• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
I know I made a CRT before this, albeit it died, but I don't care and I doubt anyone else will care. This CRT goes over the main thing that CRT was for anyway.

Introduction
Earlier today, I finally got my hands on Goosebumps Live on Stage: Screams in the Night, the book was mediocre but it did give us a scene where Slappy becomes a giant via Monster Blood. That and a couple of other things is what this CRT will be about.

Giant Slappy + What It Entails
The Monster Blood, twenty foot tall business has been a thing on the profile in the past, for a while now, but it was never given any scans, until now.

Imgur showing the scan here - In this scene, Slappy gets Monster Blood poured on him, which he then grows into a giant bigger than a funhouse and then proceeds to destroy the funhouse. On top of that, his voice shook the building. Obviously, this is a Small Building level transformation for Slappy.

As for how this will be implemented on the profile, I think it should be like Lubdan the Leprechaun's profile, which makes sense since we give different keys for different transformations.

Key: Slappy the Dummy | Giant Slappy | The Ghost of Slappy

That isn't all however, since it is outright and clearly said that Slappy's ghost form is his most powerful version, so it would scale above this giant version of Slappy.

Edit: After off-site discussions with other members, I came to the conclusion that it would be a better to have this as a Possibly rather than a solid rating, since being called "the most powerful version" of a character can be taken in other ways. It is just safer that way.

Unknown, possibly 9-A (or whatever tier this giant Slappy is gonna be)

Slappy Fall Calc
15 days ago (As I am typing this) I made this calc on a durability feat from I Am Slappy's Evil Twin. The feat was that he got launched up into the air, higher than the surrounding trees, and survived the landing. It got 366 Joules and it was accepted. So yet another 9-C feat for Slappy's already robust Tier 9 scaling.

Mummy Scaling
I have a problem. I keep looking for Tier 9 scaling for Slappy, and they just keep pilling up, and I love it.

Imgur containing all the book scans - Slappy scales to Mr. Wood, who can take hits from King Tuttan-Rha. King Tuttan-Rha is the "daddy" of all mummies, implying that he is the strongest mummy in the verse. This is actually backed up with him casually being able to tear into mummies, a race of monsters that are generally described as being surprisingly strong and durable. With this, there are some individual mummies that he would scale above, like Arragotus (a dude who two shot a reanimated dinosaur skeleton, Slappy already scales to this dude) and this other mummy called "King Buthramaman" from Diary of a Mad Mummy, who tore a dude's arm off. You can also argue the mummies in Horrorland to scale above the Horrorland Horrors, with the first scan it says that not even the Horrors dare to enter the pyramids where the mummies reside.

Other Goosebumps Profiles
Lastly, there are a handful of Slappy related profiles with outdated statistics. They don't match Slappy's current stats. These profiles are;

Mr. Wood
* Snappy
* Dr. Maniac
* Captain Long Ben One Leg

So these profiles need their stats reworded and changed to match Slappy's tiers. Simple. Probably could have done this without a CRT but I wanted to play safe, :l.

Stuff Added In Later On
I didn't want to make a new CRT on stuff while this was going on, besides only one topic on this thread has been discussed and accepted.

New 9-C and 9-B Feats For Slappy
Found two feats of a character Slappy would scale to, Arragotus. Early on in The Dummy Meets the Mummy, chapter three to be precise, he smashed through the bottom of his sarcophagus from underground and tore off a dude's face. For the face feat I don't have a calc (although it is an obvious 9-C feat), but for the feat of him digging through a stone surface from underground, it would actually be worth 4.088e6 Joules. So more feats for his already robust 9-C to 9-B scaling, epic.

Monster Time Isn't Acausality
I was told that the Monster Time ability (Basically a form of time that Goosebumps monsters run on, a form of time that is separate from the conventional time humans and animals run on. The only known properties of it are that it runs faster than normal time and it turns non-monsters into monsters if they start running on it) wasn't Acausality by staff members off-site, so that needs to be removed.

