• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
JIsa6L9_d.webp
He’s coming for us

The Book of Bill has been kind of weird for cosmology, because I'm not so sure how to reconcile some facts.

For example, Bill explicitly states he's going to destroy the multiverse, but he also states that he won in every timeline other than the main canon one, yet the multiverse isn't destroyed. What's up with that?

One of the ways to reconcile it is to say that timelines and universes are different in Gravity Falls, which does have some backing to it. In the Gravity Falls CYOA book, we get a rather blatant description on how time functions. The book is considered "non-canon" but Alex stated that the stuff to do with the Axolotl is canon, and this specifically has to do where the axolotl lives, so I think this should be fine to use. It is also referred to again in the Book of Bill, as the 'tank outside of space'.

The main issue with this description, is that it is absolutely not how the Nightmare Realm is described at all. The Nightmare Realm is a "shifting intergalactic foam between dimensions", and visually, universes are depicted as bubbles in the dimension, not rivers.

So, it might be fair to say that a "universe" and a "timeline" aren't exactly the same thing. Bill's precog lets him view into these alternate worlds, but they aren't necessarily in the same timeline, but instead bound to a higher version of time that exists beyond the normal multiverse.

This could also just mean that the Nightmare Realm isnt a brane, so like, pick your poison.

The Book of Bill has been kind of weird for cosmology, because I'm not so sure how to reconcile some facts.

For example, Bill explicitly states he's going to destroy the multiverse, but he also states that he won in every timeline other than the main canon one, yet the multiverse isn't destroyed. What's up with that?

One of the ways to reconcile it is to say that timelines and universes are different in Gravity Falls, which does have some backing to it. In the Gravity Falls CYOA book, we get a rather blatant description on how time functions. The book is considered "non-canon" but Alex stated that the stuff to do with the Axolotl is canon, and this specifically has to do where the axolotl lives, so I think this should be fine to use. It is also referred to again in the Book of Bill, as the 'tank outside of space'.

The main issue with this description, is that it is absolutely not how the Nightmare Realm is described at all. The Nightmare Realm is a "shifting intergalactic foam between dimensions", and visually, universes are depicted as bubbles in the dimension, not rivers.

So, it might be fair to say that a "universe" and a "timeline" aren't exactly the same thing. Bill's precog lets him view into these alternate worlds, but they aren't necessarily in the same timeline, but instead bound to a higher version of time that exists beyond the normal multiverse.

This could also just mean that the Nightmare Realm isnt a brane, so like, pick your poison.
I always viewed it as there are different mini multiverses. Each multiverse is a branching variation of itself making it so that there are different universes with their own physics. Then those collections of universes have there own timeline

It seems to be supported with the Dennis analogy of the multiverse being one card in a binder

This is also supported by the descriptions in said book (in that same section's analogy of timelines) matching with another book's (Lost Legends).

It also might be a matter of perspective. The Nightmare Realm exists outside of all frameworks, but was still going to reach "The End of Reality" due to being unstable, meaning any perspective it gives to other realities is equally unstable. What Mabel and Dipper were in was much more stable and less dangerous variation of that, matching how the Axolotl is Bill's Equal-Opposite (existing outside all frameworks, peacefully).

I think its either Alex being inconsistent since he is not a powerscaler, or there is infinite amount of Multiverses.

Second option makes more sense and is actually supported, there cannot be Infinite Bills in the Nightmare Realm so it makes sense there is infinite Nightmare Realms in Infinite Multiverses

I think its either Alex being inconsistent since he is not a powerscaler, or there is infinite amount of Multiverses.
I doubt it's this. He's a stickler for details. Heck, in the interview I linked he went off about how Disney refused to give him the opportunity to do high quality merch, so now all his fans are left with stuff "off model." Also, in the comic Bill's antics reached other dimensions (it's literally part of the plot) so it's simply more likely that it's seperated infinite timelines.

It also has to be noted that Bill explicitly referenced there being infinite variations of himself before in the Reddit AMA (when he states he has his foresight, which was doubled down on in TBOB), so it's very likely there are infinite Bills, at the very least.

I doubt it's this. He's a stickler for details. Heck, in the interview I linked he went off about how Disney refused to give him the opportunity to do high quality merch, so now all his fans are left with stuff "off model."
God, Disney ******* sucks. Cancelling/shortening all of their best shows; their newest movies are ass; running Star Wars into the ground; not putting out good merch for their stuff that IS quality...

Mm, but it can't be. It operates as a higher dimensional bulk space for the fourth dimension, above it. If anything, it'd be outside of the 4th Dimensional Time, but beneath another X-Dimensional Time. Which makes sense, because the Bottomless Pit itself is a 4th-Dimensional infinite wacky thing, and the "River Deltas" were infinite space-times, and the Axo (Bill's equal opposite) exists outside of that. Which, again, makes sense, because Ford was going to reach "The Time and Space Between Time and Space." (Nightmare Realm). The Nightmare Realm, being Higher-D foam to Time and Space. Which would imply another set of time to begin with, though the Nightmare Realm's time is virtually nonexistent and nonsense.

EDIT: Also, the Nightmare Realm exists outside time and was going to fill up the entirety of our universe's time in Weirdmaggedon, but Bill claims the Nightmare Realm was detoriating as the Edge of Reality came ever closer every 1 trillion years, which creates the interesting question of "Where is the time he's measuring in the Nightmare Realm coming from?" Well, if it's not 4-D Time, it'd have to be some form of Higher-D Time.

Hirsch also says Bill will contradict himself in the interview, so any contradictions we cannot resolve are intentionally written, and as Hirsch puts it, "It's YOUR job to sus out what's really going on here." Basically, it's up to interpretation, and we'll have to pick the option we find most likely, or write a "possibly" for these variations.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a close up picture of the "Contains" page? Bill claims to be able to project whatever he desires into his little evil bible because he made the book with human flesh, and that as such it's vulnerable to his power to "Project into anything with neurons." Also, again, galaxy seduction. For his social influencing.

EDIT: I also wonder what Radiation he may be referring to, if it means a specific IRL radiation signature SETI detect.

Last edited:
Back