• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Green Arrow (CW) vs Gojo Satoru (JJK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which versions of these characters are we using, because all options here are a mismatch. Arrow's first two keys have nothing to get past infinity and his third key is a 2-A reality warper with universe+ feats. Is there something I'm missing here? (I don't know anything about Oliver aside from what I can see on his profile)

Infinity is perception-based (for Gojo) is it not?
Nope, Gojo's neutral infinity 'barrier' is always active and has automatic targeting for fast moving objects like bullets, arrows or punches. The only ways to get around the barrier is to powernull it, use mind/soul hax or hit with some kind of conceptual shit or 'nonexistent' attacks
We’re using his base, so first key.
I'm assuming that everything he has here are physical attacks and therefore wouldn't work

Nope, Gojo's neutral infinity 'barrier' is always active and has automatic targeting for fast moving objects like bullets, arrows or punches. The only ways to get around the barrier is to powernull it, use mind/soul hax or hit with some kind of conceptual shit or 'nonexistent' attacks
I see.
I'm assuming that everything he has here are physical attacks and therefore wouldn't work
His prep time can grant him a bit more than that.

Gojo is incredibly outdated and it is best you do not make matches with him.

His tier, powers, and speed are all subject to change.

That being said how does Arrow bypass the infinite distance barrier?

Portals and magic, for starters.
What are the details for this magic? Gojo is capable of blocking energy attacks with his barrier, so unless this magic has hax, it might not make it through the barrier.

I know that Gojo's profile is incomplete but I am still interested in discussing this interaction with his infinity at the very least.

What are the details for this magic? Gojo is capable of blocking energy attacks with his barrier, so unless this magic has hax, it might not make it through the barrier.

I know that Gojo's profile is incomplete but I am still interested in discussing this interaction with his infinity at the very least.
Oliver can use light magic to power null Damien Darkh’s dark magic

Oliver can use light magic to power null Damien Darkh’s dark magic
Sounds like an elemental thing going on, not something that would nullify all energies/power systems.

About portals, how does Arrow usually use them? Because unless they are being spawned right on top of Gojo's position it is likely useless.

At the same time, what are Arrow's answers to being destroyed by Red or Blue on the atomic level? Or being erased completely by Purple.

And Unlimited Void which can subject the mind to infinite information and is undodgeable.

Sounds like an elemental thing going on, not something that would nullify all energies/power systems.
Can cursed energy be verse equalized to dark magic?
About portals, how does Arrow usually use them? Because unless they are being spawned right on top of Gojo's position it is likely useless.
Usually for non-combat scenarios, Oliver should be able to figure out that they can be used offensively though (the event horizon can rip things apart).
At the same time, what are Arrow's answers to being destroyed by Red or Blue on the atomic level? Or being erased completely by Purple.
Maybe Velocity X for the former, no specific counter for the latter. Oliver is faster though.
And Unlimited Void which can subject the mind to infinite information and is undodgeable.
Velocity X to stave it off

Last edited:
Can cursed energy be verse equalized to dark magic?
No. Cursed energy is a broad as any magic or energy system, so equalizing it to a specific magical element seems weird.

Usually for non-combat scenarios, Oliver should be able to figure out that they can be used offensively though (the event horizon can rip things apart).
If he's never done this before I am going to say it is incredibly unlikely, then.

Velocity X for the former, no specific counter for the latter. Oliver is faster though.
What is Velocity X?

No. Cursed energy is a broad as any magic or energy system, so equalizing it to a specific magical element seems weird.
Ok
If he's never done this before I am going to say it is incredibly unlikely, then.
Oliver is basically the best tactician in hundreds of universes and the multiverse’s best hope of stopping Crisis on Infinite Earths, he’ll do it if this is his best option.
What is Velocity X?
Speed Force drug

Last edited:
Ok

Oliver is basically the best tactician in hundreds of universes and the multiverse’s best hope of stopping Crisis on Infinite Earths, he’ll do it if this is his best option.

Speed Force drug
How exactly does speed force prevent him getting sucked in by Blue. It's basically like a pseudo-black hole force.

And Unlimited Void is an AOE pocket reality BFR type thing.

How exactly does speed force prevent him getting sucked in by Blue. It's basically like a pseudo-black hole force.
“The Speed Force is 10 times stronger than any gravimetric force” ~Cisco, moments before Barry jumps into a black hole.