TL;DR
1. New 9-A key for book Slappy's page. His strongest form scales to this as well.
2. Feat with an accepted calc gets added to the page.
3. More 9-C to 9-B scaling for Slappy in the form of Mr. Wood scaling to a mummy who scales above the other mummies in this verse, only two of them matter.
4. Update various stats for four pages here.
5. Two new feats for Slappy that need to be added onto the profile.
6. Get rid of the Acausality via Monster Time stuff from all profiles that have it.

This thread is taking forever....

1650031618673.png

Slappy got dat new drip, UwU

Last edited:
Can you actually prove these publicity blurbs are canon? Not to mention just having Intangibility + Possession will make him "more powerful" than his prior self, AND the giant version, since he can't do shit to him, no AP scaling required.
1. Why would you need to prove something that comes from the book is canon?
2. "Most powerful version" is almost never used to describe that one version can't be hurt by the other via intangibility, of all things. It absolutely should not be assumed to be the case. Why would Possession have anything to do with being the strongest version?

1. Why would you need to prove something that comes from the book is canon?
It's not in the book, it's in the publicity blurb, which is outside the book, and unless you demonstrate otherwise, isn't written by the author and is by nature hyperbolic.
2. "Most powerful version" is almost never used to describe that one version can't be hurt by the other via intangibility, of all things
The most powerful X-Men is a 10-A with mindhax, just because your limited selection of verses happen to not consider hax doesn't mean every verse doesn't.
It absolutely should not be assumed to be the case.
Why because you want it to not be?
Why would Possession have anything to do with being the strongest version?
If you can possess the opponents that's way more guaranteed a oneshot than AP.

It's not in the book, it's in the publicity blurb, which is outside the book, and unless you demonstrate otherwise, isn't written by the author and is by nature hyperbolic.
"A blurb is a short promotional piece accompanying a piece of creative work. It may be written by the author or publisher or quote praise from others."
1. I mean, it could be written by the author. It would be a possibly at worst.
2. I don't see why it wouldn't be canon, it does come from an official source who work directly with the author. Having flashy language shouldn't immediately make anything said unusable.
The most powerful X-Men is a 10-A with mindhax, just because your limited selection of verses happen to not consider hax doesn't mean every verse doesn't.
So a verse that does take hax into account. Cool. Still doesn't mean "most powerful version" should be taken as something that isn't strength by default. The best you could argue is a possibly via powers, not a complete dismissal
Why because you want it to not be?
No? Because in a void you don't take "most powerful version" as anything other than "is the strongest version". You would need backing from something in the verse for this.

We love these accusations.
If you can possess the opponents that's way more guaranteed a oneshot than AP.
That's also not something even remotely related to being "the strongest".

Having abilities that are strong shouldn't disqualify someone who is called "the strongest version" to scale above the others. A more reasonable argument would be saying that it should be used for a possibly rating.

1. I mean, it could be written by the author. It would be a possibly at worst.
Prove it, as said. If Stine wrote the blurb I'm fine with it being listed as a case of WoG
2. I don't see why it wouldn't be canon, it does come from an official source who work directly with the author. Having flashy language shouldn't immediately make anything said unusable.
When the flashy langauge in question is used to upscale tiers across it should be unusable if it's LITERALLY the only thing being used to do this, which is the scenario here.
Cool. Still doesn't mean "most powerful version" should be taken as something that isn't strength by default.
No? Most powerful means most powerful, not "physically superior". You're headcanoning it to be otherwise, the character demonstratively has more powers, not even irrelevant ones they're relevant as all hell, thus, he is the most powerful.
No? Because in a void you don't take "most powerful version" as anything other than "is the strongest version". You would need backing from something in the verse for this.
I repeat, why because you want it to be?

You're claiming a subjective distinction when the debate is objective, objectively Slappy just having the better powerset should fulfill every single criteria for "most powerful", you making up a definition within your head to fit the narrative isn't objective, hence not relevant to the debate.
That's also not something even remotely related to being "the strongest".
Good thing it doesn't say "strongest", it says "most powerful"
Having abilities that are strong shouldn't disqualify someone who is called "the strongest version" to scale above the others. A more reasonable argument would be saying that it should be used for a possibly rating.
There is demonstratively an upscale already present, that is in abilities. WHY is there more beyond what already would fulfill the definition of "most powerful", explain that with proofing within the book itself.

