• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What? No. That'd mean every character in every anime that has life force as their power systems has an aura, which they don't. How if life force related to aura?
It does, not all anime, some use magic, and others use superpowers or science. But everything that uses life force as a source, whether it form the whole or but half of the picture, uses aura.

It does, not all anime, some use magic, and others use superpowers or science. But everything that uses life force as a source, whether it form the whole or but half of the picture, uses aura.
What? How does aura relate to life force energy? Aura is literally just surrounding your body with energy, what do you mean

although different authors ideas about aura are very different and thus these system don't interact with each other in a complimentary way, cause they're ultimately not the same thing

Fine, what is your definition of aura?

Then by canon what is your definition.
Idk why ur asking me this, I dont have my own definition so heres a copy and paste from the wiki: On Earth, humans didn't have chakra until Hamura and Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki were born with it,[1] which was a result of their mother Kaguya eating their planet's chakra fruit from the God Tree. Hagoromo spread chakra to others through a practice called ninshū, intending to create peace by using the chakra to connect people's spiritual energy so that they would understand one another without even talking. However, the people did not use chakra in the way Hagoromo hoped, instead using it to connect their inner spiritual and physical energies. They kneaded their inner chakra to amplify and weaponise it, creating what is now known as ninjutsu.[2]

That's an origin not a definition.
Idk why ur asking me this, I dont have my own definition so heres a copy and paste from the wiki: On Earth, humans didn't have chakra until Hamura and Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki were born with it,[1] which was a result of their mother Kaguya eating their planet's chakra fruit from the God Tree. Hagoromo spread chakra to others through a practice called ninshū, intending to create peace by using the chakra to connect people's spiritual energy so that they would understand one another without even talking. However, the people did not use chakra in the way Hagoromo hoped, instead using it to connect their inner spiritual and physical energies. They kneaded their inner chakra to amplify and weaponise it, creating what is now known as ninjutsu.[2]
Chakra is a form of life force or aura that the characters are able to manipulate and perform jutsu with.
In order for Orochimaru to do anything inhuman, he needs chakra, or are you implying that there is a second power system in Naruto?

That's an origin not a definition.

Chakra is a form of life force or aura that the characters are able to manipulate and perform jutsu with.
In order for Orochimaru to do anything inhuman, he needs chakra, or are you implying that there is a second power system in Naruto?
Where did you get that chakra is always an aura? cause it isn't. What how is that even remotely close to being relevant dude, When did I ever say anything even close to having the slight implication of a second power system in naruto. Even if we say orochimaru released chakra, why does it matter? He released his aura and it scared sasuke. not because he felt chakra but because thats the effect of his aura

If he released aura to scare sasuke that would mean that he would have had to release chakra. By your arguement, that would mean that there is a second power system in Naruto, which there isn't, everything relates to chakra.

If he released aura to scare sasuke that would mean that he would have had to release chakra. By your arguement, that would mean that there is a second power system in Naruto, which there isn't, everything relates to chakra.
So what if he released chakra?

This literally doesn't matter. Whether his aura is chakra or not doesn't matter. This is derailment.

Sasuke resisted the urge to kill himself from Orochimaru's aura. That's resistance.

If it's chakra, then the sasuke sensing it and being afraid argument stands. Not fear manipulation, a natural response to overwhelming chakra output.
The fear manip is literally the byproduct of the aura. Sasuke didn't sense it and then get scared cause it was too much, he would've been scared regardless

Actually it was closed by the OP cause he wanted to make an updated version. Whether he did or not, I've got no clue. But it seems to have been accepted by the general consensus.

There are a ton of alternative explanations as to why sasuke was scared, we cant just accept fear manipulation as sole reason and praise it as fact. Therefore, both Naruto and Sasuke have fear manipulation resistance, They're just brave kids. Unless there is some other incident I don't know of. Otherwise, Ren crushes.

There are a ton of alternative explanations as to why sasuke was scared, we cant just accept fear manipulation as sole reason and praise it as fact. Therefore, both Naruto and Sasuke have fear manipulation resistance, They're just brave kids. Unless there is some other incident I don't know of. Otherwise, Ren crushes.
correction *don't have fear manipulation resistance.

They do unless you make a CRT

Back