• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fake tiger vs a Real tiger (7-0-0) GRACE

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
Speed equal
Battle takes place in Los Pollos Hermanos' parking lot
SBA for everything else

My first fan-art : r/calvinandhobbes
Really cool tiger art | Tiger wallpaper, Wild animal wallpaper, Tiger  artwork

Fake Tiger: (AThe1412, Mariogoods, H3110l12345I20, JustANormalLemon, King_Dom470, Peppersalt43, AStrangeverse)
Scales to 13,028.25282 Joules

Real Tiger:
Scales to 9920 Joules

Incon:

Last edited:
Figure doesn't scale to knocking a door down (Breaking the hinges and latch) but rather bursting open a locked door (Just breaking the latch) which is only 495 J (It's in that same blog at the first part). You should switch Figure out for a different character.

(It'll be funny if you have Hobbes Vs a real actual tiger)

Last edited:
Real tiger also scales to bone breaking so it could be 9920 J if we assume peak. Neither of them are sneaking up on the other thanks to enhanced senses and the fact that they're in the middle of a parking lot. Hobbes is kinda screwed if it manages to pin him down due to his small size and significantly lower LS.

Real tiger also scales to bone breaking so it could be 9920 J if we assume peak. Neither of them are sneaking up on the other thanks to enhanced senses and the fact that they're in the middle of a parking lot. Hobbes is kinda screwed if it manages to pin him down due to his small size and significantly lower LS.
I actually calculated Hobbes’ height and he reached 2.79218446602 meters which is ever so slightly bigger than a tiger if we assume the tiger is average size (2.65 meters) although that doesn’t matter much since he still easily weighs less.

Now Hobbes pretty much always starts with a rugby tackle and restraining his opponent since his opponent weighs so much more restraining won’t work but he would still be tackling the tiger with a force of over 13000 joules so it would definitely do damage.

As for the real tiger its profile says it starts with rearing up on its hind legs when fighting other tigers. Hobbes is a tiger so it would probably try to do the same here, though I’m doubtful that Hobbes would replicate what the tiger is doing.

I actually calculated Hobbes’ height and he reached 2.79218446602 meters which is ever so slightly bigger than a tiger if we assume the tiger is average size (2.65 meters) although that doesn’t matter much since he still easily weighs less.

Now Hobbes pretty much always starts with a rugby tackle and restraining his opponent since his opponent weighs so much more restraining won’t work but he would still be tackling the tiger with a force of over 13000 joules so it would definitely do damage.

As for the real tiger its profile says it starts with rearing up on its hind legs when fighting other tigers. Hobbes is a tiger so it would probably try to do the same here, though I’m doubtful that Hobbes would replicate what the tiger is doing.
Seriously? I didn't think he would be THAT tall. My mistake on that one then.

So what does Hobbes do once he tackles the tiger? He can keep hitting it but it would just roll him over and probably bite him which is bad because piercing damage.

Seriously? I didn't think he would be THAT tall. My mistake on that one then.

So what does Hobbes do once he tackles the tiger? He can keep hitting it but it would just roll him over and probably bite him which is bad because piercing damage.
Hobbes probably wouldn’t try to restrain the tiger since it’s a tiger and he should understand that it’s probably pretty dangerous. So I guess he would resort to just good old fashioned punching? Or clawing/biting at his opponent since he does have claws and teeth. Plus his pretty giant size would probably intimidate the tiger which could work to his advantage

Hobbes probably wouldn’t try to restrain the tiger since it’s a tiger and he should understand that it’s probably pretty dangerous. So I guess he would resort to just good old fashioned punching? Or clawing/biting at his opponent since he does have claws and teeth. Plus his pretty giant size would probably intimidate the tiger which could work to his advantage
That's what I meant when I said he can keep hitting it. Not sure about Hobbes scaring the tiger because unlike with humans or other animals that it might be unfamiliar with, he's also a tiger, a bigger than average one but still a tiger, and he wouldn't look that scary once it rears up on its hind legs as well which it does tend to do when going against others of its own kind.

