• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hal could one-shot GP quite easily from what I see so the latter's is definitely in serious trouble if even one attack lands. On the other hand, GP can dodge pretty much all of Hal's attacks with UI and doesn't seem like the kind of person to engage himself in CQC outright immediately. EE and matter-hax could end the battle almost immediately and he'd likely start using them once he sees his regular KI blasts aren't having any effect.

Grand Priest should take this.

Schnee One said:
Wait those are Combat applicable?
You mean the matter-hax or EE? He's directly implied to be able to erase Goku at some point by Whis so that's that. He re-purposed a chunk of Zeno's palace into the ToP arena with his matter-hax and should scale to Whis creating and closing a hole on a window with it.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
If we use DBH, the way GP uses his hax is by snapping his finger
I thought it was with hand-gestures in the anime. Welp, doesn't change much.

His offensive hax in Heroes is primarly through finger snapping, although, that's the game. Anime can just stick to hand waving and whatnot. Although he BFR the contestents just by doing.... nothing? Just thinking and bam, they were in the WoV

I wanted to point out BFR as well but Hal can make inter-universal portals with his ring according to his profile. Though he has 3-A range so.....yeah, I didn't think it would be worth tackling.

I think Planck69 summed it up nicely, so... Gonna go with Grand Priest here. Still, Hal Jordan outclassing the second most powerful being in the Dragon Ball universe (excluding games), that's quite an achievement.

Darkfire890 said:
Would GP Age Manipulation also work?
I don't really know where he gets that from so it's not something I brought up. And there's a chance that it isn't combat-applicable so it's best to put it aside, at least until someone can explain how it works.

I believe his Age Manipulation was scaled by Whis, Who Time Manipulation states: "Can rewind time to undo certain events, used mostly to undo the messes Beerus' rampages cause. Can also accelerate time on individual targets, making them experience months of aging over mere seconds"

Which comes from him accelerating the birth of Bulla. But, I don't really know why it would be a few months? Some days maybe since she was pretty close to giving birth.

Hal Jordan one-shots and Grand Priest has never been shown to use his hax offensively in-cano, so I vote Green Lantern.

We have never seen GP fight tho so IC is kinda unknown but we can assume a bit.

From what we can gather he has UI to avoid any incoming attack and GP is intelligent enough to see if attacks don't do anything to Green Lantern he'll just EE or BFR him and be done with it.

That's my point, you can't say he'll just EE or BFR since we have never seen him fight at all. We don't know what he does, every argument you make is just baseless assumptions.

I know, but I doubt GP is stupid to continue attacking with Ki blasts or punches if he knows these won't do anything. And IIRC the upper gods such as Zeno or him don't neccessarily lead with punches. I think GP will hax his way to the win but to each their own.

We have no way to know if he'll hax or not, given WE HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM FIGHT IN CANON. Saying he'll hax his way to victory is as baseless as saying he'll just punch to death.

Omegas03 said:
I know, but I doubt GP is stupid to continue attacking with Ki blasts or punches if he knows these won't do anything. And IIRC the upper gods such as Zeno or him don't neccessarily lead with punches. I think GP will hax his way to the win but to each their own.
And how would he know exactly......?

And how would he know exactly......?

... Via attacking him or sensing him? Just remember GP does have MUI so he can avoid almost any incoming danger.

IMO GP win through versatility / hax and with MUI (which is probably league better than Goku's), it's very unlikely for Hal to land any attack since speed is equalized.

Grand Priest can have as much versatility as he wants, he has never used any of those hax offensively in canon. And he can't dodge attacks that doesn't have travel speed.

Ionliosite said:
Grand Priest can have as much versatility as he wants, he has never used any of those hax offensively in canon. And he can't dodge attacks that doesn't have travel speed.
He never did anything other than instantly teleport everyone to the WOV in canon and been said to risk erasing Goku if he bothered him and / or Zeno about the whole 'erasing universe' thing, so as far as we know, erasure, BFR and matter manipulation are his first move since it's what we saw him use directly in canon.

You keep talking like just because we haven't seen him fight in canon, he'd just stand there and do nothing ever.

Dragomer said:
You keep talking like just because we haven't seen him fight in canon, he'd just stand there and do nothing ever.
No, what I'm saying is that, since we have never seen how his fighting style is AT ALL, saying he'll use hax is as accurate as saying he'll just try to karate chop Hal. We can't just assume he'll use hax to fight because he HASN'T EVER USED ANY OF THAT HAX TO FIGHT.

Even assuming he uses hax, Hal has attacks that don't have travel speed, and he one-shots with anything he does.

Darkfire890 said:
If we don't know how he fights how can we use him in Vs battles?
I've been questioning this myself many times, IMO Grand Priest should be match banned since any match involving him is 100% guessing due to a lack of actual combat.

Ionliosite said:
Dragomer said:
No, what I'm saying is that, since we have never seen how his fighting style is AT ALL, saying he'll use hax is as accurate as saying he'll just try to karate chop Hal. We can't just assume he'll use hax to fight because he HASN'T EVER USED ANY OF THAT HAX TO FIGHT.
Even assuming he uses hax, Hal has attacks that don't have travel speed, and he one-shots with anything he does.
We saw him use way more hax than we saw him take his hands from behind his back and all angels we saw are constantly playing around with their ability.

And he never threw a punch to fight so obviously he'll never ever punch someone in a fight apparently.

What do you mean by that ? nothing on his profile talk about an infinit speed attack and reality warping and matter manipulation don't have travel speed either and GP has his ressurection and 'do-over'.

>We saw him use way more hax than we saw him take his hands from behind his back and all angels with saw are constantly playing around with their ability.

And none of those times he used said hax to fight.

>And he never threw a punch to fight so obviously he'll never ever punch someone in a fight.

He never threw a punch to fight BECAUSE HE NEVER FOUGHT. We have no idea at all what GP does to fight since he's never shown doing anything on an offensive way.

I've been questioning this myself many times, IMO Grand Priest should be match banned since any match involving him is 100% guessing due to a lack of actual combat.

TBH I don't think we will ever see GP in a actual fight no one can even step to him in he's verse idk how we handle characters like him

I think Dragomer's saying is that is wouldn't be any big assumption to assume he would battle this way (The way they said he would). That has basis in his character. Punching him and CQC-ing automatically doesn't make nearly as much sense. especially the way you described it. (not u dark)

That doesn't change my point at all. Grand Priest has never used any of his hax offensively, and assuming he will is as valid as saying he'll just punch, because we have never seen him fighting.

How does an attack without "travel speed" work and why wouldn't MUI dodge that? That may change my vote, Sorry for the ignorance btw.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I am fine with banning the Grand Priest from vsmatches until we see him fight, even though I don't think we ever will since the only person stronger than him is Zeno
I personally agree, having matches for a character we don't know their fighting style only leads to 100% of guesswork being done on the debate, which is specially bad for a character who's basically a God Tier from a verse such as Dragon Ball.

I agree with that too, same for Zeno, i don't understand why it was ever allowed when we have so little info.

Well, Zen O actually used his hax offensively with Zamas, but you could make an argument against that if you will.

Back