• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Cid Kagenou

Abilities​

Learned everything from karate to boxing, from swordplay to mixed martial arts, before being reincarnated (Volume 1, Prologue). After reincarnating thought the sword style of someone who mastered the Royal Bushin method was clumsy (Volume 1, Prologue). Grease who is a skilled knight felt like a child in front of Cid, despite having more power, Cid stood against him with skill alone (Volume 1, Chapter 1). His swordplay doesn't rely on strength or speed, but the basics, which can even defeat geniuses (Volume 1, Chapter 3). Copied Rose swordsmanship after seeing it once (Volume 1, Final Chapter). Can perceive purpose in the smallest of actions such as a tremor in a sword’s tip, a shift in gaze, the position of the feet, and prepare a superior response (Volume 2, Chapter 1). Has the skill to think battles through, envisioning the battlefield from above with keen eye for understanding a fight’s progression and predicting its future developments (Volume 3, Chapter 6). Can refine his movements in a fight, making him have to evade less, and giving him more chances for a counter attack (Volume 2,Chapter 1). His swordplay is polished to the point of being art, being great enough to let him be known worldwide, and yet that isn't even his real sword play as Shadow, just a fancy sword style meant to be performative (Volume 2, Chapter 7). This fancy sword play, which isn't even his real sword play, is a a single, incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach (Volume 2, Chapter 8). Has reach the pinnacle of martial skill, being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements (Volume 3, Chapter 3). His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them, just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling (Volume 2, Final Chapter). He created the slime body suit which is super-lightweight, silent, supports his movements and has killer defenses (Volume 1, Prologue). Created
a cipher with five different languages (Volume 3, Chapter 6).

During the course of a fight his movements become more and more refined (Volume 2,Chapter 1).

Transformed Alpha back from a stinking pile of flesh to how she was originally (Volume 1, Prologue).

The random story he made up about the Cult of Diablos and the decedents of heroes (Volume 1, Prologue), turned out to in fact be true (Volume 1, Chapter 1). A random throw on a map landed on exactly where his sister was being held captive (Volume 1, Chapter 1). Got lost, and his enemy conveniently goes in that exact same direction (Volume 1, Chapter 1). The identity of John Smith which he assumed to play around and make a lot of money, conveniently ended up helping defeat his enemies, while protecting his allies, making it seem as if he planned everything from the start (Volume 3, Epilogue)

Could hear almost all that was said about him in the cafeteria (Volume 1, Chapter 2).

Can regenerate surface level wounds, and missing fingernails (Volume 1, Chapter 3).

Can release a downpour of light that replenishes energy, promotes magic circulation, and heals minor wound (Volume 1, Chapter 4).

Can break out from his magic being blocked at his school (Volume 1, Chapter 6). Initially was unable to use magic in the Sanctuary, but eventually broke out from his magic being blocked (Volume 2, Chapter 3).

Is constantly training his magic even while being causally at school (Volume 1, Chapter 6).

Can target his opponents pressure points (Volume 1, Chapter 6).

Can unleash whirlwinds that destroy his enemies (Volume 1, Final Chapter).

Beta became completely attached to him after spending time with him, and all of Shadow Garden's members are convinced he has absolute strength, knowledge, and wisdom (Volume 2, Chapter 1). Even Gamma who is a genius that can recreate products made in Japan, is convinced that Cid has divine knowledge (Volume 2, Chapter 4). Was able to convince Yukime who is very intelligent that she was wrong and that she is no match for his intellect (Volume 3, Chapter 5)

Using magic he has reconstructed his body to be optimal for combat from his muscles, nerves and bones (Volume 2, Chapter 3). He is also able to move his vitals (Volume 2, Chapter 3).

Granted Rose some of his power (Volume 2, Chapter 6).

Can create afterimages of himself (Volume 2, Chapter 6).

Can cause intense fear making others hallucinate being dismembered (Volume 2, Chapter 8).

Can emanate waves of raw power, his willpower given form (Volume 3, Chapter 4).

Can run up the sides of buildings (Volume 3, Chapter 2).

