• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GT1 new character CRT

@Accelerate420

I guess you're right. I just thought it might be a good match up since she's now probably the most powerful esper.

Okay I have changed Air Manipulation to Limited Air Manipulation if anyone has any rejections let me know and I will change it back if reasons make sense.

And also has the calc been accepted yet?

I trust DontTalkDT's and LazyHunter's senses of judgement.

Scrlk666777 said:
@Accelerate420
I guess you're right. I just thought it might be a good match up since she's now probably the most powerful esper.

Okay I have changed Air Manipulation to Limited Air Manipulation if anyone has any rejections let me know and I will change it back if reasons make sense.

And also has the calc been accepted yet?
She definitely is nowhere near the most powerful Esper. most of the Level 5's exceed her in pure versatiltiy and in a straight fight, even Misaki could defeat her. She just has impressive TK weight limit but she's by no means 'the most powerful'.

Any Level 5 match up between her and a Level 5 that isn't Mugino would end poorly for her. And Misaki depending on the context. Gunha would probably just punch everything and even Kakine could just fold his wings and ram himself into her before she can blink, or even alter the energy physics of her TK.

I think you're overestimating her but she's definitely impressive for an Esper not officially labeled as Level 5.

Depends. I doubt Maidono is dodging 20 beams to the face at her speed.

Basically how I feel, plus one hit from any of those is almost guaranteed instant death for her.

@LazyHunter & DontTalkDT

So what do we need to do here?

Accelerate420

Yeah you're right. Thinking on it she probably wouldn't beat any of the level 5s unless she has some serious preperation like she did with Misaka. The thing is despite being someone who can use telekinesis she seriously limited. She can't use her telekinesis on living things which is a huge downside to her powers. She also can't use her powers to do things like fly which again is a huge downfall for her powers.

Also I don't know why I was saying she is the most powerful since she's only H7C while Accelerator is 5-B so there's a huge gulf in power there.

@Antvasima

If the calc for her AP is accepted, then I think the only point of contention might be the lightning thing if someone wants to use it to argue for her reactions. I agree with the current stats.

Okay. Thanks. I trust your sense of judgement regarding To Aru.

I just checked and it looks like the calc has been accepted. So I have added the calc to the AP selection.

So it's only reacting to the lightning thing now. Personally I think her speed probably should remain at Normal human.

"She could not avoid lightning by starting to run after seeing the light. Or she shouldn't have been able to. But she was even humming as she slammed the heel of her boot against the side of the cleaning robot she was riding, causing a malfunction in the robot's obstacle avoidance routine and making it move to the side. It only moved the length of a single human step to the side, but that was enough to cause an unnatural change in the lightning dropping vertically toward her. It instead split apart a Christmas tree located nearby. To intentionally use the tree as a lightning rod, she only had to picture a right triangle formed by the ground, the top of the tree, and her own position and adjust the angles to work out a safe distance for herself."

Even seeing the lightning comimng it seemed she couldn't dodge with needing some precautions out in place. Another thing I just noticed after reading the fight again is that she never used her telekinesis on Misaka's attacks which makes me think that she can't.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on her speed?

I don't think reaction with prep time are a thing, so maybe just add an "at least"? She didn't avoid it completely on her own, but she did react to it after seeing the lightning, which is still a reaction feat, but she couldn't avoid it without having prepared something before. Do you get what i mean?

Should Maidono have something like minor Stealth Mastery, for her ability to blend into the background and disguising herself?

@DTDT

That is probably fine.

My problem with the entire speed feat is, that the cleaning robot would need to be really fast for that to work. Those things usually are rather slow.

I guess possibly higher reactions or something is reasonable, though.

Maybe "normal human speed, much higher perception speed (can't avoid lightning on her own, but is able perceive and avoid them with some preparations)?

@DT

Looks good but I personally would have put limited air manipulation since it only seems she can use the air to create a downward force.

But either way everything looks fine to me.

She can use her telekinesis on air as much as she can use it on everything else, so I don't think she needs limited.

Honestly, I'm unsure if we should list air manipulation at all. She can use her telekinesis on earth, plants and water as well, but listing manipulation of everything she can use telekinesis on seems unnecessary.

Did she use her telekinesis on earth, plants and water? I must have missed that part.

What I mean is that while she can use it on air as much as she likes but she hasn't been shown to manipulate the air in creating things like tornados or using it to fly etc. etc. etc.

Buildings and the ground are made out of earth and she used it on a tree... so yes, technically she has used it on plants and earth. And pretty sure she can use telekinesis on water, given that she isn't limited to solids.

Many air manipulators haven't done either of these things. She may be rather unskilled compared to an average air manipulator, but I do not think to the point that it requires a limited.

It seems like you have reached an agreement then.

That doesn't surprise me if that is true since it was stated that Maidono can't use her telekinesis on living things and plants are living things. So I do have my doubts she would be able to use her power on plants and trees unless they are already dead.

There's also the fact that it seems like she couldn't use her powers on Misaka's electricty as her using her telekinesis to stop her attack would have most likely been the best way to deal with Misaka's lightning instead of using the cleaning robot and the christmas tree.

So should the agreement be applied?

Scrlk666777 said:
That doesn't surprise me if that is true since it was stated that Maidono can't use her telekinesis on living things and plants are living things. So I do have my doubts she would be able to use her power on plants and trees unless they are already dead.

There's also the fact that it seems like she couldn't use her powers on Misaka's electricty as her using her telekinesis to stop her attack would have most likely been the best way to deal with Misaka's lightning instead of using the cleaning robot and the christmas tree.
Like the narration said, she can't avoid lightning after seeing the light, so i think she wouldn't be able to do all the calcs her power needs in that time frame.

That doesn't make any sense. If she can get off a cleaning robot and step aside after seeing the light, she should be able to simply flick her finger at the lightning. Also it said she can't outrun lightning.

"Light flashed up in the sky.She could not avoid lightning by starting to run after seeing the light."

So it had nothing to do with calculation ability it's just simply that she can't outrun lightning by normal means. She can however cause it to divert by using the countermeasures she put in place.

So that still doesn't explain how she was not able to use her telekinesis on the lightning when that would have been the simplist method of avoiding it.

Back