• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

These shorts man. This dude apparently scales Doomslayer to 6D but still gave Kratos strenght beacuse of Atlas holding an infinite plane.

Infinite 3D >>>>> 6D according to this person.

And yeah it is still funny beacuse Atlas obviously scales above High 3-A and i have no idea how he got Doomslayer to 6D, beacuse 5D is as far as he goes.

Bruh, that was a literal dream sequence, do people actually take that shit seriously?
Remember kratos fighting kratos (aka the ares thing) it’s kinda weird for you to defeat superior versions of yourself. That doesn’t make sense now that I think of it.

ares just needed more brains than brawn. He picked the wrong spartan fool

Honestly its intresting to me how people interpret pre Fear Zeus,from GOW1 novel he atlwast seems lawful and not straight up evil , but he still seems extremely selfish/self centred and extremely narcissistic.

I honestly think it should've been there TBF, would've shown that Zeus still cared for his son somewhat despite everything he had done.
Honestly, I think it should've been there, but hugely in the background. To the point where you'd have to genuinely try and hear it. It'd show how much rage Kratos was in when he was beating him to death.

I honestly think it should've been there TBF, would've shown that Zeus still cared for his son somewhat despite everything he had done.
Yeah, it really should've. Even when Kratos kills the Sisters of Fate and comes back to fight him, Zeus briefly felt proud of what his son was capable of. That and the favor he showed Kratos prior to becoming consumed with Fear, even if he was horrible to everyone related to his son.

Can someone explain to me why is Zeus so much above the Norse pantheon? Not trying to argue with anyone, just need some concrete argumentation.

Can someone explain to me why is Zeus so much above the Norse pantheon? Not trying to argue with anyone, just need some concrete argumentation.
1. Massive upscaling chain (Multiple statements of being able to one-shot the entirety of the Greek Pantheon on a whim including his own two brothers Hades and Poseidon standing on the same spot, who on their lonesome are right there with pre-Hades-soul Amp Kratos which Ragnarok Kratos is equal to when holding back, when not holding back Ragnarok Kratos is equal to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self, with Poseidon himself having scaling comments from Bruno with his Hippocamps scaling to Thor and whatnot).

2. Massive hax cannon and hax resistance wall

3. Juiced-up Accelerated Development that causes him to skyrocket in power every time you even touch him ever so slightly

4. He got infected with Fear, which gives him further resistance in base, which gets massively boosted when he becomes Fear itself (Type 1 because Great Evils upscale massively from the already Type 1 AE Primordials who are also Type 1 Concepts)

1. Massive upscaling chain (Multiple statements of being able to one-shot the entirety of the Greek Pantheon on a whim including his own two brothers Hades and Poseidon standing on the same spot, who on their lonesome are right there with pre-Hades-soul Amp Kratos which Ragnarok Kratos is equal to when holding back, when not holding back Ragnarok Kratos is equal to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self, with Poseidon himself having scaling comments from Bruno with his Hippocamps scaling to Thor and whatnot).

2. Massive hax cannon and hax resistance wall

3. Juiced-up Accelerated Development that causes him to skyrocket in power every time you even touch him ever so slightly

4. He got infected with Fear, which gives him further resistance in base, which gets massively boosted when he becomes Fear itself (Type 1 because Great Evils upscale massively from the already Type 1 AE Primordials who are also Type 1 Concepts)
By the way, May I ask?

Someone is saying that Zeus wouldn't be able to power nullify Thor or Odin due to the magical reservoirs having to be refilled by Zeus, saying that it wouldn't be able to power nullify them due to relying on Zeus's power reserves, and wouldn't be able to effect Thor/Odin due to them having more power reserves? What are your thoughts on this?

"When Zeus gave him the power of the thunderbolt, apparently he'd also refilled that general magical reservoir; Poseidon's Rage cackled more deadly than ever before, and Medusa's Gaze turned monsters to stone by the dozen, and Zeus's Thunderbolt shattered a mob of petrified monsters in a very satisfactory fashion."

By the way, May I ask?

Someone is saying that Zeus wouldn't be able to power nullify Thor or Odin due to the magical reservoirs having to be refilled by Zeus, saying that it wouldn't be able to power nullify them due to relying on Zeus's power reserves, and wouldn't be able to effect Thor/Odin due to them having more power reserves? What are your thoughts on this?

"When Zeus gave him the power of the thunderbolt, apparently he'd also refilled that general magical reservoir; Poseidon's Rage cakcled more deadly than ever before, and Medusa's Gaze turned monsters to stone by the dozen, and Zeus's Thunderbolt shattered a mob of petrified monsters in a very satisfactory fashion."
It's very dumb. Zeus can strip powers from people whose powers are unrelated to him.

That and Zeus is far above their magical powers in raw quantity anyway.

By the way, May I ask?