Using only 10 fingers he can manipulate and control a large number of wires (Volume 3, Chapter 6).

Was almost entirely unaffected by Ragnarock's heat attacks (Volume 4, Chapter 3).

Can create thunderstorms with his magic (Volume 4, Chapter 3).

Has greater stealth than Epislon who can conceal her presence, and is described as being practically one with the air itself (Volume 4, Chapter 2).

Tier​

Cid's magic should be separated from his physical ability. When fighting Ragnarok it's stated that humans can't unleash the level of power Ragnarok doesn't without any build up

“Shall we begin?”

As an eminence in shadow, it’s my duty to take it down in a single stylish blow, then say a few ominous words before vanishing myself.

To that end, I do a little hop backward.

A moment later, the bat’s pointed claws eviscerate the spot where I was just standing.

Next, I hop to the side.

The bat brings its meaty arm down, leaving a crater at the impact site.

That one blow could’ve taken out a dozen houses, easy. And on top of that, it would’ve set everything around them on fire.

This thing’s like a walking natural disaster.

No matter how tempered their mana is, a human would have to charge up if they wanted to call forth power on that scale.-Volume 4, Chapter 3

Vaporizing a building is 1.70 Kilotons of TNT, Ragnarok can vaporize 12, thus its ap is 20.4 Kilotons, Cid tanked its attacks', and then killed it, Cid should be Town level physically, Large Mountain level with Magic.

As for I AM ATOMIc, the LN has no mention of it reducing things to atoms, just vaporization, should it should just be higher, since it's his strongest attack.

Additionally he needs a higher over time rating, as posted in the stat amp section, he is constantly training

Speed​

Like his ap he also needs a higher over time rating, he could be kept up with by Iris level people up until vol 2, but as of volume 3, not even the 7 Shadows like Beta can even perceive his movements

As Shadow swats them down, the Blood Queen puts some space between them.

They square off again, as though the fight just started over from the beginning.

“He’s…goin’ toe to toe with that monster?”

“My! What incredible speed…”

The battle was far too fast for any of them to make out, but they all gawk at it regardless. Beta’s heart is filled with joy.

This is her master in all his glory.-Volume 3, Chapter 3

Delta

Can use her fangs to attack others (Volume 2, Chapter 2).

Even while suffering from a disease, which had progressed far, was able to not only remain conscious due to sheer will but also able to stand up and fight (Volume 2, Chapter 3).

Alpha

Her gaze alone can cause intense fear and her presence is overwhelming (Volume 2, Chapter 2).

Assisted Cid in returning Delta back to her original form(Volume 2, Chapter 3).

Can turn her body into red mist(Volume 3, Chapter 6).

Gamma

Tier​

She shouldn't scale to Delta, she is said to be the weakest of the Seven Shadows by far

“We’ve waited a long time for you, my lord.” Another woman stoops down to one knee with the elegance of an actress.

“Gamma…”

She’s the third original member after Alpha and Beta. Anyone can tell she’s a genius by taking one look at her clever face and sharp blue eyes. That’s Gamma, the brains of the Shadow Garden.

Gamma is clever, I give her that. But she has one major flaw.

Her nickname is Gamma the Weak.

Even though she’s one of the longest-serving members in the Seven Shadows, Gamma is the weakest by far. To backtrack, the Seven Shadows refers to the first seven members of the Shadow Garden. I chose that name because it’s badass. Obviously.-Volume 1, Chapter 4

She is said to have crazy speed and stupid amount of magic power able to blow away dozens of dark knights

She’s fast!!

Crazy, stupid fast.

However, that brief instant is all Leaf One needs to get a read on her.

This woman is fast—but she’s a complete amateur!!

Her movements are sloppy, and her form is all over the place.

“Fwoosh!!” she cries as she swings her sword.

She puts way too much strength into it, and she has wasted movements all over the place.

Even so, the swing is like lightning—and what’s with that insane amount of magic?!

It doesn’t matter how fast it is, any attack with such exaggerated and predictable movements can be easily countered. However, Gamma’s sword has enough magic packed into it to blow away dozens of dark knights with ease.-Volume 3, Chapter 5

So she should still scale vastly above Claire, who when she performed that feat hadn't yet even entered the school for dark knights. So Small Building level, and cause as for her speed Unknown i guess? Or maybe Superhuman?

