• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Birds of a feather, flock together (Pigeon vs Chicken)

I mean we have this going against the pigeon...:

Although this is a common rock dove-type pigeon. To get the same weight as a chicken, a pigeon would need to be a Crowned Pigeon. Saying that because Encyclopedia Britannica claims that chickens weigh around 2.6 kg: https://www.britannica.com/animal/chicken

While I can't exactly say the same for the red junglefowl, domestic chickens aren't exactly fliers. They can fly, but I don't think it would benefit them too much. Crowned pigeons, however, are fliers. However, the chicken is denser than the pigeon in terms of bulk. Hmm... I think I can mark this as an Inconclusive. While a pigeon can evade a chicken long enough to tire the chicken out whilst in flight, the chicken can also take down the pigeon with its bulk and rushdown style of combat. This bearing in mind a chicken can defend itself against a goose (which is usually twice its weight) while a pigeon of a rat's weight class would get bodied by the rat.

I mean we have this going against the pigeon...:

Although this is a common rock dove-type pigeon. To get the same weight as a chicken, a pigeon would need to be a Crowned Pigeon. Saying that because Encyclopedia Britannica claims that chickens weigh around 2.6 kg: https://www.britannica.com/animal/chicken

While I can't exactly say the same for the red junglefowl, domestic chickens aren't exactly fliers. They can fly, but I don't think it would benefit them too much. Crowned pigeons, however, are fliers. However, the chicken is denser than the pigeon in terms of bulk. Hmm... I think I can mark this as an Inconclusive. While a pigeon can evade a chicken long enough to tire the chicken out whilst in flight, the chicken can also take down the pigeon with its bulk and rushdown style of combat. This bearing in mind a chicken can defend itself against a goose (which is usually twice its weight) while a pigeon of a rat's weight class would get bodied by the rat.

Vote for inconclusive counted.

Hey, that's how debates form.
Playing a bit of "chess" here, to my knowledge, the chicken does have decent strength and durability eats in and out of the profile, and even only focusing on the profiles and reasoning here alone, the chicken is physically superior pound-by-pound.

As far as I know, the pigeon would have to get close to the chicken to try to do meaningful damage to it, not to mention that the pigeon fight I only saw in the scan in the pigeon profile involved 2 pigeons really using close raw strength. Though so far, I don't really see that the pigeon would do a more evasion fighting style. Even then, chickens can fight off hawks.

I can see a 50/50 chance of the chicken landing their hands on the pgeon in terms of speed, and a 9/10 chance of them overpowering the pigeon. Seems to me that the chicken wins 7/10 tmes.

People are voting chicken because they could beat a crow but to be fair the Crow was in an enclosed space so it couldn’t really do as much, especially since the person was interfering and the Chicken got the first attack and the Crow was basically on its back.

Considering SBA makes the fight take place in central park means it will not only be out in the open but it will be on the Pigeons home turf.

Lots of shrubbery is going to make it easy for the pigeon to make quick hit and runs on the chicken. Or just coming down on the chickens neck with a speed of 93 mph probably killing the chicken instantly.

Probably voting Pigeon

People are voting chicken because they could beat a crow but to be fair the Crow was in an enclosed space so it couldn’t really do as much, especially since the person was interfering and the Chicken got the first attack and the Crow was basically on its back.
Do you say the same thing about my fending against Hawks scans? Also, the chicken has fended off against a goose, a bird much larger than itself.

Considering SBA makes the fight take place in central park means it will not only be out in the open but it will be on the Pigeons home turf.

Lots of shrubbery is going to make it easy for the pigeon to make quick hit and runs on the chicken. Or just coming down on the chickens neck with a speed of 93 mph probably killing the chicken instantly.

Probably voting Pigeon
And combat speed is equal, though combat+reaction speed is proportional to an animal's travel speed, and I'll have to show scans of it later (you can remind me about this if you're not convinced of this). And chickens fly at around 7-12 mph. So regardless of multiplier, the Pigeon can do hit-and-run tactics, though since the Pigeon is more of an omnivore more vulnerable to predators like rats and snakes, I doubt it would be in-character for the pigeon to do stuff on the level of the Peregreine Falcon.

So far, I've only seen Pigeons fight evenly in tight spaces, so evidence showing they can do hit-and-run tactics in-character would be appreciated.

Back