• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GoH: Mistranslation

Unless I am forgetting something, the specific word can be used interchangeably or something like that. I think there was something similar for Japanese.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Unless I am forgetting something, the specific word can be used interchangeably or something like that. I think there was something similar for Japanese.
I thought the same thing but I couldn't anything for Korean

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
No clue if we have anyone knowledgeable on Korean. Anyway, what's shown it's the Earth so I don't think it changes much.
I not sure as Power is apparently using a translator that may or may not be accurate as I assume Korean is just as complicated as Japanese itself with the possibilities you could mix up the meanings too.

HammerStrikes219 said:
PowerToScale said:
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I thought the same thing but I couldn't anything for Korean
Did you check the Multilingual Members List page?
There was one guy who knew Korean. I sent a message so let hope he responds

Here's the link for the Page on the Official Site - https://image-comic.pstatic.net/web...bbe052b2190c1c35952d4975ff0d6a2d_IMAG01_3.jpg

Pretty sure Webtoons.Com is the official Translation, just like how Viz.Com is the official Translation for a lot of Series in here

Translation for either Planet or Star from Jay
I asked Jay (If you know the manhwas Solo Leveling and Tower of God, you'll know that he's the Translator of them for Jaimini's Box) about it and he says Star

Translation for either Planet or Star from Hani
The same thing was said by Tiramisu, a person who learnt Hangul, the Korean alphabet

Cross referencing through multiple translation sites since I'm only comfortable with Japanese, I've found Ù│ä to mean both "star" and "astral body".

In all honesty it seems very similar to the Japanese kanji "µÿƒ" which means "star" and "celestial body".

In such cases of languages we turn towards the context to decide which is more appropriate to use, in this case it's obvious it means an "astral body" given that the subject is planet Earth which is not a star.

Also context wise star just makes absolutely no sense, especially with the art in the strip section.

So it could mean both both 'astral body' and 'star'. But I've seen more people say Star. If we were to scale this would we say 'Large Planet, Likely Star level'

But I mean this wouldn't really do much for scaling since he has large star level feats before this

Plus Multiple people I've spoken over discord and forums says that fans translations are usually better than wentoons

The dialogue just doesn't make sense if you replace planet with star considering Jin wasn't on a star and the zoomed out shot was a super damaged planet.

In my view the current ratings are fine as they are.

Qawsedf234 said:
The dialogue just doesn't make sense if you replace planet with star considering Jin wasn't on a star and the zoomed out shot was a super damaged planet.

In my view the current ratings are fine as they are.
Yeah doesn't really do much for scaling, I was just curious which one would be used if your were to use it for scaling

Back