• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guide to Basic Rendering

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I sort of doubt that the majority of you guys are aware of this, but I've written a guide to basic rendering for all of you interested in helping out with images and rendering issues.

You can check it out here.

Even if you don't want to be an Image Helper, following the steps in the guide should allow you to do a few of your own renders in just a few minutes (if not seconds), circumventing the need to wait for the Image Helpers on the Official Render Request Thread to do it for you. Of course, if it's turning out to be especially tricky, you can always post it there anyway.

If you have any thoughts, concerns, critiques, or questions, feel free to post them here or on my Message Wall.

Oh you made one? OMG, it would have helped a lot for me a long time ago. Then again....my lack of asking is what done me in for things like not doing this. ;-;

But even then, thanks for bringing this up.

I made it a few days ago and we only really talked about it on Staff Discussion, so I'm not surprised that you didn't see it. Nevertheless, I certainly hope it helps.

At least i don't have to use photoshop for this....and the asking part like i said so reminds me of my flaw on that. ;-;

@Skodwarde

Sometimes the eraser tool is better, since you can actually tell where and how it's going to affect the final outlook (and don't delete the entire image when have a really dark background). Unfortunately, they can't be used together due to the way that these rendering programs work.

The instructions I wrote are intended to quickly and easily render images with simple backgrounds without too many special effects.

@Pete

I don't use the eraser much anymore since it can sometimes result in fuzzy edges if you're not careful.

I think that I added a link to the page in the help section of the front page, a few days ago.

@Ant

I'm well aware, but given the fact that the Official Render Request Thread continues to get the super-easy 3-click Renders, I'm not sure if people are seeing it is all.

I apologize if this was a poor tread to highlight.

No, it is no problem. I can add a link to the page into the render thread as well.

Back