Granted the Arrowverse wiki page does say people don’t get a speed force aura from Velocity X, which is weird and I’m not sure where that comes from.
And Unlimited Void is an AOE pocket reality BFR type thing.
So portals or just use speed to get out?

“The Speed Force is 10 times stronger than any gravimetric force” ~Cisco, moments before Barry jumps into a black hole.

Granted the Arrowverse wiki page does say people don’t get a speed force aura from Velocity X, which is weird and I’m not sure where that comes from.
Blue has nothing to do with gravity. It's just a force of attraction that acts similar to something like a black hole.

Uh, no? I don't really think you can just dodge a domain expansion. It's essentially instantaneous and just takes effect on the target.

Blue has nothing to do with gravity. It's just a force of attraction that acts similar to something like a black hole.
Doesn’t that just make it worse than a black hole?
Uh, no? I don't really think you can just dodge a domain expansion. It's essentially instantaneous and just takes effect on the target.
Barry can survive infinite different brainwaves being inside of his body (and still act) while using only a very small amount of Speed Force. If Velocity X-amped Oliver gets BFR’d he’d be able to act and escape.

Doesn’t that just make it worse than a black hole?
Ehhh it's just different. It's more similar to a magnetic force imo.

It's an imaginary force of attraction that pulls space, to be exact. It sucks things in and can basically neg durability by ripping shit to shreds via that force.

Barry can survive infinite different brainwaves being inside of his body (and still act) while using only a very small amount of Speed Force. If Velocity X-amped Oliver gets BFR’d he’d be able to act and escape.
That's completely different than having your brain attacked by infinite information.

Also, Domain Expansion disables all techniques. So once you're in it you can't do anything.

And everything Gojo does inside of the Domain is auto-hit.

Neither of these characters seem to be massively outspeeding the other (Though JJK speed is a bit dodgy) and Gojo can open his domain in 0.1 seconds. Even Sukuna, who might be the closest to Gojo in power in their verse, was unable to stop Infinite Void since he had a 0.2 second reaction time. DE also powernulls, meaning that Arrow would have to rely on physical abilities and not magic if he were to try and escape. The shell of a domain is impossible to penetrate from the inside and Gojo can easily teleport into melee range then cast it, so there is no mundane way for him to escape DE

Oliver's profile shows no resistances to mind manip, perception manip or paralysis inducement, which is how Unlimited Void works.

and Gojo can open his domain in 0.1 seconds
To clarify, the difference between Gojo and Sukuna was actually 0.01 seconds, not even 0.1, lol.

So yeah, unless he reacts PERFECTLY within 0.01 seconds, he's ******.

Ehhh it's just different. It's more similar to a magnetic force imo.

It's an imaginary force of attraction that pulls space, to be exact. It sucks things in and can basically neg durability by ripping shit to shreds via that force.
Hmm that might be a problem.
That's completely different than having your brain attacked by infinite information.
It isn’t, Barry eventually succumbed to the quantity of information.
Also, Domain Expansion disables all techniques. So once you're in it you can't do anything.
Prove it can null Speed Force.
And everything Gojo does inside of the Domain is auto-hit.
Phasing
Arrow would have to rely on physical abilities and not magic if he were to try and escape
The portals are tech-based and SF-based.
The shell of a domain is impossible to penetrate from the inside
Phasing?
Oliver's profile shows no resistances to mind manip, perception manip or paralysis inducement, which is how Unlimited Void works.
It doesn’t bring up Velocity X either since he can only acquire that with prep time. Barry’s profile is more accurate for a Velocity X-amped Oliver.
So yeah, unless he reacts PERFECTLY within 0.01 seconds, he's ******.
That’s kind of his shtick, he’s at his best when 10 rifles are aimed at him.

It is. From the way you described it those are his own brainwaves.

In the Domain he would be attacked by foreign infinite information about everything that would make him immediately unfunctional and paralyzed.

And without resistances, I am even less inclined to believe he resist it.

What exactly must I prove here.

Domain Expansions nullify all of the target's techniques. That's how they work. Under verse equalization that means Speed Force is gone.

It's nulled.

Even then, phasing isn't a good way to just ignore spatial hax. You still have a physical existence when phasing, you're just vibrating. Gojo's hax all work at the atomic level so it's not really a good counter.

He still gets auto-hit and destroyed even if he manages to not get immediately paralyzed by Unlimited Void.

