• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So to bridge the AP gap, Number Man has a few things.

• The pseudo bio manip, heart attacks, strokes, paralysis via strikes
  • Precision hitting. He threatened to shatter a 9-B's skull before, and apparently cauldron (really meaning him or contessa since they do all thr assassinations) could kill Hatchet Face with sniper rifles from really far away
  • Improvised tactics. He's caused controlled demolitions on the fly with just some hand grenades, and his power lends itself well to this. Car bombs, collapsing architecture, etc
  • Going into NYC and stealing something poisonous
Will get more detailed in a bit.

9-Cs with guns can fight 9-Bs, depending on the gun.

Hell, just having a sword can do it.

He's killed a bunch canoncially, 12 year old clones of him also pinned Bitch's dogs via leverage abuse and threw her hard enough to maybe break bones despite her armored costume.

Anyways, number man's math manages to be one of the most ridiculous powers in this verse, and I feel like connie loses just due to being human and having unconscious tells he can read like a book. Glances, muscle tension, where weight is shifted, minute fluctuations in the air, all of those little things are giving him constant information. He can also just math out possible attack vectors, going on "nearly infinite" with one guy and also working out Jack Slash's possible lanes of attack back when they were kids and had judt murdered king, though it would have been too much for him to reliably survive without killing Jack on the spot. Connie doesn't seem to have any powers that would befuddle his thing, so he probably induces some medical problem if that's possible, or shoots her perfectly/gets a building to collapse on her if it isn't.

Fights with the cauldron capes usually aren't very but you know me and my lax stomp standards

Yeah not gonna lie this seems hilariously unfair.

"What if we put a supernaturally skilled hitman versus a teenage kid with a sword?"

Math op

On the real though even if I wouldn't personally say stomp it is still incredibly skewed. I do have two other 9-Bs you could try, those beinG Vin Venture AND Butcher XIV

Butcher is female but sure, go for it. 14 capes melded into one, but I think connie should be safe from the Lucius style possession.

Okay, so butcher doesn't know everything connie is going to do before Connie herself, she took some time to use that pain manip, and I think connie should be safe from the possession.

What butcher does still have is that bio manip and spatial warping on every hit. Her attacks will land, and they'll land with a nasty effect thst gets worse over time. Regen also gives her some nice staying power. The longer the fight goes on, the better it is for Butcher, I think. Lets her wear Connie down with the necrosis, and maybe just stop her heart with sheer pain if it goes on a while. Connie at her best is her most dangerous, but the biological stuff would bring her down a bit.

Pearl's attacks aren't exactly warping space to strike instantaneously and inducing necrosis where they hit, nor did she have a minigun.

Butcher also has teleportation and crappy danger sense.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about her rage aura. This could also help her out by causing a breakdown in Connie's technique in favor of more berserk rushing, and since Connie is a sword fighter with no prior knowledge, that is going to happen.

I'll vote butcher 14. Connie's best shot is go for an immediate kill successfully, but butcher's crappy danger sense, rage aura, teleportation, and regen can stave off these early assaults long enough for Connie to rot/be pained to death.

Because Connie still has a quite large AP advantage and butcher can't just perfectly dance around every single move and kill her with a single strike like numbers can. Seems like a fine enough loss to me, I'm not obligated to explain how your character wins in detail especially when I'm arguing against that.

Hit butcher really hard

Sure she can. Butcher isnt the number man. Her danger sense apparently isnt very good, and she definitely got hit by things before the ambassadors and undersiders tricked her into suicide because her powers worked fine for tanking. Here, she can suffer actual damage.

Now between her 4 or so mitigating factors, I don't think a lethal hit before combat degredation sets in is particularly likely. But I also don't think it's impossible, because that isnt how butcher works.

Massive Edit: I AM VOTING FOR CONNIE INSTEAD, see my further comment below. It seems I was mistaken in my assessment due to not being nearly as familiar with Butcher as I am with Connie.

I mean Connie has a massive ap advantage that could theoretically be used to bypass the regen

Connie has enough AP to get by mid by just gibbing her, and given that Butcher's teleportation is explosive, she can't really do it with the necrosis thing.

Wokistan said:
Connie has enough AP to get by mid by just gibbing her, and given that Butcher's teleportation is explosive, she can't really do it with the necrosis thing.
Ah yes, I suppose she could win by just completely shredding Butcher, then.

I am changing my vote to Connie (and edited my original comment to reflect that) due to the following line of reasoning:

If Butcher's bio-manip hax are as slow/gradual as you guys say, then Connie can probably win this by shredding her to pieces. Thing is that under SBA, with both in-character but willing to kill, Connie is still going to be a kind person who will attempt to win by incapacitation without killing. However, Connie is also very smart, and as soon as she realizes that Butcher has potent Regenerationn, she will become willing to kill and just bypass Butcher's regen by gibbing her as you said. Meanwhile, Butcher's ability to warp space so her attacks will always hit won't matter since Connie has her skills and a huge sword she can deflect with, and since those attacks are too weak to hurt Connie anyway.

TL;DR version: While Butcher of course will be going for the kill from the very start, she really doesn't have the AP to beat Connie before Connie reaches the conclusion "I need to kill this opponent" and shreds her, and her bio-manip won't kick in quickly enough to make the difference here.

Back