• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think thats the Meliodas with lostvayne, If his profile happens to be edited and he becomes 6-C then this thread becomes a stomp for now he is 7-B. Why would't counter vanish work on freeze?

It probably would and given that Mard Gear broke out of an ice coloum thicker than the ice layer usually used in Gray's flash freeze Mel wouldn't need counter vanish to break free. Additionally full counter would work if Mel could get flash freeze's timeing which should be fairly easy with equalised speed.

^diffrece is that wasn't ice devil slayer spell in fact against that freeze even Ajeel couldn't release his golem and Ajeel is much stronger tha Mard. And as shown against Ajeel freeze is instantenious plus if he fails only once which might as well be first time he is pretty much dead cause gray can attack really fast before he brakes free.

Actually it was because i just checked and Gray used devil slayer magic throught the entire fight.

Why would Ajeel bother to free an expendable golem when he can make a dozen more with a wave of his arm? besides we arn't talking about 6-C Gray.

If Gray's attack speed and Mel's reactions are equal Meliodas can use full counter on any of Gray's spells; So much like King, Gray will fall victim to his own ability.

There's something that has been bothering for a bit now, can Mel full counter attacks that are essentially instantaneous? This isn't a question of whether he can shatter Gray's ice it's a question of whether he can counter it cuz if he can't it will slow him down and when it comes to fights like this every second counts

Mel can use full counter on any magic attack he can react to. Mel has also used full counter on king's disaster which is essentially instantaneous like Gray's flash freeze; so i would say he could reflect flash freeze with speed equalized.

He can't counter indirect attacks like freeze it's written as his stats and disaster isn't indirect attack spell.

Back then Gray didn't have actual control over his devil slaying magic because he just received it and his mark was active but used only in certain occasions like last attack.

@Delta but considering that flash freeze has worked on characters that are seemingly on or above the same level as Gray (Ajeel and Mard geer) I don't see y Meliodas should be able to react to it, but u did mention that Meliodas reflected Kings disaster could u pls direct me to said chapter? Depending on what went down my decision could change I'm on the fence currently.

^yeah,but apperently he also full countered one of his abilities and that's status promotion and I have a lot of doubts about him full countering a similar things,but he could full counter condense power.

King_using_Status_Promotion.png

http://i7.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/134/nanatsu-no-taizai-5869333.jpg

http://i7.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/134/nanatsu-no-taizai-5869339.jpg

here, meliodas clearly full countered a non physical ability, i can't see why he couldn't do the same thing agains't gray. He could just counter vanish flash freeze and full counter regular ice attacks

I see so if he knows where spell effect is he can counter it.

That thou won't work with freeze since it's not used on one point but a huge range and Meliodas could only have a chance at doing if he knew the moment when he will use the spell and where which means he is vulnerable at least once which is more than enough for Gray to win.

Thx Gabriel.

Actually he cant counter vanish freeze until he sees it once.

And was it explained why King wasn't damaged?

Other characters in fary tail got frozen and managed to free themselves and i don't see how meliodas couldn't do the same and i highly doubt they can oneshot one another

^he can break trough,but not instantly and with the little time he needs he can get killed by devil slaying magic since it's super effective on demons.

^thats actually a pretty good idea :D

But don't wanna derail this.

Anyway when you make threads edit the votes so, I won't even have to waste my time counting.

Meliodas can't Full Counter things from the ground which is how Gray will attack him. Plus i don't think Meliodas can full counter being frozen. Furthermore Gray is an Ice Devil Slayer which gives him a significant advantage against demons like Meliodas.

Even if Meliodas could full counter some of Grays attacks, as an Ice Devil Slayer Gray is immune to Ice attacks.

Voting for meliodas, Counter vanish flash freeze, i know gray is immune to ice attacks but full counter could still serve as a distraction and meliodas has hell blaze wich should give him an advantage considering gray didn't freeze natsu

@Gabriel no doubt Meliodas can escape the ice I'm just thinking that while it couldn't keep him down it could certainly serve as a distraction just like u said Meliodas full counter would and every second counts in fights like this.

Meliodas can fc those attack where he able to read them, gray freee by waving his hand without throwing any projectilce, also using gray against mardgeer is stupidity since that time gray just get him magic. Also gray have instat freeze which freeze mel like silver freeze natsu, then gray just use his ice demon zzero destruction bow to finish mel on freeze form, also gray is stronger against demons so it give him another advantage.
20180522 153627 rmedited

Back