That's what I meant when I said he can keep hitting it. Not sure about Hobbes scaring the tiger because unlike with humans or other animals that it might be unfamiliar with, he's also a tiger, a bigger than average one but still a tiger, and he wouldn't look that scary once it rears up on its hind legs as well which it does tend to do when going against others of its own kind.
Yeah but when it rears up Hobbes would probably just gut punch it which would knock it off balance 100% and Hobbes can just turn to curb stomping it into the pavement. Even if it could restrain Hobbes to bite him Hobbes wouldn’t take it lying down he would probably start violently kicking and punching as much as he can to get the tiger to let go of him where he can go back to attacking it

Yeah but when it rears up Hobbes would probably just gut punch it which would knock it off balance 100% and Hobbes can just turn to curb stomping it into the pavement. Even if it could restrain Hobbes to bite him Hobbes wouldn’t take it lying down he would probably start violently kicking and punching as much as he can to get the tiger to let go of him where he can go back to attacking it
I'm going to vote Hobbes for now unless someone can make arguments for the real tiger.

Hobbes has the toon force, intelligence, AP and durability advantage. IRL Tigers do have the LS, skill and stamina advantage.

Tigers have the skill to contend with animals 6 times heavier than itself, so they do have experience and stamina here. The skill and stamina here is what makes this fight not a stomp.

The real problem is that the speed is one of the main things protecting the Tiger in it's combat skill. A Lion in one instance (related to a Tiger) was capable of contending with a Grizzly as long as it did because of it's agility. But equallized speed means no agility advantage. Also, the Tiger doesn't have the stealth advantage, this would be like if a T. Rex decided to try and beat a Triceratops head-on or if a Lion tried to do something similar to an African Buffalo.

For now, Hobbes FRA

we also are forgetting of the tiger natural animalistic agresiviness
Well as a tiger himself it would probably react how it normally would. Which would be rearing up on its hind legs which Hobbes would probably take advantage of by running full force into its stomach so the tiger isn’t gonna immediately go for pouncing on Hobbes especially given Hobbes is slightly bigger and would likely be perceived as a more dangerous tiger

Well as a tiger himself it would probably react how it normally would. Which would be rearing up on its hind legs which Hobbes would probably take advantage of by running full force into its stomach so the tiger isn’t gonna immediately go for pouncing on Hobbes especially given Hobbes is slightly bigger and would likely be perceived as a more dangerous tiger
Wouldn't matter for long. Eventually the tiger will puncing and slashing, Hobbes may have the advantage in the start of the fight but soon the tiger eill be using it's LS and claws and teeth to shreed Hobbes

Wouldn't matter for long. Eventually the tiger will puncing and slashing, Hobbes may have the advantage in the start of the fight but soon the tiger eill be using it's LS and claws and teeth to shreed Hobbes
I mean even if it does pin Hobbes down he’s stronger so he could also just slash at the tiger just as easily. Especially considering his higher durability

I mean, we're talking about an animal that can literally snap your neck if it wanted to.

Ok. Why are we all talking about agility? Agility by definition requires speed, but higher agility does imply better quality movement. So Hobbes would technically be more agile unless speed equalized negates that.

Hobbes doesn't have that much experience dealing with 9-B animals unlike the Tiger, so in terms of combat skill, the Tiger's movement is more refined here. Depending on how the thread goes, I can see opinions shifting via combat skill, but for now I'll hold my vote

I mean, we're talking about an animal that can literally snap your neck if it wanted to.
Just wanna say that Hobbes doesn’t technically have bones considering he’s a stuffy.
Ok. Why are we all talking about agility? Agility by definition requires speed, but higher agility does imply better quality movement. So Hobbes would technically be more agile unless speed equalized negates that.
he’s able to chase his tail midair which seems pretty damn agile
ww-15a-e1348598936420.jpg

Hobbes doesn't have that much experience dealing with 9-B animals unlike the Tiger, so in terms of combat skill, the Tiger's movement is more refined here. Depending on how the thread goes, I can see opinions shifting via combat skill, but for now I'll hold my vote
Hobbes is basically 9-B anyways but yeah tiger is definitely more skilled.

Don't really matter if Hobbes has the AP advantage sinse If the diger btes and pulls he will be usig LS to rip out parts of Hobbes (also, why we all considering the IRL tiger will see hobbes as a actuall tiger? Hobbes shouldn't smell like a tiger and is too humanized to the tiger to look and say "look another tiger")

Back