• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Was looking for High 6-C Opponents for Gouketsu, and I thought this might be a good match. Let's hope it is. Please let me know if anything about it needs to be changed.

Gouketsu is High 6-C+, Kong is High 6-C (Gouketsu - 866 Gigatons, Kong - 526 Gigatons, ~1.64x AP difference in Gouketsu's favor, if I'm not wrong.)
Speed is equalized.
Gouketsu's LS upscales from 4.03981e+9 kg, Kong upscales from 17,834,941,873 kg. Both are Class G, but Kong has an advantage of ~4.41x if I'm not mistaken.
Starting Distance: 100 meters
Fight Location: Z-City Ghost Town
No knowledge or prep on either side.
Kong has his battleaxe (I don't think it can be restricted, but I figured I should make it clear anyways.)

Gouketsu: @Tural2004 @ZillertheBucko @Ourosboros @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Kachon123 @Dragonite007 @jojo123
Kong: @Recon1511
Saitama says they're being too noisy:

demgj5w-0c300566-809b-4cc4-a4fa-cc6ffc3b9370.png
deqjuzy-82238d35-5b41-41f0-8596-92083801f9ae.png

Last edited:
Gouketsu skill stomps. There isn't much to say besides that
Could you explain in more detail why Gouketsu skill stomps?

Personally, I don't believe it is the case. He's got a lot more reputation than actual feats, for one, but aside from that, Kong is a good bit larger than he is, and has the battleaxe to boot, giving him a sizeable range advantage, and a method of combat we have no idea how well versed Gouketsu is at facing. His martial arts consist of hand to hand skills.

I do agree that Gouketsu has better combat skill generally speaking, but I don't think it is a stomp. However, I'm sure a Monsterverse supporter could argue it isn't better than I can.

I mean aside from being a "master martial artist" he has no actual skill feats
Could you explain in more detail why Gouketsu skill stomps?

Personally, I don't believe it is the case. He's got a lot more reputation than actual feats
I mean, considering Gouketsu already has the AP advantage, he doesn't really need a lot of feats. Being more skilled than Kong is enough. But if you want some feats or scaling:

Gouketsu was toying with Monster Bakuzan who should comparable or superior to his human form in terms of skill. Human Bakuzan should be comparable if not superior to Snek and Max. Those two have 6 for fighting ability while C-class hero D-pad has 4. He and another C-class hero together casually stomped a whole armed gang. That alone should be above Kong. Kong is intelligent but only by monkey standarts.

More straightforward scaling is Suiryu admitting that he is inferior to Gouketsu (even in terms of skill). Suiryu himself scales to Garou thanks to S2 OVA 4

I mean, considering Gouketsu already has the AP advantage, he doesn't really need a lot of feats. Being more skilled than Kong is enough. But if you want some feats or scaling:

Gouketsu was toying with Monster Bakuzan who should comparable or superior to his human form in terms of skill. Human Bakuzan should be comparable if not superior to Snek and Max. Those two have 6 for fighting ability while C-class hero D-pad has 4. He and another C-class hero together casually stomped a whole armed gang. That alone should be above Kong. Kong is intelligent but only by monkey standarts.

More straightforward scaling is Suiryu admitting that he is inferior to Gouketsu (even in terms of skill). Suiryu himself scales to Garou thanks to S2 OVA 4
Though every single one of those listed felt mortal fear towards Gouketsu and Bakuzan stomped the crap out of the heroes.

Kong doesn’t actually use any martial arts he just displays human level proficiency, which is good for an ape, just not good for a martial arts fight

It's irrelevant to skill as it would be a combo of speed and AP and in a battle with =ized speed and similar AP it wouldn't be the same at all
Did you even read what I wrote? None of them besides Gouketsu>Monster Bakuzan was done through fear or sheer AP. And thinking that Gouketsu is less skilled than Bakuzan is ludicrous.

Might it be better if I move the match to Skull Island, so as to give Kong a homefield advantage of sorts?

I would like to reiterate that despite Gouketsu's skill advantage, he is facing a far larger opponent, with an axe proportionately huge. Gouketsu is good at facing unarmed human combatants, probably some monsters too given he's been one for a while, but his experience doesn't point towards prowess in facing armed opponents as well as he'd face one who is unarmed.

Also I'd like to be clear - Are you two voting? (Tural and Ziller)

I see

Anyway S2 OVA 4 isn't canon, unlike season 1 ONE had no involvement in the season 2 OVAs

I'll just wait for a monsterverse supporter to explain the axe stuff but I'm inclined to vote Kong because of it

The axe is a dorsal plate of the Godzilla species that constantly glows with radiation and was able to light up the entirety of the hollow earth throne hall with its power. Essentially, whilst not as radioactive as Godzilla's breath, it very much does have a notable amount of radiation

The axe is a dorsal plate of the Godzilla species that constantly glows with radiation and was able to light up the entirety of the hollow earth throne hall with its power. Essentially, whilst not as radioactive as Godzilla's breath, it very much does have a notable amount of radiation
Gouketsu has no rad resistance so what would happen to him if he got cut by the axe?

kong's size actually works against him here since it would make his attacks easier to react to and counter, which is another advantage goukets has here
I think you have a point, but at the same time, due to Gouketsu being decently smaller, unless he's just going to spam shockwaves he'll have to enter Kong's range to reliably strike him directly. Kong's LS advantage is what I think makes this really notable, since I'm pretty sure he does somewhat often fight in a way that would make use of it. (Here are a couple scenes I could find that include examples)

I agree with you as far as strikes or attacks with the axe come, but if Gouketsu ever tries to grapple with Kong, he might be in for a surprise. And considering the size difference I feel like Kong could pretty easily be the one to initiate that.

I don't exactly think this on its own is a vote-changing revelation, but it should be taken into consideration.

I'm thinking Gouketsu Mid diff
He has the Ap and skill advantage, as well as kong's size disadvantage giving the agility and time to react edge to gouketsu
LS exists I guess, but so does AP
there's not much to be said right now, but I might try and analyze it deeper later

Kong hasn't really fought anyone who isn't Godzilla or Mechagodzilla with it but it is a radioactive thing and it could take a toll on Gouketsu
Is the potency of the radiation known? I feel like going off of what I'm reading rn on Godzilla's atomic breath and bio-atomic nature, it is definitely noteworthy, but if there's nothing concrete I'm not sure what to say.

While I agree Gouketsu would win FRA, just because it genuinely does seem like the most likely answer considering the way the OPM verse is written, gotta go with Saitama interrupting from the noise lol

While I agree Gouketsu would win FRA, just because it genuinely does seem like the most likely answer considering the way the OPM verse is written, gotta go with Saitama interrupting from the noise lol
I agree with you but that wasn't meant to be taken too serious, it's just a replacement for incon. I don't think it would be allowed to just have Saitama show up lol.

Did you want me to count this as a vote for Gouketsu?

I'm voting Kong, Gouketsu is clearly more skilled (even tho he has no actual feats only statements) but getting sliced once or twice with a radioactive axe is just too much for him

Back