isn't luck, getting lucky like once or twice isn't super natural luck

In order for this ability to apply. It needs to be a consistent ability he shows far more times than you have put out. Getting lucky once or twice doesn't remotely justify super natural luck. Johnny has shown his luck at some points of it Sucking. He has in no way any form of super natural luck

The only thing that remotely got lucky was the plane feat, but the rest is either some toon force like the snowball feat or it being combat inapplicable like the time when he missed crashing into a bar of hay

Yea. The inconclusive votes shouldn't count. They are based on an ability that was added without permission and is highly incorrect

Buttersamuri said:
Johnny super natural luck is wank. You haven't left like 10 links. Highly over exaggerating
Secondly. Your evidence doesn't prove super natural luck. Dodging lasers isn't luck, getting lucky like once or twice isn't super natural luck

In order for this ability to apply. It needs to be a consistent ability he shows far more times than you have put out. Getting lucky once or twice doesn't remotely justify super natural luck. Johnny has shown his luck at some points of it Sucking. He has in no way any form of super natural luck
I gave you 5 links on the Johnny Test luck thread, plus the 4 links on Johnny's page. That's 9 links. So, like I said, nearly 10 links. I never over exaggerated.

None of the links I presented showed Johnny dodging lasers. Like I said, I gave you more than 1 or 2 links.

Once again, you're heavily downgrading Johnny's luck. I gave you 9 links, not 1 or 2. And you still need to show me evidence of Johnny's luck sucking.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Johnny's Supernatural luck isn't even combat applicable here. Him managing to avoid running into hay isn't good supernatural luck at all
In fact, Johnny making the helmet falling off is a NLF and his luck wouldn't cover the notebook, intangibility is select and not passive, and Johnny can't sense an invisible being so he won't decide to go intangible before Gumball can just posess him.
He pushed random buttons, and the button that was pressed somehow was the right one. Johnny is known for pressing random buttons that end up saving him. I never said anything about hay. Him pressing the button that he didn't know was the right one, and it ended up working is luck.

It would be an NLF, but their luck cancels out. No one ever said that Johnny can make Gumballs helmet fly off. Their luck cancels out. Look back at the debate. The notebook can fly away due to Johnny's luck, but not the helmet. Besides, Johnny can just hit Gumball before he writes anything in the notebook. Johnny has Non-Physical Interaction, he is just fine when it comes to the ghost potion. Intangibility is selective, but he can still use it.

All of the links I gave is good proof. Dodging the hay was never the point. The point was Johnny pressed random buttons that ended up saving him and Dukey, which he is known for.

No. Your Wanking this to high hell. You continue to dodge the clear issue. These instances are Not super natural luck. It's not consistent across the episodes, it was a 6 season show with 230 segments. 10 instances, 20 instances, 30 instances wouldn't justify it. Because His Luck clearly varies. A character getting lucky a few times in a show running as long as that is normal.

By your logic. Let's give Homer super natural luck too. Oh. And Peter. And Hank to while we are at it. They have gotten lucky a few times in their shows. Guess they apply for it too

Buttersamuri said:
No. Your Wanking this to high hell. You continue to dodge the clear issue. These instances are Not super natural luck. It's not consistent across the episodes, it was a 6 season show with 230 segments. 10 instances, 20 instances, 30 instances wouldn't justify it. Because His Luck clearly varies. A character getting lucky a few times in a show running as long as that is normal.
By your logic. Let's give Homer super natural luck too. Oh. And Peter. And Hank to while we are at it. They have gotten lucky a few times in their shows. Guess they apply for it too
Until you give me a good amount of proof that Johnny's luck "clearly varies," I'm not responding to your comments about Johnny's luck. And I'm not trying to dodge your points, you have to prove your point.

Unless you have actual good evidence and staff actually supporting the ability. It can't and shouldn't be there. You added it without permission, the ability is wank, the only staff who saw it says it's wank, you are wrong. Try and avoid the point all you want, it still will get removed.

Buttersamuri said:
Unless you have actual good evidence and staff actually supporting the ability. It can't and shouldn't be there. You added it without permission, the ability is wank, the only staff who saw it says it's wank, you are wrong. Try and avoid the point all you want, it still will get removed.
This is my last time responding.

Proving your point with 10 links >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Proving your point with no links

The ability is self-explanatory. There was no need for permission.

And that 1 staff member didn't give any reasoning at all.

Give. Me. Links. Simple.

Back