• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Tier and speed

Gumball and co. should have Variable Tiers like other Toon Force characters (Perry the Platypus, Spongebob, ect). Like those guys, Gumball's Stats are very situational.

AP: Varies. Wall level (Barged through a wooden door. Comparable to Richard Watterso. Can harm those with comparable durability) to Small Town level (Can harm Darwin Watterso)

Durability: Varies. Wall level (Withstood an attack from Bobert that launched him through a wall. Survived being shot into space and the resulting fall. Took a hit from Tina Rex. Can withstand lightning bolts.) to Small Town level (Able to withstand a town sized explosio, which was calculated at this level. Tanked an explosion that destroyed Elmore Junior High i "The Candidate")

Lifting Strength: Varies. Regular Human to Class 10 (Could move Tina Rex in "The Quest")

Speed: Varies. Subsonic at his peak (Can move fast enough to appear as a blur to the naked eye)

Applies to Richard Watterso, Nicole Watterso, Darwin Watterso, Anais Watterso, Bobert, Carrie Krueger, Rob, Masami Yoshida, Ocho Tootmorsel, Hector Jötunheim, and Yuki Yoshida

Ability additions

Gumball

Darwi

Others

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but I would prefer more community input.

I don't think their tier varies any more than characters like the Teen Titans to be honest. On a related note I am also very doubtful over Perry needing a 9-C form instead of being straight up high 8-C.

The ability additions I'll go through soon.

Okay here are my thought

Regenerationn

The "reformed from being liquefied" thing may be a function of the machine instead of Gumball and Darwin's own ability, but the other feat for Gumball seems fine

Teleportation

Seems fine.

Immersion may also apply here

Possession

Limited resistance seems fine

Hypnosis

Seems fine at least for Darwin

Surviving without brai

Seems fine

I am fine with Andytrenom's conclusions.

So the Variable Tier is a no go, but I'll add the relevant abilities and shizz.

I suppose so. What do you think Andytrenom?

Okay. It should probably be fine to apply this then.

@Ant I'd prefer if you didn't. I would like to discuss the martial arts addition further.

iirc there's a really good speed feat where Gumball trims an entire lawn using only a pair of nail clippers clipping each individual blade of grass one at a time in the time it takes Mr. Robinson to turn his back to him

So about the Martial Arts addition.

The only thing Gumball and Darwin do in the given scene is take some martial stances and get completely outmaneuvered by Nicole.

This is not a display of Martial Arts expertise at all and unless there's another instance of them using martial arts, it should be removed.

Oh shoot, i forgot to get the clip lol

As for martial arts, they have SOME karate training but not a lot

For what? The martial arts thing? Its from the episode 'The Gi', where they take karate lessons. Also both Darwin and Gumball have participated in Street Fighter-esque brawls a few times throughout the series

@Andytrenom

I suppose that martial arts should be removed then.

@Ant Maybe not. If there are other things to justify martial arts than this one, I'm fine with it staying.

TBH Gumball as a whole needs major work, from what i remember of the series there's not even a third of what he's done on his profile and i havent watched the show in months so im really behind

Back