• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Great Spirit Teridax vs Bec Noir

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
The Makuta of Metru Nui versus The Sovereign Slayer. Both at their best, obviously.

Victory by death. Speed equalized. Neutral battleground.

Both in-character, although Jack won't use the Red Miles. Random encounter with no prep time.

Teridax: 1

Jack: 0

Aw man, I remember seeing Bionicle a lot a few years ago, hard to believe I didn't consider making profiles.

However, does this fight take place in the Matoran Universe or on a neutral battleground?

Regardless though, I can't really see how Bec would kill Teridax seeing as he possesses Low-Godly Regenerationn, has intangibility and is Non-Corporeal. And with his mind hax, illness inducement and possession, I'm rather heavily leaning towards the Makuta of Metru Nui myself.

Neutral battleground. I'll update the first post with that.

Bumping again.

Honestly, this is probably a stomp for Jack. Even against Makuta's planet-size form, Jack has the power of the Green Sun (power source consisting of roughly twice the mass-energy of the universe), has been shown to be able to shatter planets with a single gesture, and killed an entire multiverse (yes it looks like a frog, it's complicated xD), as shown here(~45 seconds in):
Homestuck - Cascade
Homestuck - Cascade

The Great Spirit is pretty friggin powerful, but Jack's powers are just on a greater scope honestly. He can teleport anywhere his powers reach in an instant, and unleash a planet shattering explosion just as fast. I don't see how he loses this one.

I'm well aware of Jack's feats, given that I've read all of Homestuck. Bear in mind, Teridax is also a Universal+ being, and that Jack only ever uses the Red Miles to destroy en masse, when he's bored, or when he's freaking out. Teridax is not going to give him the chance.

Teridax has mind hax (which Jack likely does not have significant resistance to, considering Tavros can take control of Bec and Vriska can take control of Dersites pretty easily. Granted, they couldn't take control of him, but neither of them have amazing mind control feats anyways, beyond range). Really good mind hax. He also cancelled out another universal being's teleportation. Also, you know, all of the other hax he has. Like stasis (Jack couldn't move at all when a vastly weaker Aradia stopped him), atomic destruction, power absorption, and density control.

He's also much, much smarter. Jack is not good when it comes to long term planning. Or short term planning. Or planning in general. His first, second, and third go-to options are all brute force murder. The plans Jack does pull off (like escaping into the Troll's session) are only due to circumstantial game construct / first guardian knowledge helping him out. Teridax is not something he'd know or understand.

I feel like being attacked by a god the size of a planet would cause pretty much anyone to freak out. At that point, who wouldn't go all out? And he doesn't need the red miles, although they would be supurb here, since they were used to kill another universe-holding-planet-sized-creature (Billious Slick) very easily. When he destroyed prospit, he used the Green Sun's power alone, and almost instantly reduced it to less than even rubble, and that wasn't even his limit. His vessel may have powerful resistance and regen, but it's still 'only' planet size, and Jack literally shatters those for fun...

Plus, when Condence mind controlled Jane, she visibly needed both the animal and human versions to gain control, since she was part Bec. Since animal control is one of the few powers Makuta actually doesn't have, plus with how complex Jack really is (he WAS prototyped with three other sprites along with Bec, and biologically he's so alien to anything in their universe) i'm not sure mind control would really work.

Also, just due to the scale difference, i'm not sure Makuta would even consider him a threat until it's too late. I mean, he's literally like 2 meters tall, and his power source isn't actually inside him, it's buried in the furthest ring, so it's not like he would be alarming either way. Most of Makuta's attacks require relative proximity and/or knowledge of the target's location, and Jack has been shown to teleport all over the place when in a fight. Anyway, one of Makuta's greatest faults is underestimating his opponents (seriously, it's like the only way he ever goes down), so why would he get scared at a tiny dog-man coming at him with a tiny sword? Jack may resort to brute-force murder, but that's exactly what he needs here. Jack has the power and motive to just teleport up close and annihilate him before he has a chance to respond, honestly.

Yeah, he destroyed Prospit with the Red Miles because he was too lazy to go through the rest. Just like he did with Derse. And, again, that means nothing. Teridax may be planet-sized, but he has UNIVERSAL DURABILITY (you may argue that Teridax's durability is low, due to getting his head crushed by a piece of a planet. To that, I say PIS).

