• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Doomguy vs Connie Maheswaran

Hm, that's weird. If a sword can block 6-C attacks, technally is should be able to harm a 6-C as well. Does anything specifically claim that they bypass durability against Gems?

WeeklyBattles said:
Her sword is not 6-C in attack potency, thus it does not get restricted
Actually, OP restricts everything above 9-B in general, not just in AP.

Seeing as Connie doesnt have the Attack Potency to get through armor higher than 9-B while Doomguy has the firepower to get around a shield, yes it is completely fair

DatOneWeeb said:
Hm, that's weird. If a sword can block 6-C attacks, technally is should be able to harm a 6-C as well. Does anything specifically claim that they bypass durability against Gems?
Ys, directly stated in the show multiple times

Connie's sword is Rose's Sword reforged into a longsword

Not sure why she has a saber listed as standard equipment, she never used one in combat

Wait. Doomguy has higher LS. What stops him from just swiping it while he's invisible? He picks up new weapons whenever fighting demons, so it's pretty in-character. Especially if he sees his guns aren't doing good.

Does that work against invisible opponents? Like are we talking about borderline spider sense here? Because all I've seen is her flipping a boy over her shoulder after he bumped into her

That won't help her against someone she can't see. Doomguy gets one grab and Connie isn't gonna be able to get it away due to her far inferior LS.

Also Invisible enemies probably wouldn't be a problem, she fought Holo-Pearls in a smoke cloud so thick they could only see each other super close and Steven fought an Invisible Gem monster before, so she should know how to get around it.

You're comparing someone you can still see vs someone you can't at all. Also, this is Connie, not Steven. Doomguy is straight up invisble. Nothing as of now is stopping him from walking up, taking the sword with a single grab, no more sword.

She didnt see him at all. He came at her in a blind spot and she instinctively laid him out without even realizing she was doing it

Yeah I don't think that's entirely comparable to a completely invisible opponent. Connie only responded after she was bumped into

Yeah, he touches her, he get flipped or decapitated instinctually

Plus like Cinnabar said Connie has experience fighting opponent she cant see, often multiple simultaneously

But he said you could see them if you are close to them. That's not the same wth Doomguy here. The moment Doomguy grabs her arm or the sword, he's in. I doubt Connie can flip him. He's a big boy with heavy equipment. certainly wouldn't be able to move the sword efficiently if doomguy grabs onto it.

That's what I expected. Not only was she only able to see the kid, but she touched him first. Again, Doomguy grabs her sword and she cannot pull it back at all. He can easily sneak up and do this. She won't be able to flip him so easily due to her grabbing her sword. Cinnabar only gave one example, in which the enemy can STILL be seen, where as Doomguy can't. Steven's example doesn't apply to Connie. Yeah, I'm voting Doomguy via disarming her.

Jackythejack said:
But he said you could see them if you are close to them. That's not the same wth Doomguy here. The moment Doomguy grabs her arm or the sword, he's in. I doubt Connie can flip him. He's a big boy with heavy equipment. certainly wouldn't be able to move the sword efficiently if doomguy grabs onto it.
Seeing as Connie can physicaly grapple with opponents who have class 50 lifting strength i dont see why she wouldnt be able to flip doomguy

If he's invisible, can't he just... grab her, throw her on the ground, and put pressure on her head until crush?

Can you please post an example of this version of Doomguy ever attempting to disarm an opponent in any scenario?

Due to Doomguy picking up a weapon/ammo after an enemy goes down, I ses why not. Especially since it's something he doesn't have. While he wouldn't do this during the start, once he realize his guns are useless it would be somewhat in character to disarm her as he isn't an idiot. Also, yes he does become completely invisible. Demons aren't able to see him and kinda just look around.

Well here's the obvious ending:

Doomguy tanks her attacks with invulnerability, literally rips her arms off with Class K, and beats her to death with them.

I vote Doomguy.

Invulnerability is NLF. She's not weak enough to be unable to damage him and she uses a bladed weapon which negates his higher durability.

The invisibility however as I said, makes the demons not be able to see Doomguy and just look around, shooting aimlessly. Invulnerability isn't a NLF here, his durability becomes way higher than Connie's ap, and he's completely unaffected by the Imp's claws and chainsaw. So piercing damage is a no.

Back