• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God = Source = Presence = Overvoid Merging Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I propose is

The Presence ("Main DC"/"DeMatteis") | The Source | Overvoid

then either create a new page or a seperate key for "Sandman/Vertigo/Lucifer" Presence

Actually is there any other writer which implements the Dematteis hindu philosophy of "God's love beyond all opposites"? Cus I think it's basically one of the biggest things which define his God, and it's mentioned in literally every single time he wrote about God

I don't really know if these notes regarding The Presence's nature in Sandman strictly prevent it from being the same entity referred to in mainstream DC most of the time, but after having looked through the earlier points of this thread, I think I realize where the confusion was coming from between Hykuu, BMN, and myself.

I was treating this thread as though the plan was to delete all the current profiles and merge them into one, but that's actually my misinterpretation. This is about creating a new profile altogether for God (DC Comics) and explaining that he is a sort of gestalt entity of the existing profiles by citing the connections drawn between The Presence, The Source, and The Overvoid. That's my mistake.

And honestly? Yeah. That sounds like a much better solution than deleting everything we already have anyway. We can put a disambiguation note at the top of the currently existing profiles like Kep suggested, but I don't personally think separate keys are necessary on God's profile. The other pages are clarification enough of his differing power levels and backstories. God should only have a single group of stats.

Geesh. That sure wasn't clear from the title. I think a majority of this thread exists because of readers misunderstanding what it was about.

Anyway, I have no experience in making profiles. Do you, Hykuu?

Then I think we should petition Kep or Matthew with the duty. They seem to have a good grasp on the situation and its various evidences. However, now that I know what this thread is really about, it's pretty clear it's been seriously derailed nearly a dozen different times. I suggest opening up a new thread with a very clear title and description, focused on seeing the profile to its completion.

One is that the Presence is not a "special" entity in Lucifer. Hes a product of dreams and belief just like all the other gods, he just happens to be the Creator in this "version"

There has been other beings not created by the Presence. Beings older than the Presence, that the Presence is just one of the "Creators", that there were others that came before him and there will be other creators after him. It was stated that there were past and future versions of creation that is not created by the Presence.

Mother Night and Father Time will be the most powerful entities here, not the Presence, because they were the origin of dreams and they were also stated to be the one that makes all thse versions of creation possible (Making them the origin of the creators and creations)

This thread is a mess. It's practically impossible to navigate posts relevant to your original proposal at this point. It's filled with a lot of discussions about things that seemed related to the people who were writing them but ended up being a misinterpretation of your intentions (including me). If you could make a new thread called something like "Creating a profile for God (DC Comics)," which carefully explained in the description your intent to create an entirely new profile without deleting already existing ones, then I think we could sort this out a lot faster and more efficiently. I'm sorry to ask this of you, but would you be willing to create a continuation of that nature? I'd be happy to do it myself if you are too busy.

Cool. Thanks. And sorry for all the confusion. Some of it was my fault.

I think people just kind of saw the title, read a few replies, and then became confused about what was being proposed.

Yea it's fine, I should just take responsibility for not being precise enough lol. Anyways, I think this thread should be closed because this new one exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back