And also, no. Jack is not going to freak out. Jack actually enjoys good fights, and is just as suicidally overconfident as Teridax. Actually, he's worse. He went out of his way to kill everyone but Vriska JUST to make sure she'd be as good of a fight as possible. He killed John first instead of Rose so that he could have a better fight with her. If anything, Jack is going to humor Teridax. Which will get him killed.

Tren Krom is considerably more alien than Jack (considering the only description there is of him is 'organic, red, and tentacles'), and someone with weaker mental powers than Teridax stomped him mentally.

You're right in that Teridax is suicidally overconfident. But if he just, you know, reads his mind, which is a thing he can definitely do, he'll be able to see that Jack is a bigger threat. So he'll kill him. And again, Teridax was able to stop a universal being's teleportation. And he can also teleport.

The Great Spirit Robot is not physically immortal, it can regenerate, is ageless, is strong as hell, and has a crapton of other advantages, but can still be destroyed. If it was unconditionally immortal (which it obviously isn't), it by definition couldn't loose a fight, and therefore would violate the rules.

It comes down to if Makuta can mind control him. If he can, Makuta wins, easy. If he can't, then I think Jack has it pretty easy. Again, for Homestuck characters, the type of mind control is still vital, to the point strength doesn't seem to override it. Vriska couldn't control GCat or Jack even slightly, and the friggin Condence still needed animal control to control Jane. Normal mind control isn't good enough, and Makuta doesn't have any animal control power.

And it's not that Jack wouldn't waste time fighting it normally, it's that he can't. His sword and such are literally useless. His only real attacks that would be useful in the fight at all at that point are either Red Miles, or the Green Flares he used on the planets, both of which would destroy GSR almost instantly. Jack flat out annihilated 12 planets, each of which have more physical matter and take far more energy to destroy (planets take an unbelievable amount of energy to overcome their gravitational binding energy), without breaking a sweat. It just comes down to the fact that Jack works on a solar-system level, while GSR is planet-scale durability at most, which isn't much in Homestuck.

I never said it was physically immortal? You're the one who brought up immortality.

He has Rahi Control, given that that's a Rahkshi power and he has every Rahkshi power. "Had absolute control over every living Rahi in the near area." Rahi being mechanical animals. It is not listed on his page, probably because it slipped my mind, but there it is.

You... don't seem to be listening to me? Teridax has universal durability. A planetary Green Flare isn't doing anything. He can kill him with the Red Miles, certainly, but he never starts a fight by using that.

Promestein said:
I never said it was physically immortal? You're the one who brought up immortality.
He has Rahi Control, given that that's a Rahkshi power and he has every Rahkshi power. "Had absolute control over every living Rahi in the near area." Rahi being mechanical animals. It is not listed on his page, probably because it slipped my mind, but there it is.

You... don't seem to be listening to me? Teridax has universal durability. A planetary Green Flare isn't doing anything. He can kill him with the Red Miles, certainly, but he never starts a fight by using that.
Sorry, I misinterpreted the phrase 'universal durability', I assumed it meant omniresistance. And, he did die from a moon sized impact, and the Green Flare obviously hits a hell of a lot harder than that... plus, the Green Sun has the mass-energy of two universes, if Jack went all out, who knows what could happen? To be fair, a lot of Makuta's older powers are brokenly powerful due to PIS, so I guess it's bad writing karma xD

And Jack still isn't mechanical. I know it's kinda a technicality, but honestly in HS it seems pretty strict on what types of mind control work on what, so it's probably relevant. His illusion powers and such might work, not sure how effective they would be on that scale though, or against a first guardian...

"And, he did die from a moon sized impact," This can either be explained with a) PIS or b) Teridax did accelerate that piece of the planet with gravitational force meant to kill Mata Nui, so.

"plus, the Green Sun has the mass-energy of two universes, if Jack went all out, who knows what could happen?" We can't make any assumptions based on this. Only based on his feats.

Considering Artakha's abilities worked against the purely organic Tren Krom, Teridax's should as well.

Back