"When Zeus gave him the power of the thunderbolt, apparently he'd also refilled that general magical reservoir; Poseidon's Rage cackled more deadly than ever before, and Medusa's Gaze turned monsters to stone by the dozen, and Zeus's Thunderbolt shattered a mob of petrified monsters in a very satisfactory fashion."
That's just in reference to Kratos's reservoir, if anything, this actually implies Zeus can fill up one's magical reservoir quite quickly.

Also it's completely null and void given that Zeus actually has an insane recovery rate and grows back stronger every time someone nudges him. Case in point, Kratos draining Zeus's powers with the Blade of Olympus and making him shrink back to human size, which actually compresses Zeus' power and makes him an even stronger and more dangerous foe. Of course, after all the stabbings, Zeus bounces back to Giant Mode even stronger than ever, but then Kratos plays possum and ganks him yet again with the Blade but Athena sacrifices herself so that Zeus can whimper back to Olympus. Next thing you know, he's recovered completely and become so powerful that he literally one-shotted Kratos and Gaia with a single lightning bolt while in human size. That's not even counting the endgame amps he's gotten.

That and he literally fought against Kratos, whose magic reserves are infinite when on rage (If Deimos and Thanatos are anything to go by).

How much magic you can store in GoW is completely irrelevant, you can have infinite amounts of magic while also being a God and you still won't be able to tango with Zeus if you don't hone that magic and train it to push out more punching power. Zeus is just built different,

Thank you.

Can you elaborate a bit further on that part?

Thank you.

I think I already made an elaborate comment on this thread on all the sources and interviews that confirmed Kratos to have become massively rusty and to be holding back on his true strength and slowly reawakening those dormant powers, but I've got class RN, I'll come back and reply to you later with an elaborately made comment with all the links. Maybe @Planck69 can help you out too if he's available.

I think I already made an elaborate comment on this thread on all the sources and interviews that confirmed Kratos to have become massively rusty and to be holding back on his true strength and slowly reawakening those dormant powers, but I've got class RN, I'll come back and reply to you later with an elaborately made comment with all the links. Maybe @Planck69 can help you out too if he's available.
I believe Eric Williams said that Kratos lost a lot of his muscle mass, correct?

Thank you.

When Kratos sacrificed himself to release Hope to humanity, all but his most innate powers went along with it. However, whether due to Hope doing something to his fundamental nature or his immortal curse, he retains his physical godhood, rage and immortality but with most of that power being dormant and he himself no longer wanting to be the monster he once was. His divine magics, the souls he wielded and his godhead are long gone now.

Then he makes his way to Scandinavia and lives there for centuries alone before meeting Faye and exchanging blows briefly before they made peace. He then marries her and has Atreus, completely leaving his old life and god killing ways behind, wanting to be better for his son. He gets rusty, slower and even loses muscle mass as per the novel confirmation.

When he first fights Baldur, he's become a lot weaker than he's ever been as a god but emerges victorious nonetheless. As they journey to spread Faye's ashes, his dormant powers gradually reawaken to the point that he muses that he'd crush all of Baldur's bones should he give into his rage, after the latter lost his curse.

Then he kills Baldur and Fimbulwinter begins and he and Atreus start training fiercely to prepare for Ragnarok. By the end of Fimbulwinter, he's finally fully awakened and mastered his old godly powers and combat aptitude, from when he laid siege to Olympus, though he still holds himself back and keeps his anger in check. When he loses control he kills Heimdall, knocks a tooth out of Thor's mouth with a single right hook and Mimir worries about him outright killing Thor in their rematch when he goes into Spartan Rage.

So, Kratos while going absolutely all out is handily above Thor and is equal to his old peak physically. While giving his all and not being consumed by rage, he is about equal to Thor, albeit a far better fighter.

Question
If we have fp kratos Ragnarok = peak pre hope gow 3 kratos
Would odin here be superior to base zeus in raw power (even though he would lose badly)?

Question
If we have fp kratos Ragnarok = peak pre hope gow 3 kratos
Would odin here be superior to base zeus in raw power (even though he would lose badly)?
Full Power Ragnarok Kratos is pre-Soul Amp GoW 3 Kratos level. He's only truly at his endgame III level when he's completely bloodlusted and enraged, like he briefly was when Thor mentioned Atreus and when he killed Heimdall.

He wasn't like that when he fought Odin and the latter held the edge more due to his magic and sheer versatility than anything, especially with Thor being considered the strongest god in the Norse pantheon and still being beaten by Kratos.

Full Power Ragnarok Kratos is pre-Soul Amp GoW 3 Kratos level. He's only truly at his endgame III level when he's completely bloodlusted and enraged, like he briefly was when Thor mentioned Atreus and when he killed Heimdall.

He wasn't like that when he fought Odin and the latter held the edge more due to his magic and sheer versatility than anything, especially with Thor being considered the strongest god in the Norse pantheon and still being beaten by Kratos.
Hmmm i see

Also thor being the strongest seems weird since he got one shotted (unless the mental state/injuries played a Reason for this)

Back