• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla: King Of The Monster General Discussion Thread

I really liked the trailer, it seems quite promising:

Godzilla's dorsal plates are a bit larger and his atomic breath is more intense than the last movie, which I liked;

Rodn's design is cool, his bulky body and the way he flies remind me a bit of his first appearance in the 1956 movie.

I also liked how they made King Ghidorah move inside of a storm.

The best thing I hope is for the characters to be better in this movie.

The king has returned!!!!!

Side note: each monster seems to be associated with an element. Mothra has alot of blue and water while rodan has brunt wings and flys out of a volcano with alot of orange/red, and ghidorah has strom clouds and thunder

Likely water, air, fire or earth with godzilla being the middleman of it all or something

Just a thing I noticed

Ok, I got the hights from the monsters in the Monarch site:

Mothra will be 52 feet/15.8496 meters tall, with a wingspan of 803 feet/244.754 meters

Roda will be 154 feet/46.9392 meters tall, with a wingspan of 871 feet/265,481 meters

King Ghidorah will be 521 feet/ 158,801 meters tall, but for now, his wingspan is Unknown.

Personally, I expected Rodan and Ghidorah to be taller, but it's fine.

The trailer is beautiful, I love how they're called titans like those of Greek myths, beings older than the gods themselves. Each kaiju looks stunning, Godzilla's design changes aren't jarringly different but still look closer to the Toho version of the character which along with the promise of Ifukube scores is a delight to the fanboy heart. And I love how these creatures are being presented in such a powerful way, that their battle may end the world. Perhaps this is why Kong will be able to clash with Godzilla, the world and he will be weakened from the battle giving the great ape a chance.

@DMB 1 huh, I was expecting larger sizes but those seem fine. Ghidorah being 8 meters taller than his Toho counterpart is interesting seeing how they did the same with Godzilla

Just a guess but the woman talking about the fever of mankind might be the cause of the other monsters awakening and did so purposely.

Elevens character even calls her a monster yet later is smiling at godzilla with the military coming in from behind him.

So I think each monster will be asleep or forzen or whatever and she goes to find them for monarch only to turn around and unleash them believing she is in the right kinda like the girl in the mist sacrificing the others and godzilla is going to have to come in and stop all of it, like the previous installment suggested, with him being a equilibrium or balance to these kind of things

Why haven't i commented here before? I'm one crazy fan of Godzilla.

That music was basically what would play if an emperor was ready to declare war, the effects were brighter than the Heavens, and Godzilla has once again proven to be the king.

This film may beat Infinity War as my favorite movie, but only time will tell.

BTW,should we make the profile about Mecha Godzilla City? And just watch the 2nd movie,well it's decent but not good,hoping the 3rd movie more crazier than 2nd.

Also should the feat in City on edge attack considered be an upgrade,and we need to calculate something from this movie.

@Vel there's already a mountain level calc ready to be evaluated, i just need a scan of the dialogue saying the attack took place 200 meters away from the crater

WeeklyBattles said:
@Vel there's already a mountain level calc ready to be evaluated, i just need a scan of the dialogue saying the attack took place 200 meters away from the crater
hope it's won't be like a hoax just like "Shin Godzilla future evolution concepts"

Chu Minh Duy said:
hope it's won't be like a hoax just like "Shin Godzilla future evolution concepts"
No its a feat from the movie itself, the crater Godzilla created when it wiped out Mechagodzilla's complex

While Godzilla doesn't really get any new feats, he gets more powerful. He get's hurt really badly by the oxygen destroyer and is revived by monarch with a nuke to the face, his breath gets more powerful and he gains the nuclear pulse ability from this.

While Rodan does scale to Godzilla, he just gets beaten over and over again, first by Godzilla, then by Ghidorah (who he then follows as kind of a lackey), and then Mothra uses a huge stinger to injure him really badly. He and the other titans acknowledge Godzilla as the alpha kaiju after Godzilla kills Ghidorah.

Godzilla and Mothra are allies, as I said before she has that stinger, but she also has this kind of flashbang like attack called "God rays" that she uses to blind enemies.

Ghidorah is where things get interesting, he has a huge regen factor, completely regenerating his middle head after Godzilla rips it off. He also survives the oxygen destroyer with zero issue.

The plot synopsis is here and while I would normally say to take it with a grain of salt, the trailers and viral marketing confirmed almost everything from this. It was also posted weeks before any of the material came out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/90uwls/since_the_4chan_leaks_are_lining_up_with_the/

Hellbeast1 said:
Okay it's scary how well that lines up with the marketing and High Low Regen Ghirdorah sounds good.
Yeah, we also have a reliable source of leaks named "vieweranon" who has leaked the plots of numerous WB and Legendary productions with every single one being correct. He says that the leak is 100% true.

Back