• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gon is skilled enough to know when to charge it
Wdym skilled enough? Skill has nothing to do with it, Once naruto sees him charging it, he attacks. How is being skilled gonna prevent naruto from attacking him while he's busy charging his jajanken

Naruto has comparable AP though, So idk if ren will just auto kill him, Who's the strongest character that gon took out with ren alone?
I dont know what AP has to do with any of this, as far as I'm concerned, ren is a hack ability. Also the show never showed gon fighting anyone he wanted to kill who didn't have nen.

Wdym skilled enough? Skill has nothing to do with it, Once naruto sees him charging it, he attacks. How is being skilled gonna prevent naruto from attacking him while he's busy charging his jajanken
jajnken is not a significant factor in this fight.

I dont know what AP has to do with any of this, as far as I'm concerned, ren is a hack ability. Also the show never showed gon fighting anyone he wanted to kill who didn't have nen.
if ren damages someone then it has to have AP unless it damages in an unorthodox way. And if naruto has comparable AP to the output of ren then that means He's not dying to

Just check the gifs on his profile or watch YouTube videos 🌚

Can someone please refer me to the episode or chapter in which Naruto resisted Orochimaru's fear manipulation, or at least the arc in which it happened. I can't seem to find it.

It's just a cool moment... Check gons profile at the bottom

It's just a cool moment... Check gons profile at the bottom
I was asking for moments when he used it skillfully not when it was cool, the examples at the bottom didnt really show him using it skillfully either

Okay, so I rewatched the whole Nauruto resisting Orochimaru's fear manipulation from the chunin exam, and have to say that that wasn't fear manipulation. You could argue that it was a form of social influencing, or just a natural reaction to being exposed to someone much stronger than you.

I was asking for moments when he used it skillfully not when it was cool, the examples at the bottom didnt really show him using it skillfully either
Well.... It's probably stomp
giphy.gif

Okay, so I rewatched the whole Nauruto resisting Orochimaru's fear manipulation from the chunin exam, and have to say that that wasn't fear manipulation. You could argue that it was a form of social influencing, or just a natural reaction to being exposed to someone much stronger than you.
Orochimaru affected sasuke before he did anything so sasuke wouldn't have known orochimaru was stronger than him, Besides sasuke isn't the type to get scared of someone who's much stronger than him. Unless he was stupid enough to think that he was as strong as itachi in part 1. It affected kakashi too. And kakashi doesn't get scared of people much stronger than him iirc, He keeps his cool most of the times

Orochimaru affected sasuke before he did anything so sasuke wouldn't have known orochimaru was stronger than him
Sasuke could feel his chakra and make an assessment. That however is not fear inducement. Skilled fighters in just about every battle anime are capable of assessing their opponents strength before fighting them, this might have just been on of those things.

Sasuke could feel his chakra and make an assessment. That however is not fear inducement. Skilled fighters in just about every battle anime are capable of assessing their opponents strength before fighting them, this might have just been on of those things.
I don't think contemplating suicide is an assessment. Naruto also resists zabuza's aura which does this to sasuke:
P0S3fPT.jpg

Now that I think about it, Orochimaru's Aura is kinda similar to ren. It can damage things irl as seen when it was destroying the roof that he and hiruzen was battling in

Contemplating suicide is not an assessment but a natural reaction. Don't most people who commit suicide have to go through some kind of hopelessness or intense fear. They do this without the need of someone mind boggling superpower being imposed on them.

Contemplating suicide is not an assessment but a natural reaction. Don't most people who commit suicide have to go through some kind of hopelessness or intense fear. They do this without the need of someone mind boggling superpower being imposed on them.
Sasuke contemplated suicide cause he was scared. You just stated yourself that people who commit suicide go through hopelessness or intense fear.

?

What I'm saying is that Sasukes fear wasn't something induced in him, it was his raction to the situation

What I'm saying is that Sasukes fear wasn't something induced in him, it was his raction to the situation
Why would it be his reaction though? He wasn't reacting to anything. He couldn't have been reacting to him dying since he was scared before orochimaru did anything. Plus like I said sasuke is absolutely not the type to get scared because someone's much stronger than them

He was reacting to the power he felt, there is no indication that the power was reaching into his mind and forcefully pulling out his fear. he was just afraid of the gap between him and his opponent. It's like when you stand in front of a lion with nothing protecting you, obviously you're going to feel very afraid. It doesn't mean that the lion is using magic to make you afraid.

He was reacting to the power he felt, there is no indication that the power was reaching into his mind and forcefully pulling out his fear. he was just afraid of the gap between him and his opponent. It's like when you stand in front of a lion with nothing protecting you, obviously you're going to feel very afraid. It doesn't mean that the lion is using magic to make you afraid.
He felt? What do you mean? What power are you talking about? He doesn't even know the gap between he and orochimaru so how would he be scared because of it. And I am very much aware of the difference between social influence fear and fear manipulation.

The power to which I am referring to is Chakra, of which his opponents had much more than him. Sasuke knew this upon meeting his opponents, and was then afraid.

The power to which I am referring to is Chakra, of which his opponents had much more than him. Sasuke knew this upon meeting his opponents, and was then afraid.
When was it ever stated sasuke could feel orochimaru's chakra? Or that its what happened here? And I dont recall sasuke being afraid of anyone without fear manip. He tried to solo the five kage and only stopped at the end because obito told him so

Anyone can feel the presence of chakra when it is especially powerful or released in large enough quantities. He was capable of going against the five kage because he managed to get over his fear, or he was at a comparable power level

Anyone can feel the presence of chakra when it is especially powerful or released in large enough quantities.
When was this ever stated? Or even shown. I dont recall correctly. Plus even if, orochimaru didnt release anything but his aura which is what induced fear

When was this ever stated? Or even shown. I dont recall correctly. Plus even if, orochimaru didnt release anything but his aura which is what induced fear
It was indicated many time, the most noteworthy might be at chapter 616 page 14. I'm going to get a screenshot now.

It was indicated many time, the most noteworthy might be at chapter 616 page 14. I'm going to get a screenshot now.
Are you talking about naruto sharing his chakra with the shinobi alliance and hinata commenting on it? Thats a huge false equivalence, Hinata said his chakra was large or smth because she was wrapped around his cloak so he'd feel her chakra, not the same case here

Are you talking about naruto sharing his chakra with the shinobi alliance and hinata commenting on it? Thats a huge false equivalence, Hinata said his chakra was large or smth because she was wrapped around his cloak so he'd feel her chakra, not the same case here
No not that

Back