If not, I'm not allowing a character with 9-B feats at best, to be listed a thousand times stronger off of what a publisher typed up to hype a book over and taht now is being cross-scaled to another really damn obscure book 20 years back, and they blatantly wouldn't give a single **** about continuity this trivial and irrelevant to be across decades.

Prove it, as said. If Stine wrote the blurb I'm fine with it being listed as a case of WoG
Still an official source that works with Stine, I don't see how this isn't enough for you.
When the flashy langauge in question is used to upscale tiers across it should be unusable if it's LITERALLY the only thing being used to do this, which is the scenario here.
No, because now you're saying literally anything that isn't just a deadpan "he's the strongest" shouldn't be used for scaling in any scenario. A statement being said in a fancy way doesn't invalidate the statement itself.
No? Most powerful means most powerful, not "physically superior". You're headcanoning it to be otherwise, the character demonstratively has more powers, not even irrelevant ones they're relevant as all hell, thus, he is the most powerful.
1. Having more powers doesn't make you more powerful by default. You could have more powerful abilities (which isn't ever said to be the case, Slappy still has plenty of very powerful abilities outside of his ghost form), but just having more powers doesn't really make you more powerful.
I repeat, why because you want it to be?

You're claiming a subjective distinction when the debate is objective, objectively Slappy just having the better powerset should fulfill every single criteria for "most powerful", you making up a definition within your head to fit the narrative isn't objective, hence not relevant to the debate.
It's literally all Slappy lmao Slappy has a big powerset and one thing from his powers (ghost form) is stated to be the most powerful. Intangibility and Possession are absolutely not stronger than Mind Manipulation where he just mind controls anyone that hears the sound he makes or Plot Manipulation where he just ***** with the story. The form isn't strongest because of the abilities exclusive to it, as he has other abilities that are extremely powerful.
Good thing it doesn't say "strongest", it says "most powerful"
Same difference, really. "Strongest" isn't always in reference to physical strength either, could go either way.
There is demonstratively an upscale already present, that is in abilities. WHY is there more beyond what already would fulfill the definition of "most powerful", explain that with proofing within the book itself.
Not really? The only upscale is with Slappy and the other monsters due to his abilities. Not with other forms of himself.
If not, I'm not allowing a character with 9-B feats at best, to be listed a thousand times stronger off of what a publisher typed up to hype a book over and taht now is being cross-scaled to another really damn obscure book 20 years back, and they blatantly wouldn't give a single **** about continuity this trivial and irrelevant to be across decades.
First line is debatable but not the time.

Well, I don't exactly have to respond to this, do I? It's literally just you wasting time typing a paragraph when you mean "I disagree". Though by those last few lines sounds like you just don't want us scaling the books from each other due to a time period and people not caring all that much about continuity. If that's the case, then you're basically arguing to delete the verse as that's how this verse is treated. Same general canon, disconnected stories, general lack of care for continuity because it's an anthology. You are essentially arguing against the goosebumps indexing as a whole.

No, because now you're saying literally anything that isn't just a deadpan "he's the strongest" shouldn't be used for scaling in any scenario
It shouldn’t be used if there is a demonstrated alternative explanation, yeah
1. Having more powers doesn't make you more powerful by default. You could have more powerful abilities (which isn't ever said to be the case, Slappy still has plenty of very powerful abilities outside of his ghost form), but just having more powers doesn't really make you more powerful.
This is a “no its not”
It's literally all Slappy lmao Slappy has a big powerset and one thing from his powers (ghost form) is stated to be the most powerful. Intangibility and Possession are absolutely not stronger than Mind Manipulation
Does he lose Mind Manipulation in the Ghost Form now?
where he just mind controls anyone that hears the sound he makes or Plot Manipulation where he just ***** with the story.
Or this thing?

