• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku Toei scales to GT Vegeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eva132 said:
This seems pretty interesting, where this was confirmed? :eek:
he does not its just the fact that gt movies and anime filler is treated as one when its not despite all evidence saying it is not they will try to say it is to the day they die cause its easier to scale that way and the dragon ball section on this wiki is a wreck everything scaled horrrible and canon on this wiki in terms is a wreck because they have a defination of what canon is in the francise

DBZ anime falls under the same continuation as GT, that being the Toei continuation.

So basically:

Canon timeline: Dragon Ball manga --> Dragon Ball Super

Non-canon timeline: Dragon Ball anime --> Dragon Ball GT

Standuser081 said:
So basically:

that would make since if gergory was not in super and the fact that z anime is the manga with filler

Gregory being in DBS means Gregory became canon. Z anime being the manga with filler is what makes it different and that's why we only consider the manga as the main continuity.

AKM sama said:
Gregory being in DBS means Gregory became canon. Z anime being the manga with filler is what makes it different and that's why we only consider the manga as the main continuity.
the manga is the main canon as everybody would argee if your fan of the show and king vegeta multi planet level holds up canon since he is stated to be the strongist saiyan at the time which proves frieza to be multiplanet which is not shocking since he effortless destroyed a planet in first form and super having a number of contadictions that dont make sense and deveinnant from the canon (manga)

Standuser081 said:
So basically:

since there is two sources in super the manga and anime which one applies

The Anime one is what we consider as the primary canon sequel to the original manga.

Dark649 said:
The Anime one.
i assumed such which is my argument why it is non canon cause the anime takes prevalence and is not written by the mangaka that wrote instead is a toei cash in a bad one at that

I didn't understand your question.

I feel like the original question has been answered so we can close this thread.

AKM sama said:
I didn't understand your question.
I feel like the original question has been answered so we can close this thread.
you never confrimed or showned any evidense to prove your stance on this debate

If you're talking about why we consider the anime as the primary canon sequel to the original manga then you can read these:

During the announcement of DBS anime, Akira Toriyama said that "Dragon Ball Super" is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc.

And DBS manga was just promoted as a manga adaptation of the TV series to merely serve as a promotional tool for the anime.

Obviously things have changed over time and the manga became its own separate thing. They both are adapting the original script given by Toriyama. Anyway, this has been discussed extensively in the past and not only us but other sites also consider the anime to be the canon sequel due to the above reasons and it's not going to change.

As for the OP, DBGT is the Toei continuation of the DBZ anime, so they fall under the same continuation.

I hope it clears everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back