• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Hello.

Is this an accurate change that I reverted for Kratos?

The final trophy name of the Valhalla DLC is labelled God of Hope and Kratos implies it in his final monologue. I suppose its a matter of if that's enough for the title to be kept.

The final trophy name of the Valhalla DLC is labelled God of Hope and Kratos implies it in his final monologue. I suppose its a matter of if that's enough for the title to be kept.
Okay. I think that you can decide whether the edit should be restored then. 🙏

I come bearing pain and suffering (the first two in particular could use some supporter input).

Haven't been here in a bit (Chinamen revisions never stop), so I'll just try to get things jump started again.

Any thoughts on the live action (prolly coming a week before the heat death of the universe)?

I have faith it'll be at least alright, since video game adaptations have gotten much better in recent years. Do we know if it's based on the Greek games, Norse games, or something entirely original?

On an unrelated note, I picked up GoW 2018 during the steam sale and I'm really liking it so far. The Baldur fight especially was a "ohhh so that's why people love this game" moment for me.

Haven't been here in a bit (Chinamen revisions never stop), so I'll just try to get things jump started again.

Any thoughts on the live action (prolly coming a week before the heat death of the universe)?

I really wish they would use peyton parrish at some point for an OST. I have no high hopes for the LA, LA adaptations tend to really suck.

5 million views for a fanmade music vid is wild asf.

I really wish they would use peyton parrish at some point for an OST. I have no high hopes for the LA, LA adaptations tend to really suck.

Plus, it's a Norse rehash and like, that's the one set of games that needs no narrative remaster. Greece had a lot more ground that could've been covered by an adaptation.

Music will be fine, everything else can suck but the worst GoW music gets is just being slightly derivative of itself in Norse.

It's kinda funny how little it's being promoted. God of War is Sony's money maker in terms of games so it's either very far off or a write off for them.

It's kinda funny how little it's being promoted. God of War is Sony's money maker in terms of games so it's either very far off or a write off for them.
I think GoW is just one of those IP's that is so pop culture at this point they don't care to market it heavy. They just slap the name on and let it market itself.

Makes sense. Hopefully it won't be too big, we'll never see something outside the Norse formula again...

Really, really hope the Valhalla DLC and board game push means we'll see a Greek remaster at some point though.

Bonus Disc and by the level artist.
I've never had an original game so i don't really know what it's like because the pirated games here are smaller than 5GB on a DVD, But if i ever get the full version I'll know all the bonuses, but thanks

The game crashed in the Icarus, because there was no disc 2, that's what piracy did.

Exactly, the first original game i got my hands on was God Of War 3 on the PS4, any original PS2 game is still inaccessible here, but from that i got the original God Of War 2018 (which was something surprising for me)

I feel like I should ask this question here too, since it would have some pretty major implications for the verse if it went unanswered. It's just in regards to the soul being composited across the Greek/Norse games and whether or not that's reasonable.

IMG20240716125530.jpg

Matthew Stover can't help himself lol

The funniest thing is that when Kratos is asked about the existence of a world tree in Greek mythology, he says there isn't one

Kratos ended up forgetting that there was something similar to his world that underpins all the Greek cosmologies that are the pillars of the Greek world

Old age is making Kratos lose his memories

btw did Tyr practices yoga ? i always thought that yoga is just exercises for relaxation but i found interesting stuff regarding yoga.

Yoga (/ˈjoʊɡə/ ;[1] Sanskrit: योग, lit. 'yoke' or 'union' pronounced [joːɡɐ]) is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India and aim to control (yoke) and still the mind, recognizing a detached witness-consciousness untouched by the mind (Chitta) and mundane suffering (Duḥkha). There is a wide variety of schools of yoga, practices, and goals[2] in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism,[3][4][5] and traditional and modern yoga is practiced worldwide.[6]
The term "yoga" in the Western world often denotes a modern form of Hatha yoga and a posture-based physical fitness, stress-relief and relaxation technique,[23] consisting largely of asanas;[24] this differs from traditional yoga, which focuses on meditation and release from worldly attachments.[23][25] It was introduced by gurus from India after the success of Swami Vivekananda's adaptation of yoga without asanas in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.[26] Vivekananda introduced the Yoga Sutras to the West, and they became prominent after the 20th-century success of hatha yoga.[27]

The metaphysics of Yoga is Samkhya's dualism,[web 1] in which the universe is conceptualized as composed of two realities: Puruṣa (witness-consciousness) and Prakṛti (nature). Jiva (a living being) is considered as a state in which puruṣa is bonded to Prakṛti in some form, in various permutations and combinations of various elements, senses, feelings, activity and mind.[10] During the state of imbalance or ignorance, one or more constituents overwhelm the others, creating a form of bondage. The end of this bondage is called liberation, or mokṣa, by both the Yoga and Samkhya schools of Hinduism,[11] and can be attained by insight and self-restraint.[12][web 1]

Integral yoga, sometimes also called supramental yoga, is the yoga-based philosophy and practice of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother (Mirra Alfassa).[1] Central to Integral yoga is the idea that Spirit manifests itself in a process of involution, meanwhile forgetting its origins. The reverse process of evolution is driven toward a complete manifestation of spirit.

According to Sri Aurobindo, the current status of human evolution is an intermediate stage in the evolution of being, which is on its way to the unfolding of the spirit, and the self-revelation of divinity in all things.[2] Yoga is a rapid and concentrated evolution of being, which can take effect in one life-time, while unassisted natural evolution would take many centuries or many births.[3] Aurobindo suggests a grand program called sapta chatushtaya (seven quadrates) to aid this evolution.

So, do you believe this? I don't know if it qualifies ;-;

it doesnt

It doesn't lol

Back