• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss all things Guilty Gear

"Mankind knew that they could not change society

So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blame the beasts

Heaven or Hell"

Does ANYONE want to discuss things Guilty Gear, or did the hype train since the latest Strive update just die?

This is sad, I was hoping there be ppl who would at least WANT to discuss things Guilty Gear, but not ONE person? Has the downgrades been THAT bad that no one wants to at least make this verse relevant again?

Last edited:
Finally someone came alone lol

But yeah there was a downgrade to Guilty Gear some time ago removing the Low 1-C (Which I agree with) but for the most part, downgrade the cast to 5-A with Relativistic+ speeds

oh yeah weren't some of them low 2-C or something, now im just seeing all 5-A except sol badguy with a low 1-C thing

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having the top tier having their old scalings back at High 4-C due to Sol's black hole feat, but apparently that was being put into question. The only character who was flat out Low 1-C was Merge I-No

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having the top tier having their old scalings back at High 4-C due to Sol's black hole feat, but apparently that was being put into question. The only character who was flat out Low 1-C was Merge I-No
The only question they pondered is why it didn't the blackhole show up blacker.

Yeah it is weird that even without Jack-O's speed, that one could still be valid. As for the black hole punch, I haven't thought about that part about the black hole not been blacker

Yeah it is weird that even without Jack-O's speed, that one could still be valid. As for the black hole punch, I haven't thought about that part about the black hole not been blacker
The light distortion still formed a radius of where the Schwarzschild radius would be but they kept prodding on that they couldn't see the Schwarzschild radius.

The light distortion still formed a radius of where the Schwarzschild radius would be but they kept prodding on that they couldn't see the Schwarzschild radius.
Yeah I thought it was weird in spite being the most widely accepted scaling for GG back then

Tbh, guilty gear has kinda fallen off a cliff in popularity at least on Vsbw in terms of the verses threads.

I still have a bit of scorn for how recent CRTs went, somehow accepting a half statement that the source character's no even confident in saying at all, questioning the validity of IKs not being story prominent even though about 10+ mostly Xrd characters have nothing but IKs that aren't story prominent what so ever but we already doubled down super hard on putting them in the profiles for powers and abilities but the moment it's used for feats it's problematic.

Yeah I can understand what you mean. Things could've been a lot simpler if we took certain things with a grain of salt. I was even thinking that even if the black hole feat is no longer "valid" and only use the gamma ray potency, what if the lower-end was higher than "5-A"?

So High 5-A should've been the scaling. Though honestly, I would've prefer the 4-B one just for the sake of bringing 4 Tier GG lol

You know what the funny thing is, the low 1-C downgrade was mostly caused by low tier looking characters like may and bridget which is funny as all hell that strive threw bridget up in a fight against a dragon installed Ky.

Im probably speaking of the impossible, but we might as well try to revive the GG verse here. Besides correcting some scaling, I'm even curious of other kinds of powers, abilities and hax the verse even have

I maybe a BlazBlue guy, but Guilty Gear needs some fixing

I was trying to talk about I-no's abstract existence awhile back and conceptual Manipulation with the backyard but that didn't even get brought up in any CRT.

I was trying to talk about I-no's abstract existence awhile back and conceptual Manipulation with the backyard but that didn't even get brought up in any CRT.

What's the evidence for her to have Abstract Existence if I may ask?

What's the evidence for her to have Abstract Existence if I may ask?
Mankind's desire for a "better tomorrow" was concentrated into a single entity within the backyard and I-no is the living embodiment of a "better tomorrow". This concept was threatening to destroy the world so it had to be severed from the backyard but it was granted tremendous authority.

It just dawn on me, when Sol used his punch, was the black hole generated by Sol himself or had outside help? And if can be calced, does this scale to his base? It's been a while since I've watched the Xrd Sign story mode, so just wanted some clarification

It just dawn on me, when Sol used his punch, was the black hole generated by Sol himself or had outside help? And if can be calced, does this scale to his base? It's been a while since I've watched the Xrd Sign story mode, so just wanted some clarification

It was asuka who made the blackhole but sol's fist is the only thing with enough energy to force it through the barrier.

Hmm, would it still count as a feat? Or is it a hax?
It really depends on which line in the sand you wanna draw on all magic being hax or some being the exception to the rule since punching raw information has been a thing since the start of overture.

It just dawned on me, if we're gonna use Justice's Gamma Ray as a replacer for the black hole punch, and if Justice's Gamma Ray is a literal Gamma Ray, than it should be flat out 4-B with the speed being Relativistic+ up to Speed of Light, if not Speed of Light for the gamma ray radiation

I'm trying to get Robo-Ky into an equalized stats tourney, and the current roadblock to that is his apparent reactive evolution. Is that something he actually has or is it just an interpretation of the Guts mechanic, or what?

I'm trying to get Robo-Ky into an equalized stats tourney, and the current roadblock to that is his apparent reactive evolution. Is that something he actually has or is it just an interpretation of the Guts mechanic, or what?
I sorta put it in the same boat as nago blood rage or raven's pain meter, it's definitely something he "can" do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back