• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. But even if we use it, does this apply to other mid tiers? Because I recall a High 6-A+ feat from Anji after taken down part of a massive Gear or Gear plant

Hey, for those that don’t know, I kinda was one of the main people that got guilty gear downgraded in the first place. Which is one of the many reasons I stayed away from this site for so long (I felt bad I couldn’t look over this verse more, I had school, and a few of the other threads I made around that time ended embarrassingly). Though since the downgrades are being talked about like a distant memory I really don’t feel all the bad to come back and talk about guilty gear again on this site (it’s been around a year since I’ve been on this site so sorry for an explanation of why I’m here).

I just want to explain some of the reasons why the characters got downgraded, since it seems some have been forgotten.

Jack-O’s instant kill is quadrillions of times better than the very next feat, and the light speed feats are already very janky (the laser is 1 frame, I still don’t know why we let Sol scale to it). And Johnny’s can overwhelm people in a sea of his strikes so I’m still not sure if people should scale to his attack speed or not (the scene where he trapped Bedman in a sea of blades). Plus in the same scene he was stated to have SoL attacks the opponent says he couldn’t see them.

When it comes to 5-A, it’s consistent (low 1-C had its own problems). Ky was terrified of a moon crashing into him, Dizzy can destroy the world (though that’s support at best because we have no timeframe nor method), Sol’s back hole is apparently usable, according to staff, and they believe it’s likely low 5-B, and Justice, with a massive amp, preformed the 5-A feat.

I don’t think the attack being called a gamma Ray burst should automatically make it 4-B, especially since it only managed to vaporize Japan (I personally don’t really even agree with the 5-A end of the calc we currently use, but staff thought it was okay).

If I misunderstood parts of this thread, I’m sorry. I’m reading this at night, after taking sleeping medicine, while sick. So this definitely isn’t a great time for me to post.

I hope you all are having a good day/night. Hopefully nothing in this post comes off as disrespectful, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on this site and thus I’m a bit rusty when it comes to writing here.

Edit: Slayer’s feat has a few problems. It needs to be recalculated at the very least (it’s super old and from off site), it likely isn’t canon (I wanted to make a thread on instant kills earlier. We don’t count mk, killer instinct, nor blazeblue’s as canon despite them all having way more support than guilt gears), this site rarely accepts luminosity feats (many we used to accept have been nuked (like dnd’s)), and it’s likely an outlier. Though I’m not super against 4-B guilty gear.

I'm still surprised GG still has this massive of teir jumps
I’m going to bed right now, but which tier jumps. Everyone physically scales to 5-A right now, except for the true forms of a few characters, but those forms shoot low 1-C for everyone even more in the face.

Completely unrelated, and should probably say this tomorrow instead, but I don’t really get why Sol has time stop resistance. He moved in axl’s time stop, but as shown in strive Axl can control who moves and doesn’t move. Jack-o was time stopped by I-no with the same ability axl has. He proceeded to let her move. I’m pretty sure that was also implied in rev 2, he just didn’t time stop them.

I’m going to bed right now, but which tier jumps. Everyone physically scales to 5-A right now, except for the true forms of a few characters, but those forms shoot low 1-C for everyone even more in the face.
Most of the old revisions/calcs made over time.
Completely unrelated, and should probably say this tomorrow instead, but I don’t really get why Sol has time stop resistance. He moved in axl’s time stop, but as shown in strive Axl can control who moves and doesn’t move. Jack-o was time stopped by I-no with the same ability axl has. He proceeded to let her move. I’m pretty sure that was also implied in rev 2, he just didn’t time stop them.
Axl has more proficiency over his timeslip powers in strive than say in Xrd, also I-no in her God form gained a monstrous amount of layers in terms of resistance negation in terms of her time stop. Which can range from 7.6 billion from the nutty power bestowal freeing humanity from a handful of shalcking dualities including time but still neged everyone but axl.

But honestly I Don't care that much if people believe GG either could or couldn't even be that strong anymore. Cause GG doesn't have much of a crowd built up that's isn't either M.I.A, retired members, or people who just dropped making matches cause arch system work verses are kinda considered mid.

I’m surprised how the verse kinda just seemed to slowly poot out and die on this site. 5-A is a vastly better tier to make matches than low 1-C (seriously how many 1-Cs would unironically lose to someone like May, Johnny, or Chipp). And many people liked Strive, I still see videos on it all the time.

I’ll be back tomorrow to comment on what I think of the time stop resist, and I’ll probably make a very small thread to add non physical interaction to all the characters that are missing it (pretty unrelated to everything else, but that’s been bugging me hard for a month now).