Because if not having shit already listed + more broken shit is enough
Not really? The only upscale is with Slappy and the other monsters due to his abilities. Not with other forms of himself.
Can you reiterate this? Wording’s confusing.
First line is debatable but not the time.
Nah I want it debated, does he have feats beyond 9-A in the book?
Well, I don't exactly have to respond to this, do I? It's literally just you wasting time typing a paragraph when you mean "I disagree".
I mean if you think elaboration is wasting time, would you rather prefer a resound no and the debate ends there? Can do that too if you wish.
Though by those last few lines sounds like you just don't want us scaling the books from each other due to a time period and people not caring all that much about continuity. If that's the case, then you're basically arguing to delete the verse as that's how this verse is treated. Same general canon, disconnected stories, general lack of care for continuity because it's an anthology.
Slippery slope fallacy, really, you’re equating extremes of all the points I stated, and extending it to every single thing written across all the books.

R. L. Stine CAN care about continuity very well, and remember the plot details, or major writers working on the verse can, an intern asked to type out the publicity blurb for the newest Slappy book in 2019 the year of digital sales doesn’t.

You are essentially arguing against the goosebumps indexing as a whole.
If the indexing is based on equating a publicity blurb’s importance to everything R.L. Stine has ever written, wholly, then it’s a ****** scaling. Not the one we use on the wiki, or ever have, even Icant days.

We’re not that far off from the Mario review quotes debacle here, fella.

Okay this needs to stop, I don't want this thread to just be a bunch of bickering, so I'm gonna give a compromise that is safer than an outright dismissal or a solid tier for ghost Slappy; Just list it as a Possibly.

Tier: Unknown, possibly [whatever accepted tier]

I added this to the OP but no one seemed to notice. This should be the safest bet since it doesn't outright go for either side, which is good in this case considering there isn't any actual, definitive proof that each side is definitively correct in this situation with the term "most powerful version of Slappy", and such a statement can be taken in ways. As for the publicity blurb part, yes they can be untrustworthy and not match the contents of the book, but unless someone can provide actual evidence in this particular case that the publicity blurb contrasts with the contents of the book without generalizing it, than I don't see why it shouldn't be a source to take into consideration.

Alright, so can we have a short summarized version of the points and counterpoints both Axx and Impress are making here?

Alright, so can we have a short summarized version of the points and counterpoints both Axx and Impress are making here?
The two big points here are;

Zark is basically saying that this "most powerful version" statement for Slappy could be referring to his abilities+ plus publicity blurbs shouldn't be used since generally they aren't written by the author themselves and they aren't actually in the book.

Axx responded to this by saying that "most powerful version" is usually in reference to a character's strength, with the opposition against it pretty much being just because he has powers. Along with saying that publicity blurbs are still official information put out by the publishers, people that work alongside the author.

Along the way I came up with a compromise, saying that since the term "most powerful version" can be taken into different ways, instead of a solid rating, it should be listed on the page as a Possibly.

Apologies for abandoning this, but yeah, I can gel with a Possibly rating.

I haven't responded because i'm taking a break from the wiki for a while, mental health purposes. Figured i'd clear that up, so it doesn't look like i've bailed with nothing.

Ok so I'm not very fond of adding stuff mid-way (although this isn't really mid-way, still pretty early) but I found some more scaling that Slappy would scale to.

Slappy shrugs off a merciless assault from Arragotus in The Dummy Meets the Mummy, who, very early on in the book, smashed through the bottom of his sarcophagus. Most sarcophagi are made of stone, so he dug up through a stone surface from underground. Going off this calc, it would be worth 4.088e6 Joules. Yet another 9-B among his already robust Wall level scaling.

He also tore a dude's face off but I couldn't find a single calc for that. Not like it matters, clawing away a dude's face within mere moments is an obvious 9-C feat.

Seems agreeable.

I think the ghost being the most powerful makes sense, but only scaling to his magical powers rather than physicality because...he's a ghost

Seems agreeable.

I think the ghost being the most powerful makes sense, but only scaling to his magical powers rather than physicality because...he's a ghost
Alright, good to hear.

So three staff members said that the stuff was ok, I'm assuming it would be okay to add the changes?

Back