• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbh I am beginning to think that Bill's Tier 5/3 stats shouldn't really apply in normal VS Threads. Why?

Because in the whole story Bill tried everything in his power to connect the Nightmare Realm to the main universe, as he can only project himself within minds through the Mindscape otherwise, without a physical form, with his true capabilities are only when he's in the Nightmare Realm. Why do you think he needs to connect the Nightmare Realm and the Universe directly otherwise? Mind you that the only reason he can partially do his stuff on the Earth is because our planet is in a weak spot between dimensions, aka perfect for Bill's plans.

Heck he literally list the lack of a physical form as one of his weaknesses. What do do?

I think we should do something like "Unknown in the universe, 5-B, possibly 3-C in the Nightmare Realm".

Or we could just add a note about how mindscape Bill fights should be located in the Nightmare Realm, kinda like what we do with Darkners
Don't think it's necessary? Darkners don't have a "10-C in the Light World" (as that would be not only super redundant but also spammed in every profile), I think it's just common sense to apply it.

Also SBA is also a thing.

Tbh I am beginning to think that Bill's Tier 5/3 stats shouldn't really apply in normal VS Threads. Why?

Because in the whole story Bill tried everything in his power to connect the Nightmare Realm to the main universe, as he can only project himself within minds through the Mindscape otherwise, without a physical form, with his true capabilities are only when he's in the Nightmare Realm. Why do you think he needs to connect the Nightmare Realm and the Universe directly otherwise? Mind you that the only reason he can partially do his stuff on the Earth is because our planet is in a weak spot between dimensions, aka perfect for Bill's plans.

Heck he literally list the lack of a physical form as one of his weaknesses. What do do?

I think we should do something like "Unknown in the universe, 5-B, possibly 3-C in the Nightmare Realm".
That's why I was saying the Time Baby V Bill fight isn't crazy, (outside of the fact he shook the Card Carrier), because it happened in the Nightmare Realm, where Bill has access to his full powers. The problem is apparently Bill made himself an abstract idea, whose true essence exists as an immortal story, so by definition he should also simultaneously be a Mindscape being (contradicting the ending). I think the solution is that he loses his Mindscape status (or more specifically, it just becomes his Soul), by gaining a physical form in our world, and that in the Nightmare Realm he just has both powersets.

Don't think it's necessary? Darkners don't have a "10-C in the Light World" (as that would be not only super redundant but also spammed in every profile), I think it's just common sense to apply it.

Also SBA is also a thing.
I meant that we don't give em an Unknown rating and just do a note or weakness about how he can't really do anything outside the Nightmare Realm

That's why I was saying the Time Baby V Bill fight isn't crazy, (outside of the fact he shook the Card Carrier), because it happened in the Nightmare Realm, where Bill has access to his full powers. The problem is apparently Bill made himself an abstract idea, whose true essence exists as an immortal story, so by definition he should also simultaneously be a Mindscape being. I think the solution is that he loses his Mindscape status by gaining a physical form in our world, and that in the Nightmare Realm he has both powersets.
Issue is that it's clear as water that he gained a physical form for the 1st time (and thus all the powers) within Weirdmageddon, not that in the Nightmare Realm.

Somehow merging the NR with the universe made him that strong, we don't know how, it just happened, especially when thanks to the Weirdmageddon he completely one-shot the Time Baby, when before they were kinda equals.

Issue is that it's clear as water that he gained a physical form for the 1st time (and thus all the powers) within Weirdmageddon, not that in the Nightmare Realm.

Somehow merging the NR with the universe made him that strong, we don't know how, it just happened, especially when thanks to the Weirdmageddon he completely one-shot the Time Baby, when before they were kinda equals.
True. Hm. It's also weird because the battle with Time Baby directly blew up planets, caused paradoxes, and whatnot, so it's directly him demonstrating his powers.

True. Hm. It's also weird because the battle with Time Baby directly blew up planets, caused paradoxes, and whatnot, so it's directly him demonstrating his powers.
Yeah but it happened in the Nightmare Realm, meaning he hadn't restrictions back then, and could use his (at the time) full power.

Yeah but it happened in the Nightmare Realm, meaning he hadn't restrictions back then, and could use his (at the time) full power.
So what I'm hearing is
Nightmare Realm (Restrictionless Base Power, has both Mindscape and Psuedo?-Physical Form), Mindscape (Has specifically the Mindscape Powers), and then Weirdmaggeddon (Heightened Power, TRUE Physical Form, Mindscape Powers limited to his Soul), and then there's Post-Series (Massively weakened, exists as his Shattered Soul, but still powerful, Half-Alive).

To try and make all of this make sense.

Nightmare Realm (Restrictionless Base Power, has both Mindscape and Psuedo?-Physical Form), Mindscape (Has specifically the Mindscape Powers), and then Weirdmaggeddon (Heightened Power TRUE Physical Form, Mindscape Powers limited to his Soul), and then there's Post-Series (Massively weakened but still powerful, Half-Alive).
Nah.

Post-Death I don't think it's even worth making one.

Deciding what he can or can't use outside of the Mindscape is kinda a task which borders in being arbitrary af, so for simplicitly's sake, just say he can use all, given he could use also his powers in Dipper's dream just like when he met Giden outside of a dream (and most of the shit he did in the Book is talking about how he interacted with humanity in the course of the centuries, so you can see where I am leading at).

The real issue are the statistics in play, where I just can't see Bill being that strong outside the NR.

Nah.

Post-Death I don't think it's even worth making one.

Deciding what he can or can't use outside of the Mindscape is kinda a task which borders in being arbitrary af, so for simplicitly's sake, just say he can use all, given he could use also his powers in Dipper's dream just like when he met Giden outside of a dream (and most of the shit he did in the Book is talking about how he interacted with humanity in the course of the centuries, so you can see where I am leading at).

The real issue are the statistics in play, where I just can't see Bill being that strong outside the NR
To slightly subvert conversation, what do we do about the fact Bill can canonically be summoned through creepypasta nonsense and still exhibits some of his powers (a la the Robbie Chat Logs)?

To slightly subvert conversation, what do we do about the fact Bill can canonically be summoned through creepypasta nonsense and still exhibits some of his powers (a la the Robbie Chat Logs)?
Nothing. Being summoned from an outside source isn't a feat for the character, it's a feat for whoever does it.

Nothing. Being summoned from an outside source isn't a feat for the character, it's a feat for whoever does it.
Well, yeah, but I was more referring to contact methods/his awareness. Like how he can possess people through Spirit Boards, and immediately knew of the incantation being fulfilled by Stanford.

Unknown, Varies with Possession, at least 5-B, possibly 3-C in the Nightmare Realm

I think this is better because we don't use things like "in the universe/physical universe" or "in SBA" in the profiles, as you can see in the many examples I can list if you want (Hela, Mephisto from Marvel Comics and Sinbad from Magi etc)

Also I'm still angry at myself for not thinking of separating keys when indexing characters with different stats and abilities in this kind of physical world and other worlds in the past.

what is this

Btw, a last thing.
Unknown, Varies with Possession, at least 5-B, possibly 3-C in the Nightmare Realm
I do not think that, from how worded the justification is, listing the highest tier at the last is appropriate, especially given you're implying he can't possess people in the NR.

Something like this is better:
  • Unknown, at least 5-B, possibly 3-C in the Mindscape or the Nightmare Realm. Varies with Possession
Edit: Added also he also has these powers in the Mindscape for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Back