• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I meant those as separate
So?
Would Bill be a type 1 concept due to being an idea/abstract entity unbound by space and time/the universe itself, and then questioning on top of that (but separately) if we would consider Bill’s separate moment with Plato as Bill explaining Platonic Concepts or inspiring Platonic Concepts? Personally for the second question I’d lean the latter.
You're not talking for accuracy. You're talking for making Bill as OP as possible while ignoring the context.

Platonic ideas CANNOT be changed from the physical world, when Bill literally says that the Mindscape and the physical world infuence each other. We also see Ford affecting Stanley's mindscape with a gun that specifically targets neurons.

Lemme get the entire essay, because I personally think he’s just referring to the fact he naturally affects minds across generations, making him immortal, but I just want a second opinion and I feel like my interpretation relies on the context of the whole thing.

Here’s the big picture, slick! You’re a rapidly dissolving pile of skin and plasma, but inside that rotting meat cage is an electric spark of glittering potential. You could be EVERYTHING you’ve EVER DREAMED- and DREAMING is where it STARTS!

Dreams aren’t just the random static between thoughts and memories, they’re glimses into POSSIBLE REALITIES. They’re a GIFT from the perfect realm of ideas to the flawed realm of the physical. Will you accept that gift and make it manifest? Or will you miss your brief shot at immortality?

There are a lot of ways to cheat death! Uploading your consciousness into a robot, swapping brains with a car, putting your soul in a snowman, blah blah blah. But to become truly IMMORTAL, you have to transfer the most precious thing you have (your identity) out of your body and into the realm of IDEAS. In short: you have to create a story about yourself that’s so compelling that it’s carried virally in the minds of humanity forever, replicating your essence infinitely throughout the generations. While your flesh is temporary, your legend can carry on forever. Genetic duplication is a dying mans game, contingent on the shelf-life of meat, but memetic chrono-travel is playing the long odds.

REALITY is divided into only two properties: Physical atoms, and Stories. Stories are just as real as physical reality, but they exist in a separate realm. This is why your mind is so important- it’s your one link to this world.

The PHYSICAL WORLD creates and spreads stories, but the STORY WORLD controls the motives and thoughts of the Physical World. In this way, the two create each other. REALITY creates FICTION which in turn creates REALITY.

In the same way that your genes propogate themselves via the medium of physical meat, your identity can propogate and outlive your frail body in the MINDSCAPE. You can join me, but first you need to wake up from the dream of reality into the truth of fiction. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.
But that in itself makes me think Type 3 Acausality, since he’s making himself spread through time (to achieve immortality).

Platonic ideas CANNOT be changed from the physical world, when Bill literally says that the Mindscape and the physical world infuence each other.
Physical World doesnt really affect Mindscape nor does Mindscape actually affect Physical World, otherwise that would have been Platonic and Outer

Atleast thats what I understood from Ultima

But that in itself makes me think Type 3 Acausality, since he’s making himself spread through time (to achieve immortality).
This is just him talking about him being remembered forever due to him existing as an idea that will always be on humans' mind, not him being literally Solaris...

Y'all are genuinely being corrupted from powerscaling babble over stuff that's way different from it.

The questions aren’t related, so your answer doesn’t work? I’m asking if Bill is a Type 1 concept based on our standards, and then a second question of “do we think Bill was explaining platonic concepts or created them through shaping Plato’s mind?” Neither affect Bill’s scaling because nothing implies Bill is a platonic concept.
You're not talking for accuracy. You're talking for making Bill as OP as possible while ignoring the context.

Platonic ideas CANNOT be changed from the physical world, when Bill literally says that the Mindscape and the physical world infuence each other. We also see Ford affecting Stanley's mindscape with a gun that specifically targets neurons.
Again, not asking if Bill is a platonic concept. Asking if you think this is confirmation they exist in some fashion we cannot utilize for scaling, or made them via making Plato come up with the idea?

