• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GT1 new character CRT

Maidono Hoshimi

Tier: 10-B physically, High 7-C with telekinesis

Name:
Maidono Hoshimi, Girl in the Santa Outfit.

Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index

Classification: Esper

Powers and Abilities: Telekinesis, Limited Stealth Mastery and Limited Air Manipulation.

Attack Potency: Normal Human physically, Large Town Level with telekinesis (Can Crush a 50 story building to a size of a soft ball, Calc ).

Speed: Normal Human

Lifting Strength:
Normal Human, Class G with telekinesis (Can lift up to 100,000 tons).

Striking Strength: Normal Human

Durability:
Normal Human

Stamina:
Normal

Range:
Melee range, at least 100 Meters with Telekinesis (Can summon an underground train)

Standard Equipment: electronically-controlled rope and a thin knife.

Intelligence: High, as a Level 4 esper her intelligence is on the level of a genius or a supercomputer.

Weaknesses: Her telekinesis doesn't work on living beings such as humans and animals and can only affect in-animate objects. She can only use her telekinesis with her index fingers.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

I left a couple blank since I'm not sure what to put for those but let me know if anyone disagrees with something or I might have missed something or made a mistake.

I don't think the durability rating with telekinesis makes sense. She can't create forcefields are anything like that.

Sure, she can use an attack of her own to cancel an opponents attack, but that isn't really a durability thing.

I'm also sceptical about her reaction speed stat. Which exchange is that based on? Given her fighting skill aim dodging (/reacting) is a real possibility.

I'm pretty sure her compression of a 50 story building to the size of a softball will probably result in a rating above High 8-C. I just need to figure out how I want to calc that.

I was a bit unsure about the durability part with Telekinesis myself. I will delete that part since you are right, it's not a durability feat really.

She can only slightly alter a vector value. She can't alter vector values completely though. I could add in very limited Vector Manipulation but it's extremely limited. It seems pointless though but I will see what everyone else thinks on this.

The vector bit sounds like a fancy way to describe a different use of her telekinesis to me. I don't think she really has vector manipulation. Like, when you describe movement of something with a vector changing its movement by telekinetic means is technically altering its vector.

Considering that her power is Telekinesis it wouldn't really make sense for her to do vector manipulation to start with.

"She could indicate the same target with both fingers.

By pulling the fingers apart, she could tear the target apart. By pushing them together, she could compress it. But by shifting the points of force a bit out of alignment, she could provide rotation. Her power would be dangerous enough if she could only set a target with her fingertip and indicate movements with a flicking motion, but by using both hands, she could also alter the vector."

Note that bit is emphasized in the text. It's most likely expanding on her uses with both fingers though.

-

Regarding speed, maybe u could get reactions from this?

"How should I spend my Christmas Eve?" (I really want to get this all done with by 7 tonight. My school life might be built on lies, but I have made some promises. I do want to cut up those donuts with cheap plastic forks so we can all share them together.) Light flashed up in the sky. She could not avoid lightning by starting to run after seeing the light. Or she shouldn't have been able to. But she was even humming as she slammed the heel of her boot against the side of the cleaning robot she was riding, causing a malfunction in the robot's obstacle avoidance routine and making it move to the side. It only moved the length of a single human step to the side, but that was enough to cause an unnatural change in the lightning dropping vertically toward her. It instead split apart a Christmas tree located nearby. To intentionally use the tree as a lightning rod, she only had to picture a right triangle formed by the ground, the top of the tree, and her own position and adjust the angles to work out a safe distance for herself.

gain it's "with her finger" not " in her finger" she use the finger like a lasloo to pick up stuff with her telekinesis

she has to use her finger to give movement to stuff

Malox

Stop being so picky, Either way works. I mean you have to nitpick the one thing that really doesn't matter.

not her power is not in the index finger , she has nothing in the index finger, she has to use the index finger to create a medium for her power (like a controller) very tdifferent things

You really are being nitpicky about this? One it's only a CRT these types of things can be fixed later. Two like I said it doesn't matter either way. Only you seem to have a problem with the wording which again can easily be changed by yourself when the new profile up.

Now do you actually have any problems that are actually important? Something I might have missed or a mistake I might have made in any of the stats?

I gave the reasons above. Read the CRT. If you disagree explain your reasons why and what Stamina stat she should have.

well 1 she never really fought misaka , and touma fight ended witha 1 shoot and really fast, her stamina should be normal

for speed she never reacted to mikoto railgun

I agree in that case. Changed Stamina from high to normal. I will re-read the Maidono vs Misaka fight now. If the railgun thing is true then she still reacted to Misaka's lightning strikes that she produces from the bangs which is actually MHS+

I have also added in some equipment.

