• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku (GT) inconsistencies, 4-A key

The base key of Goku in Dragon Ball GT is displayed as "At least 3-C, 3-B with Super Saiyan transformations"

This is heavily inconsistent with what we actually see Kid Goku see in the show and with the other characters of GT we have on the wiki

First I'll talk about the explanation for his 3-C Attack Potency: "At least Galaxy level+ (Can fight against Uub and General Rilldo, both of which are superior to Kid Buu, who gradually destroyed a galaxy in the anime and scales to Goku's feat of shaking the Afterlife)"

Uub is also displayed as 3-C on the Wiki, because of this: "Superior to his previous incarnation of the anime version of Kid Buu, who scales to Goku's feat of shaking the Afterlife"; I'll argue however that this is not necessarely the case, in the series it is never stated if base Uub after the training is on a level comparable to the original Kid Buu, it's speculation, and I will argue that it's not consistent with the rest of the characters on the Wiki

Regarding General Rilldo, while it's true that he is 3-C because he's stated to be above Kid Buu, i don't think Goku should state to him because: 1) Goku never actually defeats Rilldo on his own, Rilldo's defeat is caused by a combined attack by all of the three main characters 2) Rilldo was not attacking Goku to kill him because his body was needed, this means that even if Goku survived Rilldo's attacks he should not scale fully to them, Rilldo was not hitting to kill

Now, why do I think that Goku isn't suited to be 3-C from the start? Because it's inconsistent with basically all the other characters in the early part, expecially Trunks and Pan

Trunks is 4-A, and the reason stated is "Is vastly stronger than his previous peak and fought Ludd alongside Goku", Luud doesn't have a page on the Wiki but from this text it's assumable he'd be still in 4-A

Now, why would Goku be far above 4-A if he's literally listed there as a reason for Trunks to be in the tier? If Goku were 3-C he would have soloed Luud and Trunks's reason would not be in any way valid

One could argue that Goku is not on the same level as Trunks, but this is contraddicted in the beginning of the Baby saga, in the hospital episode, when Trunks's body is taken by Baby he states that he can kill Goku if he hits him directly and upclose, which is absolutely impossible if Goku is a whole tier about Trunks

Pan is also 4-A and she's also scaled to helping Goku destroying Luud, this cements the fact that Luud stands around 4-A and that Goku has no business being 3-C from that fight alone (and I already said why Rilldo should not count)

I can also note that Baby in the beginning is 4-A, which fits nicely with everything said so far

Now, on top of all of this, there is another inconsistency present on the Wiki that could maybe be resolved by this, but I'm not actually gonna use it as full evidence because it could be a problem with that page: Oceanus Shenron She is stated to be 4-A, and it is because "Fought with a casual base Goku; her Mighty Hurricane Fury technique was strong enough to blow him back and tear off all of his clothing"

So, the page is LITERALLY implying that casual base Goku is 4-A, which fits better with the revision I am proposing than with the page he has now, currently it makes NO sense for somebody scaled off Goku to be 4-A, he's always at least 3-C

And as a last extra thing, which I also don't know if it's worthy of being considered evidence but that I still think worthy of being mentioned, Goku at the end of the DBZ Anime is 4-A excluding SSJ3 and other power-ups, this I think would scale more consistently with Kid Goku from GT being 4-A, since we don't know if he trained enough to go one tier above and we don't know if he preserves his full power being turned into a kid

Now, what is the final thing I propose?

There are two outcomes possible in my opinion, we could either just consider him 4-A in his first base form, or we could consider him as varies from 4-A to the higher tiers because of actual variation in the potrayal (this would also fix Oceanus being 4-A in the last arc)

To quote Dark649 about Uub.

"I think Goku likely implied that as Kid Buu reincarnation he can quickly reach his predecessor power with enough training, Goku was testing Uub by insulting him in the End of Z. "

so at least there's that.

Doesn't this create inconsistencies with every other profile then? The Luud thing is still there and is complicated if Goku is shown to be both on 4-A and 3-C depending on the moment

I don't think a held back key is needed. There are no inconsistencies, Goku was willingly helding back, he could have easily defeated most opponents if he wanted via ss forms/dragon fist but he didn't for the sake of a good fight. Sigma force thought they could defeat Goku by watching his previous fights [Ledgic and Luud], later Goku shocked them by saying that he was not trying implying he could have easily destroyed them if he wanted to.

The remaining members of the Sigma force merged together, impressing Goku who used a strong attack to destroy them. Goku, then fought Riildo and he did not won because he was not expecting the latter to encase him, he could have went SS2 to destroy him but he didn't for a good fight.

Same for S.17 via dragon fist and the lesser shadow dragons via SS4. I don't think his SS3 + Dragon Fist at them would have totally defeated Baby, and Suu and Syn would have tried to dodge it.

Base GT Goku scales to or above SSJ3 Anime Goku so the afterlife shaking feat still applies. And in a verse like DB there's no reason to have a key for held back characters as ki supression/holding back is a thing that's been around since the beginning of the series. And in most cases, for most series and not just DB, a character that's naturally at a certain tier can hold themselves back to any tier below the tier their on up to as low as 10-C, generally speaking.

Back