• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bakugo only gets in close so he can blow his enemy away from him again. Him fighting in close range is a big boi meme about how he blasts towards people.

Please look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrmHh9HTpOQ Throughout the first three seasons of MHA, Bakugo's go to strategy and way of fighting is up close and personal with his explosions. This is still true to this day, to say that Bakugo would just stay back and spam explosions is out of character for him. He only ever does this against the kid who could turn him into a meatball. Even againts all-might, who it would make a great amount of sense to keep range on, he still blasted himself towards him and did his close to mid-range blast.

Bakugou repeatedly attacked Ochaco outside of her range, he did the same to that purple guy he fought in the movie, he didn't outrange AM at the time cause he had something to prove and was acting like an idiot.

Current Bakugo is not "first three seasons of the anime". Current Bakugo fights from close-mid distance, spamming shots and throwing his opponents away from him. He does fight in cqc sometimes, but against serious opponents he hangs back and blasts them. The movie, heroes rising, is the most recent version of Bakugo and shows this repeatedly.

Even in season 2, he blasted Ochako away from him every time she got close because he knows getting in close range is stupid. Against someone whose shield is several times his AP, he is not going to stay next to and brawl with them, he's going to AoE them to death.

The All Might example doesn't work because he only engaged in close quarters with AM because he wanted to lose rather than let Deku help him. Immediately after that, he made the plan to keep AM away from them at all costs, and tried to force AM back every time with his serious explosions.

Deku being present causes Bakugo to act stupid and out of character.

https://imgur.com/a/yQ4mx3A

This is the most recent bakugo, still doing his same old tactics. He can't even tell the true AP of Cap's shield till he gets hit by it, which immideatly puts him at a disadvantage. He doesn't fight at a range against most H2H combatants, entering their own range in order to hit up close with his explosions.

As far as Bakugo is concerned, this is going to be an easy fight with some quirkless idiot whose relying on support gear. He has no reason to go at a range until he's already at a disadvantage which Cap should be able to take advantage of

And Bakugo was using the same tactic throughout all of his fight with All-Might, not just when he didn't care if he lost.

And just before those, we saw him in the Class 1-A to 1-B training arc, still fighting up close and personal. Bakugo doesn't fight at a range like that.

He does if he needs to and in the cases you mentioned he was already way faster than them anyway so he wouldn't have to be cautious and use his ranged explosions.

And I'm saying he wouldn't know he needs to, until after already taking a blow. The main argument here seems to henge on Bakugo just starting the battle keeping Cap at a distance, but that isn't what he would do at all. Bakugo would rush in and dash around him trying to hit with a few explosions. When doing this, he enters H2H range and is sucetable to being struck, and while I'm sure he'll dodge a few swipes and get his own hits in, I don't think he'll be able to avoid getting hit and badly hurt by a strike from Cap's shield.

And once he's hit, he'll be on the back foot until he can get's Cap shield out of his hands or take the main down with the run off of his explosions.

Most recent Bakugo went close range on a random thug with help from Endeavor, Deku and Todoroki. That's not exactly swaying my opinion.

In the second image, he is literally shooting ranged explosions at them after they ran at him.

I never said Bakugo doesn't ever get close range, I said he gets close so he can blow his opponent away from him. Which is consistent.

I'm not going to post movie spoilers, so I will admit I'm at a loss for evidence. Y'know, outside of:

Vs Ochako, vs AM after he calmed down, vs the purple villain from the two heroes movie, vs Wolfram and vs the lov when they tried to recapture him. All cases where Bakugo either stayed at range, only went close ranged to blow his opponent away, or was playing keep away from his opponent with pseudo flight.

I will agree, against Ochako Bakugo kept blowing her away.

Against All-Might, he only did range for a single strategy with Deku then got right back to up close and personal and then once again in one of All-Might's attempt to rush Deku. All the other times, he's up close.

Against the purple Villian, Bakugo goes up close once more instead of playing a ranged game. Though against Wolfram he does do only ranged attacks.

Against the leage of villains, you're also right, Bakugo does he best to evade his oppenents and only responds defensively to keep them away. But the situation is very different then what all the others were, because his goal in this battle was to get out not win like it would be in the current one.

And in regards to the second image, that is tracking shot. Each of the explosions link together and end with Bakugo flying up from them, so it's pretty clear he was going in close. And the page right after that has him shooting right at the leader for close combat.