General Revisions​

Abilities​

The slime bodysuit can morph into weapons(Volume 1, Prologue).

Fodder such as Rex can evade attacks using only their instincts(Volume 1, Chapter 6). Even when taken by surprise, Epsilon skills are sharpened to the point where she’s able to bend her torso backward to evade the blow (Volume 2, Chapter 2 ).

Those granted power by Cid can hear things around them, and sense the subtle movements in the air (Volume 2, Chapter 6)

The Seven Shadows can conceal their presence (Volume 1, Chapter 1).

Elves and therianthropes have longer lives than humans (Volume 1, Chapter 1).

Alpha negated the regeneration (Volume 1, Chapter 3 ) of one of the monsters created by the Cult, which could regenerated after being bisected (Volume 1, Chapter 3). Alpha is the strongest of the 7 Shadows so don' think the others can scale, only her and Cid scale to this

Delta and Alpha were able to defeat Nelson despite most of their magic being nullified by the Sanctuary (Volume 2, Chapter 2). This nullification was said be stronger than what was used at Cid's school (Volume 2, Chapter 2). Now in verse the characters can be killed by ordinary bullets if taken by surprise, magic is what makes them superhuman, so clearly the Sanctuary effects weren't working on Alpha and Delta

This is obvious, the characters fight with swords and are skilled. Shadow Garden teaches its members Cid's fighting style (Volume 4, Chapter 3). And as i already posted in Cid's section a sword style he invented basically playing around was seen as the pinnacle, can't be reached with centuries of training etc etc

Epsilon in terms of intelligence is 2nd from the bottom (Volume 2, Chapter 2) among the 7 Shadows, those above her being considered geniuses. Before she joined Epsilon's intelligence was the pinnacle of her generation (Volume 2, Chapter 2)

Cid and Beta can function for at least a month without food and 10 days without water (Volume 4, Chapter 4). Number 559 who like all the 7 Shadows was granted power by Cid, can fight for 3 days and nights (Volume 4, Prologue).

Cid and Beta can hold down magicial beasts, which are a cross between a bear and lion, without them being able to do anything (Volume 4, Chapter 4).

Speed​

This calc from 10 year old Cid has been accepted, which makes him Massively Hypersonic+. This scales to everyone with a profile except Gamma, for obvious reasons, 1st the 7 Shadows are as powerful as they are cause they received Cid's power, and they didn't meet Cid until he was 13, in other words a stronger, faster Cid

“Master Shadow granted you power.”

Numbers 664 and 665 look at Rose in shock. “What?”

The only ones granted power by Shadow himself were the initial seven—the Seven Shadows. The Seven Shadows stand in a league of their own in the Shadow Garden, and that blessing Shadow had given them is part of what makes them so special.

Rose gives them a small nod. “…It’s true.”

Sure enough, Shadow was the one who saved her from the ravages of the possession.

“He did the same for me,” Number 559 says-Volume 4, Prologue

And secondly cause Cid at least up until volume 2, can be keep up with even somewhat by people like Iris, who is inferior to the 7 Shadows

“Please let me land a blow.”

A massive thunderclap rings out, and Iris makes her move.

She charges forward, aiming for Shadow’s neck with her longsword.

However, all it takes for Shadow to escape her range is to take a half step backward. He watches the attack miss and turns his attention to Iris’s next move.

But Iris’s sword extends.

By letting go of it, she forcibly lengthens its range.

Shadow immediately shifts gears. He abandons his attempt at a counterattack and instead knocks Iris’s sword aside.

Her offense is ruined. That’s what anyone would think.

However, she stoops down and uses the momentum from her charge to grab Shadow’s torso and grapple him.

It’s a valiant move, one designed to restrain his movements in exchange for her own life.

He won’t be able to evade in time.

“Bravo.”

Shadow’s knee smashes into Iris’s face.

There’s no way she could have known, but hand-to-hand combat is Shadow’s specialty.