None of his techniques can do anything to him if he is stunned in Unlimited Void. Show me proof on the profile that Oliver can resist mind manip, perception manip or paralysis inducement and then we can talk about how he could theoretically escape.
sdsdsds.JPG

If his opponent is far away, he uses it to attack by going directly to him. Sends a frontal attack while passing through the portal. and catches the opponent off guard as they parry it.
Has resistance to black hole manipulation and void manipulation if he uses his velocity power

In the Domain he would be attacked by foreign infinite information about everything that would make him immediately unfunctional and paralyzed.

How exactly does this work?

Domain Expansions nullify all of the target's techniques. That's how they work. Under verse equalization that means Speed Force is gone.
Speed Force can't go. That force of nature is not a technique. Just as gravity, time, and force cannot go.

Does this technique affect forces from physiology?
Even then, phasing isn't a good way to just ignore spatial hax. You still have a physical existence when phasing, you're just vibrating. Gojo's hax all work at the atomic level so it's not really a good counter.
It can evade this attack by phasing out at a different frequency from the universe. He can also escape this attack by taking himself out of space-time, or simply time travel to the moment when the attack ends.

Hey before we continue just note none of the stuff you guys are even bringing up right now are on the profile and thus they can't be used to debate this match.

Hey before we continue just note none of the stuff you guys are even bringing up right now are on the profile and thus they can't be used to debate this match.
Yes I know but I am answering according to greenshifter's assumptions and you have answered against those assumptions

Anyway, oliver didn't use the default stuff in these assumptions (except for a few things) so it would be silly to use them.

And having prep time doesn't change a thing. Clearly the gojo wins. There is nothing Oliver can do.

It is. From the way you described it those are his own brainwaves.

It’s infinite foreign brainwaves

Why is SF verse equalized to Cursed energy, they’re not even similar? If that’s the case Oliver can just disable the Gojo’s powers by setting up meta-human dampeners around the battlefield.

He still gets auto-hit and destroyed even if he manages to not get immediately paralyzed by Unlimited Void.
That’s fair Ig.
None of his techniques can do anything to him if he is stunned in Unlimited Void. Show me proof on the profile that Oliver can resist mind manip, perception manip or paralysis inducement and then we can talk about how he could theoretically escape.
The infinite brainwaves thing should cover

Also him disabling all techniques works on cursed energy users, not necessarily Speed Force users also “all techniques” is just NLF, what has it been shown to null?
So we can’t match Batman with prep-time matches? Idrc tbh, rather have an accurate fight which can’t be added to the page than a non-accurate fight because “muh the page doesn’t show everything in the verse that could potentially be used with prep time”.
Anyway, oliver didn't use the default stuff in these assumptions (except for a few things) so it would be silly to use them.
You know how strategic Oliver is, when he deals with other power sources then he makes sure to have a way to counter them.
There is nothing Oliver can do.
Literally just flash him with the memory eraser lol

It’s infinite foreign brainwaves
Again I don't really think that's comparable. Gojo's ability forces infinite type 1 information into your brain that forces you into a paralyzed state and can kill in under a second.

Also him disabling all techniques works on cursed energy users, not necessarily Speed Force users also “all techniques” is just NLF, what has it been shown to null?
Domain's can null basically everything in the verse. Includes a lot of shit.

Why is SF verse equalized to Cursed energy, they’re not even similar? If that’s the case Oliver can just disable the Gojo’s powers by setting up meta-human dampeners around the battlefield.
Gojo is resistant to power nullification and even then his limitless would just prevent him from being affected by whatever that is.

Isn't speed force just a supernatural energy? How is it that different?

Speed Force is not supernatural energy. Speed Force is force of nature. It is a core part of the multiverse and a conscious force that governs the multiverse. Time is a universal force, like forces that are universal like gravity. And its absence causes the destruction of the multiverse, it is also an extra-dimensional structure.

Again I don't really think that's comparable. Gojo's ability forces infinite type 1 information into your brain that forces you into a paralyzed state and can kill in under a second.
It literally it, it works the same way in the Arrowverse for anyone who isn’t Harrison Wells.
Domain's can null basically everything in the verse. Includes a lot of shit.
Does that include forces of the universe?
Gojo is resistant to power nullification and even then his limitless would just prevent him from being affected by whatever that is.
Barry is resistant too yet power dampeners can still bypass it.
It’s a force of nature
He hasn't dealt with someone with that much hax though.
He literally shot Monitor and dealt with Barry before.
The difference is one is hypothetical and the other is fact, and he knows how to use his powers in the elseworld version.
He still has that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back