You were right so I will delete the railgun part. Although I'm a bit unsure about her speed in geneal. While she was able to react to her ligtning strikes, it was more because she put precautions in place.

Again I will get others input on this.

I have decided to leave out the reaction speed for now until others on here have given their own input and what it should be.

She did react to Misaka's lightning strikes but it was only because she set precautions in place. In fact she did admit that she wouldn't have been able to react to it without those precautions in place.

So I would say she most likely has at least Normal human reactions speed and at the very most peak human reaction speed. But like I said I will get everyone else's thoughts on the reaction speed.

Like DontTalkDT said, I think the quote about compressing the building would likely be the best bet for her full power. Other than that there's not much to say, she gave us her maximum telekinetic lifting strength and due to her mostly stationary fighting style she didn't get speed feats beyond that lightning strike thing, which I agree sounds more like she was near the tree in advance so she only had to move a step to adjust her position when she realized lightning was going to strike in order to use the tree as a lightning rod.

Thanks DT. Shall I put High 7-C above anyway or wait until the calc gets accepted?

So she's basically after Accelerator and Rensa then.

If Maidono does get accepted as High 7-C then the list would go as follow

Accelerator

Rensa

Maidono

Kakine

Mikoto

Gunha

Mugino

Misaki

Changed the Tier and AP status in the OP but put a note to say that calc still needs to be accepted. Yeah Mugino has got the short end of the stick.

I mean Mikoto herself stated that Maidono was stronger than her in terms of raw output, and the novel mentions her ability is probably the strongest in Academy City in terms of producing force out of nothing, so her being above Mikoto fits what Kamachi intended to portray. Combine that with the general lack of big feats for Kakine and Gunha and I'm not surprised by her position in that list.

I think she was only talking in terms of those with telekinesis. Of course her power output is nowhere near that of Accelerator's. It was even said he could have dealt with her in less then a second.

But yeah, I think if Gunha and Kakine were given more feats they would be above her but they just lack those feats. Hopefully we'll get more feats on both now that Kakine has his own manga and Gunha might appear again in AB.

Then again Kakine's power has never been about raw power so even with feats his tier might not change. The level 5 order has never been about power order anyway. I;m more hopeful on more AP feats for Gunha if he should appear again.

Mugino is sort of an anomaly in a way because let's say it does go by what Maidono says in GT1, which is that the Board of Directors or Scientists themselves choose who becomes level 5 due to their scientific value and versatility. However Misaki should have been above Mugino in this case since her power has a lot of possible applications and it's generally quite versatile as it is.

Gunha is also versatile from what we have seen of course he's the true anomaly in the group since he's only really there because they don't know where else to put him.

My guess is that Mugino is a Level 5 due to a combination of being powerful and of scientific interest.

Different than Misaki and Maidono her ability produces a "material" that breaks the laws of physics, which is probably more interesting to scientists.

Though the ranking of the level 5 is ultimately up to Aleister, which is why the top 3 are where they are. Who knows if he had a reason for the placement of the rest.

Maidono is actually a level 4. Her power is a level 4 but her power output is level 5.

I do have a question though. I put Air Manipulation as one of her powers and abilities but should I put limited Air Manipulation instead since I don't think she can truly manipulate the air only use it to as a downward force to attack someone.

Yeah, it's sort of weird why Mugino became a level 5. I guess having an ability that spits in the face of quantum mechanics and turns most it's targets to ash is a sure way to get it.

It wasn't that weird before but since the introduction of Maidono it now does seem a little weird.Although Mugino being a level 5 could also be down to Aleister needing a backup for Mikoto.

After Maidono's CRT is done, I might do a Maidono vs. Accelerator battle. It might be quite fun.

I just want to see how Maidono does, after all she is now the most powerful person on the science side.

Despite Maidono being so powerful, I still see her loose to all level 5 at least 50% of the time. Which is pretty fitting.

At least now we know who would win that level 4 battle royal.

That;s still a 50% chance she would still defeat Accelerator though. It's a good 50/50 battle.

Yeah, Maidono has all other level 4's beat. Although Kuroko and Awaki could theoretically give her some trouble since for all intents and purposes she is a glass canon.

There's a 0% chance of her being able to defeat Accelerator. Not only is her power incapable of affecting humans directly, but it'd require tossing something into him or compressing something around him.

Not really happening.

Back