The questions aren’t related, so your answer doesn’t work? I’m asking if Bill is a Type 1 concept based on our standards, and then a second question of “do we think Bill was explaining platonic concepts or created them through shaping Plato’s mind?” Neither affect Bill’s scaling because nothing implies Bill is a platonic concept.
Good that you already got it then.
Asking if you think this is confirmation they exist in some fashion we cannot utilize for scaling, or made them via making Plato come up with the idea?
I just think it made a vague reference to Plato, but that in the verse' context it works way too differently to actually say it's the 1:1 Plato stuff.

Lemme get the entire essay, because I personally think he’s just referring to the fact he naturally affects minds across generations, making him immortal, but I just want a second opinion and I feel like my interpretation relies on the context of the whole thing.
But it also makes me think of the second thing. I’m asking specifically for clarification.

EDIT: Meaning my brain is not quite rotted yet. I‘d think yours was because it had a bit of conclusion jumping when I literally meant specifically the words I wrote, but I expect that’s from dealing with brainrot and is just a precautionary measure and not actual brainrot.

Would Bill be a type 1 concept due to being an idea/abstract entity unbound by space and time/the universe itself, and then questioning on top of that
If an abstraction is not a type 2 concept, the fact that the abstraction in question is independent of the reality it is in does not mean that it is a type 1 concept. Also for type 1 concepts the managed reality is all relevants objects.

Example: In the Slimelightnovel verse, magic is an idea used to manipulate type 1 concepts and laws, even in a endless void outside the multiverse, but magic itself is not a type 1 concept unless anyone tries to claim (literally wank) with other arguments that magic itself is a type 1 concept.

Tbh I should remove CM 2 from Weirdmageddon, as Meaning isn't a concept anymore at this point, but rather the perception people have on that concept, which why Bill says that concepts don't have meaning, due to these not being objective (and another reason why meanings aren't built in the universe).

This is not acausality type 3 but it is solid immortality type 8 rating.
Immortality type 8 owned by the Rise of the Guardians main cast is a similar example.

This is not acausality type 3 but it is solid immortality type 8 rating.
Not even Type 8. It's just a confirmation of Bill's Type 1 AE being literal.

Not even Type 8
What I understand from this scan is why Bill spread himself as an idea into people's minds and say that it can exist forever and this is textbook immortality type 8.

Immortality Type 8: Bill cannot die as long as he exists as an idea in people's minds...

This is obsivously more than just AE 1, please made a Q&A for it if you're not convinced.
Tbh I should remove CM 2 from Weirdmageddon, as Meaning isn't a concept anymore at this point, but rather the perception people have on that concept, which why Bill says that concepts don't have meaning, due to these not being objective (and another reason why meanings aren't built in the universe).
Also this sensible to me.

What I understand from this scan is why Bill spread himself as an idea into people's minds and say that it can exist forever and this is textbook immortality type 8.

Immortality Type 8: Bill cannot die as long as he exists as an idea in people's minds...

This is obsivously more than just AE 1, please made a Q&A for it if you're not convinced.
Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or information, and being immortal thanks to it. This power has a variety of uses, ranging from a high degree of control over the abstraction and its manifestations, the aforementioned immortality, or even being unaffected by abilities that can't target the abstraction.

Lol.

Okay, it's understandeble that you don't understand this. I'll try to make you find the answer yourself.

Bill says that he can spread his existence to people as an idea, but if Bill had used this in the series itself and spread his existence into the minds of the entire Phines family and other Gravity Falls residents, do you think it would have killed Bill just to be erased from Stan's mind? I'll answer, no. Just as Bill said here, if he could copy his mindscape form into people's minds, just being erased from Stan's mind wouldn't kill him.

This is basically the difference between being just an idea and being an idea that can spread itself into people's minds and exist forever thanks to people.

Last edited:
tweets-of-alex-saying-there-wont-be-a-season-three-v0-rqxp762sb8id1.jpg

I cant believe the coffee stains where actually morse code that quite blatantly stated that bill'S dimension is gone & so are his parents

Back