And if Bakugo is hit once, he's going to not only be on the back edge but badly wounded. The AP difference between to the two is so large that it's nearly a one-shot for Cap. I think with such a greivious wound, Bakugo's options become that much slimmer in how he's going to take the win. As I said above, Stun Grenade and Howtzer Impact could seal the deal for him and he's much more likely to pull one of the two of them out in this battle. However, Cap should still be capable of defending himself due to how his first reaction would be too raise his shield in defense and take the brunt of whatever attack Bakugo is throwing at him, and this is really only one shot for Bakugo in this case.

Bakugo's pain tolerance lets him keep fighting even if both his arms and all the bones in his body are being broken repeatedly, his combat abilities will not be affected detrimentally from being hit with substantially higher AP a single time. Cap can't one shot with the shield, and he's only going to get a single hit off because Bakugo will retreat and spam explosions instantly. Cap now has to deal with Bakugo using his explosions to get around the shield.

If Bakugo stun grenades cap, he can just circle around his shield and blow him up directly, similar to how he did Deku. This will hurt Cap just as much as Bakugo has been hurt, as the AP to Dura difference is actually worse for Cap. Cap has around .5 ton durability, at least that's what's credited on his profile, compared to over 3.2 ton explosions, that Bakugo can amp to be stronger and bigger. Cap's going to be just as beaten as Bakugo from a single hit, except Bakugo's hits are spammable.

Bakugo could also just AoE Cap past the shield with his stronger explosions, as has been said. He could aim at Cap's feet, at the ground, at his sides, fake him out, etc. Bakugo has hella options of getting past Cap's shield, while Cap has no answer to Bakugo's explosions other than hoping he can block a decent portion of their potency. And if he messes up a single time, he gets chipped down even worse than if he were to hit Bakugo.

I really wish I could post stuff from the movie, it showcases Bakugo's current fighting style against shield users that beat him in close quarters pretty well.

Where has that ever been shown? Not only that, but Bakugo has never had to tank over 17 tons of tnt hitting him, his best durability feat being survining his own explosions. So yes, his combat abilities should be siginficantly hampered by getting hit by such a strike. And the thing is, since speed is equalized, Bakugo can't really get passed Cap's defenses with his basic explosions. He's always going to have to use his bigger, much stronger ones, which will have much of their damage absorbed by the shield. Sure, if he was able to maintain his high mobility he'd be able to deal with Cap much better and more likely to win, but with such a stark difference in AP I don't think that's possible.

Sure, Cap's actual body can't take as much damage as Bakugo can't spit out but his shield is great cover for him in that regard. And the issue with relying on AOE for his main means of damage is that Cap has dealt with explosions on multiple occasions and knows how to defend himself from them. And the big way in which Bakugo could counter them would rely on him being in a much better condition then his body would allow.

Neither one of them has any big area to make mistakes, the difference is that Cap is much more aware of his margin of error then Bakugo is of his own. And by the time Bakugo realizes such, he wouldn't be able to cover up for it.

In the already released second mha movie, Bakugo exhibits pain tolerance that outstrips anything Cap can hit him with, and is perfectly capable of moving and fighting. So no, his combat abilities will not be hampered from Cap's single hit.

Exactly what is this hit supposed to be doing to Bakugo anyway? If he hits Bakugo's arm or hand, Bakugo literally won't care, he'd have to hit a pretty critical part of Bakugo's anatomy to severely hamper his combat skills, which I doubt with Bakugo's pseudo flight, hit and run mobility.

Stun grenade is a literal free hit on Cap that will harm him as bad if not worse than Bakugo since it'll be a full body explosion 6x his durability. His shield is not going to protect him 100% as you seem to assume, there is only so much of a literal building sized explosio it can absorb for him.

Cap has never in his entire career come out unscathed from taking a head an explosion comparable to Bakugo's, even with his shield helping him. Name a building sized, high 8-c explosion Cap tanked through with minimal damage due to his shield alone. Bakugo doesn't need to be in a better condition to fire off his big explosions repeatedly, if anything, being heavily damaged incentivizes him to use his big explosions, like vs All Might.

How is Cap more aware of his margin of error than Bakugo? Neither of them know how strong the other is, nor what the other can do. Cap will protect himself against the standard explosions as best as he can, but he has no counter to stun grenade or the explosions that literally engulf the entire area he takes up. Bakugo can absolutely cover himself while injured, pressing on through pain is what he does, and he's shown that quite clearly. Hurting Bakugo just pisses him off and makes him shoot out stronger explosions even more.

Back