• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It hits different when you've played the Greek games and experience all the lifetime of Kratos suffering and you hit the Norse games and you see him become more compassionate and heroic.
As someone who played GOW 2018 both in base and NG+, plus my playthroughs of the entire Greek Saga, I absolutely agree with this.

Both sagas told a unique story that feels interwoven in despite the massive differences in personality for Kratos: The Greek Saga was essentially Kratos' slow, painful, and downright tragic descent into becoming a terrible monster that was so consumed by getting revenge that he near completely destroyed the Greek world and any innocent bystander or entity which had nothing to do with Kratos' past or they stood against him for different reasons such as Hephaestus betraying Kratos to protect Pandora. And then meanwhile in the Norse games, that story was about Kratos living with the endless guilt and regret which he expresses from the SHEER amount of blood and death on his hands. And throughout 2018 and Ragnarök especially, we see Kratos slowly accepting his past and moving on for the betterment of himself and those around him. And the scene where he sees that there is a future where he will become a God of War that people will love and revere really hits hard on your emotions when Kratos likely thought that he would always be a hated and feared monster.

My apologies if my thoughts sound...scattered and cluttered, but I just wanted to give my perspective on the matter and why I think both versions of the character are equally as important to Kratos' development from a monster to a genuine hero.

I found it here

Strange answer from Mimir. He says that Valhalla and the Valkyries' forces are too primordial for Odin to bend to his loyalty but what does that even mean outside of being confirmation that Valhalla and Valkyries are primordial/have primordial power? The answer from Mimir seems almost unrelated to the question. To me, it sounds like he did create Asgard along with Valhalla but he had no authority or control over it.

Btw that really can make the spatial dimension of the realms 4-D. Because Valhalla really seems to be that exists before existence and time, but also has a space with a higher plane that contains some locations from other realms and treats them as a "little space."

I am sure that Planck will naturally be undecided about this because there have already been many upgrades recently, I think some time should pass.
In addition, Valhalla will not only be spatially 4-dimensional, it will also has type 4 acausality.(I guess) Statements are very referring to such upgrades
hmm cosmology diagram update would be good with this

Made Tyr's profile.
You can also add that Sigrun considers him peerless, putting him above herself and Freya:

13:42

You know it sucks that I haven't, nor do I currently have the means of, played GOW Ragnarok in the time it's come out since I absolutely loved GOW 2018 when it came out on PC and it caused me to go and pir- excuse me "emulate" the entire Greek Saga in one go using RPCS3, and I had an absolute banger of a time playing those games back to back after playing 2018. And knowing how good Ragnarok is and how much it built up the story from 2018, it tears me apart that I can't play the game at this moment in time.

Of course I do have the means of buying a PS5 and a copy of the game, but I haven't had a job in the last few months and I don't think blowing 560+ dollars on a brand new console and the game is worth the investment without some financial net to fall under if I spend that much money at once Put the game on PS Now so I can just stream the game from the app on PC, Sony

You know it sucks that I haven't, nor do I currently have the means of, played GOW Ragnarok in the time it's come out since I absolutely loved GOW 2018 when it came out on PC and it caused me to go and pir- excuse me "emulate" the entire Greek Saga in one go using RPCS3, and I had an absolute banger of a time playing those games back to back after playing 2018. And knowing how good Ragnarok is and how much it built up the story from 2018, it tears me apart that I can't play the game at this moment in time.

Of course I do have the means of buying a PS5 and a copy of the game, but I haven't had a job in the last few months and I don't think blowing 560+ dollars on a brand new console and the game is worth the investment without some financial net to fall under if I spend that much money at once Put the game on PS Now so I can just stream the game from the app on PC, Sony
I bought a used slim PS4 for 1,600R$, its condition was impeccable, it came with God Of War 2018, PSN games here in Brazil are very cheap, around 90R$ you can buy any digital media by shopee

I bought a used slim PS4 for 1,600R$, its condition was impeccable, it came with God Of War 2018, PSN games here in Brazil are very cheap, around 90R$ you can buy any digital media by shopee
Woah, that's like...330+ U.S. dollars where I live. Are prices in Brazil usually that high at home for you guys there or is that the exception when it comes to somewhat newer hardware?

hmmm for starter i would like to think the forces has layered Conceptual Manipulation, more than Odin CM type 1?

Also when kratos manifest blade of olympus, i assume Conceptual manip of those blue fire are included. So kratos can manifest CM type 1 from his memory ?
I don't think kratos can do that. He can only do that in Valhalla.

Woah, that's like...330+ U.S. dollars where I live. Are prices in Brazil usually that high at home for you guys there or is that the exception when it comes to somewhat newer hardware?
New video games are more expensive, PS4 costs 2999 new and the PS5 costs almost 4k, here in Brazil you can even find something used for less, PS4 FAT you can find it for a thousand to 900R$ used, games in media digital is usually cheaper, but physical media games that are not released are getting cheaper, I think God Of War Ragnarok sealed for 100R$ and launch costs around 250 to 350

Here in Brazil everything is more expensive, but you can find a lot of used and used items for very cheap.

Does anyone else think that Kratos is becoming Death or something similar?
I thought he became Death, or at least the new personification of Death, after he killed Thanatos at the end of Ghost of Sparta? I do know that he lost his Greek magic when the pantheon died and he moved to Midgard, but I would've thought that Kratos has remained the new Death since then unless it's implied he lost that title and position as well after God of War 3

I killed all the enemies in the DLC, but I still feel like something is missing, I've already collected all the trophies, but I haven't completed all the side missions yet.

Is there any other story game as big as GoWR? 20-26 hours of story, 50+ hours of side missions and stuff, 4-4.5 hour DLC for a story, 10+ hours of side quests in DLC etc

Edit: the only one i can think of is the Witcher 3. That games has 16 DLC's 💀 and are all free too.

Last edited:
Is there any other story game as big as GoWR? 20-26 hours of story, 50+ hours of side missions and stuff, 4-4.5 hour DLC for a story, 10+ hours of side quests in DLC etc

Edit: the only one i can think of is the Witcher 3. That games has 16 DLC's 💀 and are all free too.
Rdr2 laughing in the background (it's a story game) knowing it's story alone it's bigger than story dlc and dlc side quest combinated

Back