• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They're still, as you put it, in a "fight mentality". You do know that banter happens due to the context of the fight, right? Sans goes on a tangent before the fight because Chara is evil and he wants to hammer that in. It doesn't mean that he will go on a similar tangent before literally every fight ever, with no regard for context.

Hell Sans does not even do that most of the time. After a few resets, Sans just skips the banter and goes straight for the kill.

Like I said above, banter before the fight only happens due to the context of the fight. Even if they are in character, they have no reason to say anything to each other before the fight. All they know is that they must defeat the other and will do just that. They have no previous attachments to the other or even reasons to fight the other. They'll just fight. Unless you come up with a context, that fact will not change.

You most definitively did. Honestly you shouldn't have to debate about the fairness of your scenario this hard. If you do, it's highly possible that it's just that the scenario isn't good.

And as I already said, goku starts fights with banter nearly always, and would especialy do so when faced with a complete unknown.

Sans, when not faced with a multiversal threat in the making, wouldn't find the need to kill goku a priority above all else either. Which means that he would likely answer back whenever asked.

He banters BEFORE a fight. If his opponent starts attacking he won't just stand there and talk. The same goes with Sans. A talk before a fight is just that: before a fight. And under normal circumstances, a fight hardly has a solid boundary between when it starts and when it doesn't. It's a progressive thing that leads to a conflict. But not here. Here, both are just instructed to beat the other when the fight "officially" starts. If you want banters, you need a scenario for that, not just this fight that exists in a vacuum.

Sans does not fight at all when not faced with a multiversal threat. This is either a Sans who doesn't want to fight and would just walk away or a Sans who goes for the kill. There is no in-between. And in a fight that exists in a context-less vacuum, Sans WOULD go for the kill.

That is, agai, false. They are not ibstructed as such. They are in the mentality for it, but they won't start right away. And goku does that during fight or after being attacked too.

No, again. Unless you believe sans would stand there and not fight back if a non-multiversal threat were to attack him. He simply views goku as a normal enemy.

Then WHAT is the context for the fight? If the fight isn't just a fight in a vacuum like 90% of our fight, you need a context. Do they just bump into each other and decide to kill each other? Are they instructed to? Do they have reasons to have the other death? You can't come up with a different scenario than usual and gloss over these details while still claiming that they'd act in X way.

Sans would rather avoid fighting altogether as he does against Chara in all non-genocide routes. You're forcing him in a fight, so he'll have to go all out. Point is your version of Sans that fights but is still casual does not exist.

They are dropped into central park and have a mentality where they are ready and willing to fight, or at least protect themselfs from attacks. From that point on, everything is on character.

No. If someone were to shoot at sans, but were not a multiversal threat, he would still protect himself. Much like with other characters, we examin the characters and decide how they would react to the situation. Making him react to what he sees as a normal dude as a multiversal threat is ridicolous, he would just have to react to someone who is not a genocider wanting to fight him.

So you're just making them willing to fight a stranger out of nowhere, yet you're still claiming that they're "in character"? Fully in character, none of them have any reason to randomly kill the other on a whim. And as I've said below, Sans wouldn't fight in-character, he would just get away.

He would just get away. He wouldn't fight. That's just not what he does "in character", the thing you seem to so deeply want to keep accurate. A Sans who would fight a random stranger who attacks him isn't in-character. Because he never did that and visibly would never. You can't have a "fight" in these circumstances.

You see how over-complicated you make this out to be? Just make Goku not in Kaio-ken and have them both in SBA character instead of this scenario that took up half the thread to understand.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Sans doesn't remember it being personal, and he would ve less bloodlusted, and more talckative here as goku hasn't killed his brother.
Because he doesn't have much to dodge omnidirectional stuff, and goku's aoe can be far larger than what he can dodge.
Uh, no, he literally said that to Frisk because Frisk had done all of that. Sans has no reason to monologue here. If he does, Goku sneezes and 1 shots.

So you're just making them willing to fight a stranger out of nowhere, yet you're still claiming that they're "in character"? Fully in character, none of them have any reason to randomly kill the other on a whim. And as I've said below, Sans wouldn't fight in-character, he would just get away.

Tell me. If you were forced in a battle, would you just go full out if the other guy were to ask you a question? The idea of needing to bloodlust sans to fight isn't really true, unless you say that he will not fight back when someone is about to kill him because they are not a multiversal threat.

I dislike fighting and only did so when younger and someone triedto beat up my sister, but there is a reasonable scenario where I fight without someone just threatening my sister.

I feel like it would be a lot more fair with these rules:

"Saiyan Saga Goku vs Genocide Sans

Speed UNEQUALIZED

Both start out in Base

otherwise SBA"

With these current rules, though, the only way Goku could possibly win is if he uses a massive Kiai, completely disintegrating Sans with his vast ki. Otherwise, he ain't touching Sans

Is speed Equalised or not

Speed Equalised = Sans win. Obliterates Goku's SOUL while grounding him to the floor with blue mode.

Speed Unequalised = Goku win. He blitzes and destroys Sans before Sans can even react.

I do feel like Sans wouldn't just mess around or monologue with Goku. He had a lot of resentment to Frisk for what she did, but in this circumstance a human (saiyan I know) is coming towards him with intent to hurt. Sans therefore retaliates and obliterates him.

So my vote depends on if Speed is Equalised still or not

Im aware speed is = but to make it up for it, Goku could try to teleport behind Sans and attack from behind, with the perfect oppertunity for him probably wnen Sans is asleep.

I mean, technically, Sans in-character wouldn't want to kill Goku since his Karma would be very very positive. But whatever.

"Sanses speed is equalized with kaio-ken X3."

I feel like this is giving sans an extremely unfair advantage. You're equalizing him to an amped state of the other character.

Back