Iris crumples to the ground.-Volume 2, Final Chapter

And lastly Grease who ran away from Alpha and then fought 13 year old Cid, thought his speed wasn't special, just that Cid is skilled

Have I ever felt this overpowered before? Grease wonders as the ink-black sword continues to break skin.

Even when he fought Alpha the elf, even when the princess claimed victory at the Bushin Festival, Grease didn’t feel weak. In fact, the last time he’d felt a power imbalance…was when he was a kid. It was the first time he’d ever held a sword and squared off with his mentor—an adult versus a child, a champion versus a novice. It was hardly anything that could be considered a fight.

Grease is experiencing that same feeling right about now.

The boy in front of him doesn’t look tough whatsoever. At the very least, he doesn’t emit the same menacing aura as Alpha when Grease fought her. He’s a total natural; his stance, magic, and swordsmanship all seem to come effortlessly. In fact, his strength and speed are unremarkable, honestly—nothing special at all. But his strategy perfects his swordplay. And he manages to stand against Grease’s powers of mass destruction using that alone.

Which makes Grease feel an overwhelming sense of defeat.-Volume 1, Chapter 1

Good god well these definitely have enough justification I don't think there's a problem with the town level either I agree

So there a few abilities that should be removed from Cid's profile as they aren't in the LN:
As for his range, the feat of sending Alpha to the stratosphere doesn't happen in the LN, this is that scene

It seems the red mist doubles as a sensory organ of some sort, as Alpha’s able to completely sense the wires’ movements.

It looks as though John Smith has no cards left to play.

Alpha’s voice comes out from somewhere in the mist. “I’m not just a burden anymore. I’m strong enough to support you, to understand you… So please, I’m begging you…”

“Mistform, huh…? It’s an interesting technique, but it’s lacking in mass.”

As the words leave his mouth, his ebony sword materializes in his hand.

Devastating quantities of magic gather around it.

“If I blow it all away, you’ll be helpless.”

He swings his sword in a wide arc.

The released magic and wind-force combine into a massive tornado.

“This can’t be—”

The mist disappears, and Alpha reemerges.

“Good choice. If you’d stayed as mist, it could have ended poorly for you.”

Alpha looks up and sees that all the mist above them has been completely blown away.

She also sees a merciless strike bearing down on her.-Volume 3, Chapter 6

The scene of using magic to blow away clouds is the same, so with magic his range should still be tens of kilometers, and I AM ATOMIC also has statements of extending to the horizon

Light—fathomless specks of light—gather around the Black Knight’s sword as he continues holding it level with the ground.

The light then swirls, spiraling in a bluish-purple glow as it converges at the blade’s tip.

A new bluish-purple sword extends forth.

It stretches across the ground, all the way to the horizon.

It seems to practically go on forever.

The Black Knight stoops low and draws the sword back.

His voice rumbles like it’s coming from the depths of the abyss as it echoes all through the area.

“I AM…”

A tremendous amount of mana gathers on the blade—

“…ATOMIC SWORD.”

—and the blade cleaves forth.

A flash of light bisects the night, shredding through all who stand within it.

In its wake, a bluish-purple afterglow drifts by and illuminates everything the sword sliced through.

Everything as far as the eye can see lies slain.

All of it—beasts, trees, and buildings alike—now has a perfect horizonal line cut through it.

“This isn’t possible… It shouldn’t be possible…”

It’s like God himself has come and divided the world into tops and bottoms. The onlooking knights are completely overwhelmed at the unbelievable gravity of what they’ve just witnessed.

“Who…? What is he…?” Haitani murmurs-Volume 4, Epilogue

So i suggest his range be Tens of meters, Tens of kilometers with Magic and I AM ATOMIC, Tens of meters cause of scaling to Alpha who can split, building, he also has his own building splitting feat, and also he uses both physical and magical threads to attack from a distance.

Ah I didn't say so but I think the the propositions are fine

All the 7 Shadows besides Delta and Epsilon would have genius intelligence for being smarter than Epsilon who was the smartest of her generation, so i thought it was unnecessary to mention the stuff about Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back