In spite of my mix opinions about GG scaling here or anywhere else, I almost kinda regret ever making this thread

Yes Ive always thought that Sol being Universal nor Low Complex Multiversal as a physical was pretty iffy due to context, but as far as the recent scaling, I still find if off and pretty low regardless of this sites "standards" that's why I joined as a means to try to find a way to fix it

But in this case, I kinda doubt it's gonna happen because like Ikelaggan mentioned, most of the knowledgeable members are either retired, inactive or better yet, don't want any involvement in the verses downplay in some way shape or form

Minus all that, I have some IRL issues right now due to my father's passing a few days ago, so I don't want my mind to be be overwhelmed by topics that may seem controversial

I’ve made a revision to add non physical interaction to everyone. Since currently only the xx characters scale.

Edit: Sorry for the super low quality footage of the ghost getting punched. My switch recording feature isn’t working for some reason.

Also I decided to add stun to it, since it’s minor and I noticed Guilty Gear meets the requirements to have it as a power for the same reason SF, KI, and Red Earth have it.

I didn’t put this in the op of my revision thread, because I want to ask here: should Dizzy have a weakness against being stunned? She is specifically named after the status effect because she gets dizzy easily, and consistently has the lowest stun resistance in every game she shows up in.

Fellas question, idk shit about guilty gear lore but from my understanding the whole verse's powerscaling comes from justice blowing up Japan. Okay, but a quick google search tells me that "That Man had his team switch Justice over to manual override and fired a maximum output Gamma Ray at Japan".

It's made fairly clear that this Maximum Output Gamma Ray is Justice's most powerful attack and from what I've seen she doesn't use it in a regular fight. Therefore, why do we scale everybody else to this one attack that, to my knowledge, no one in the verse has actually tanked or survived being hit by?

I’m pretty sure everyone downscales from it by 50 times, since I think that was stated how much she was amped (and that’s the people who directly scale, everyone else just backscales by unknown degrees).

Though personally I’m very meh on that calc myself.

Guilty Gear is in a sad state of affairs
Trust me, I wish I could got back in time and tell myself I made a few bad assumptions on certain things cause I unfortunately had the blackhole punch literally misconstrued with how they calced it by the photon sphere which I wasn't knowledgeable on what that was at the time and I'll admit it was my fault for tainting the narrative on that feat.

Trust me, I wish I could got back in time and tell myself I made a few bad assumptions on certain things cause I unfortunately had the blackhole punch literally misconstrued with how they calced it by the photon sphere which I wasn't knowledgeable on what that was at the time and I'll admit it was my fault for tainting the narrative on that feat.
We all make mistakes, it happens to the best of us. But hopefully one day GG will go back to it's glory days in one way shape or form

okay I'm outta the loop why do you think this
Besides the whole "every character are equal", than there's the controversial opinions about exactly how powerful the verse is. While I didn't mind removing Low 1-C as a hax/environmental destruction (Unless only Sol, Ky and I-No has the exception. Possibly even Jack-O/Justice who possess the same power as Sol) however, it's the "down scale" that makes me put things into question

Because of this, several members while who were very knowledgeable didn't want to be part of the recent downgrade because it was downplay (Which I can understand where they're coming from) so that was a kick in the heel

Now before anyone gets on my case, I understand of not wanting to "wank" a verse, but downplay is no better either

But because of mix opinions here now and days, it's frustrating to even get the "right" idea on how strong Guilty Gear is, without having to all of a sudden "Oops! Made a boo boo!"

Hence why I think this

Low 1-C is through the clearest cut environmental destruction ever though. It’s specifically because of the seeds Sol and Eve (has referred to a few people) have that causes it. They don’t physically, nor magically, cause absolute world. Sol specifically doesn’t want to cause absolute world, it’s just an event that triggers.

Low 1-C is through the clearest cut environmental destruction ever though. It’s specifically because of the seeds Sol and Eve (has referred to a few people) have that causes it. They don’t physically, nor magically, cause absolute world. Sol specifically doesn’t want to cause absolute world, it’s just an event that triggers.
I can live with it being more of a "dosen't do it in character" type of thing cause the only small handful of with anything controllable in terms of anything low 1-C even if limited to hax is just axl, I-no, bedman, dahlia, and anyone using the tome of origin.

A side from gears, magic could use it's own page given how abstract "magic as information Manipulation" just sounds alone like your expected to know how it works.

I think the Backyard should also have Magic due to the Backyard is attuned with Magic (And Gears draw magic from the Backyard)

(1:17:22 for magic. 1:16:56 for manipulating law, reality and fate. )

As well as Law Manipulation, Reality Warping, Fate Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Dream Manipulation, and Dimensional Travel which is stemmed to the Backyard, a dimension of high density information that is connected to dreams, being able to alter the rules of reality in any way, manipulate fate, and increase power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back