• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

Hi! Just poking in, not a Baki guy, I'm one of the PAD guys.

1. Sadly the pants gotta go, minor misunderstanding, the pants shouldn't be ablet to fight on their own...if you were hoping for pants fight I hate to be the bearer of bad news. (For while it lasted, you guys got a great chuckle out of me)

2. Hold off on messing with 5-B Yujiro if you can. The verse's rules were set a while ago, and I can't find all the original agreements on stats, so some of our high tiers might go down based on assumptions about planet busting. They might also go back up because we've got a character who ate a earth-like planet and moon who's still on the 'to-do' list for calcing that Yujiro might actually scale to...The verse has a lot of work, and it's niche, and slow.

Give us like...A week? Maybe two? Then go nuts.

They're both super easy. Ryo scales above most Kaiohs in the tournament as a high tier Kaioh and scales roughly to Retsu. Ali Jr is easy because he should scale up from Ali, Doppo, and Shibukawa in different stats (or all stats in Ali's case), he should scale similarly to Jack, and finally this is supported when Baki says despite knocking Ali Jr out in 1 hit twice that Ali Jr could've done the same

Ali Jr knocking Baki out was more Baki not being a dick imo. At this point Baki is confirmed to be far above Jack in power and we saw how Ali Jr vs Jack went.

Amlad22 said:
Ali Jr knocking Baki out was more Baki not being a dick imo. At this point Baki is confirmed to be far above Jack in power and we saw how Ali Jr vs Jack went.
So Baki>>>Jack>>>>>> Ali Jr or something like that?

Because Ali could damage Jack, Jack was just pushing through everything (or at least that's my understanding). Likewise, Ali Jr could take hits, he just got overwhelmed Hanayama style (what Hanayama usually does to other fighters)

Oliva should indeed have damage reduction for the orb.

As for Ali, he really was depicted as much physically weaker than Jack. Like yes he did get overwhelmed by Jack's ferocity, but he also only took a couple hits before going down compared to Jack who took dozens of hits including multiple to the temple and wasn't slowed down at all.

However as you said he did still hurt Jack so he scales to At least 9-A likely higher. Also I know the changes weren't made for this cause we barley touched on it, but I proposed Hanayama should receive a likely higher on his 9-A key based on all of his feats. I don't think a full CRT is necessary for one small change so I'll bring it up again here and ask for input.

He's the strongest brawler in the world which should make him above Filth. Alongside this, the Mach Punch is required from Katsumi to defeat Hana. An attack that vastly increases your attack potency and when used by Baki, seriously injured an enraged Jack. Hana took dozens of these before being KO'd.

Also it's never once stated or even implied that Baki's Mach Fist at the time somehow exceeded Katsumi's in speed or power. So we have to assume they are roughly the same.

I'll grab scans/clips of both my points when I can to better back up my argument. And ofc we'll have to wait and see what others think.

Anttron224 said:
Anybody know why a lot of scans spell Yujiro and Yuichiro with 2 u's?
I legit don't know, I've also seen Yuichiro spelled Yoichiro

@Amlad

Hey, this comes up in debates pretty often, so I was wondering if you could help with an explanation, as I wasn't on site when this was decided: why is Mach Punch considered a stat amp?

The whole point of the Mach Punch is to increase your speed to a much higher degree than normally possible and punching with your entire body mass. So not only are you moving much faster than normal, but you are hitting with more weight (like the gotei jutsu but also with more speed).

The feats also show a clear increase in power which makes sense. Katsumi is the best example as he can use the Mach Punch to damage or even defeat people much stronger than him regularly.

Obviously mastery of the move is key in making it a stat amp, as if the user can't get their entire mass behind it or can't use their joints properly to generate more speed, it'll just be a regular punch.

To summarize, Mach Punch is an attack that drastically increases the speed and power of a punch from the user. It's a stat amp for a single move.

Remember the Paralyzation Inducement i suggested for Doppo?

Well, he didn't use it only against Baki. He utilized it in his fight against Yujiro.

Amlad22 said:
The whole point of the Mach Punch is to increase your speed to a much higher degree than normally possible and punching with your entire body mass. So not only are you moving much faster than normal, but you are hitting with more weight (like the gotei jutsu but also with more speed).
The feats also show a clear increase in power which makes sense. Katsumi is the best example as he can use the Mach Punch to damage or even defeat people much stronger than him regularly.

Obviously mastery of the move is key in making it a stat amp, as if the user can't get their entire mass behind it or can't use their joints properly to generate more speed, it'll just be a regular punch.

To summarize, Mach Punch is an attack that drastically increases the speed and power of a punch from the user. It's a stat amp for a single move.
Thanks, I'll quote this exactly if the question comes up

KGiffoni said:
Remember the Paralyzation Inducement i suggested for Doppo?
Well, he didn't use it only against Baki. He utilized it in his fight against Yujiro.
Wait really? This might be a thing then, some crazy technique

Yes. Pages 16 to 18.

Just like Baki, Yujiro explictly says he can't dodge. Now, Doppo says it's because not even Yujiro's reflexes can keep up, when we know Yujiro is faster than Doppo.

There are two options:

a) It's really Paralyzation Inducement, what is supported by Baki's statement and by Yujiro saying he can't dodge;

b) Doppo has High Hypersonic combat speed, what is supported by Doppo saying not even Yujiro's reflexes can keep up, indicating the fact that Yujiro's unableness to react is caused by the superior speed of Doppo's karate moves.

I think that is the only time I've seen Yujiro embarassed. The only other scene that comes close is when he was freaking out because he couldn't open the door handle.

Part of it is likely due to the fact that this is the manga and not the anime. So Yujiro was still being depicted as strong but not an unstoppable demon.

Does anyone know how that scene went in the anime?

It's almost exactly the same actually. The only real difference is that Yujiro seems pissed that Baki saw Doppo pounding on him, not embarassed.

They seem pretty equal, Yujiro starts getting serious, so does Doppo, Doppo gains the advantage, Baki comes in, Yujiro uses demon back due to a strong emotional response.

Same exact story beats

Basically the main difference is the damage done by Doppo then. In the manga he actually makes Yujiro bleed but this is removed in the anime. But besides that you're right that the overall story seems to be the same. I really wish there were subs on that vid lol.

Yeah, I tried using the auto generated english subs, but they introduced Yujiro as the "auto regenerating car that comes, Edition Mayel Joe Appears."

Amlad22 said:
Part of it is likely due to the fact that this is the manga and not the anime. So Yujiro was still being depicted as strong but not an unstoppable demon.

Does anyone know how that scene went in the anime?
Basically the same but without the dialogue

Yujiro just stays there without being able to react

Anttron224 said:
Yeah, I tried using the auto generated english subs, but they introduced Yujiro as the "auto regenerating car that comes, Edition Mayel Joe Appears."
Lol

Back