• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Hmmm i see

Also thor being the strongest seems weird since he got one shotted (unless the mental state/injuries played a Reason for this)
He got stabbed in the heart by someone who's weaker but still in the same ballpark as him in strength, using a magical spear. Not to mention he didn't expect it at all and was already somewhat injured and tired after fighting Sutr, Jormugandr and Kratos back to back.

I feel like people forget that so long as it's not an insurmountable gap you can still kill someone with a sharp weapon.

wouldn't battling Jormy and Surtur exhaust Thor even as early as the beginning of the Kratos fight?
Maybe? He wasnt having as much trouble with either of them and it's pretty evened out by Thor getting bloodlusted and going absolutely all out with Kratos instead.

When Kratos sacrificed himself to release Hope to humanity, all but his most innate powers went along with it. However, whether due to Hope doing something to his fundamental nature or his immortal curse, he retains his physical godhood, rage and immortality but with most of that power being dormant and he himself no longer wanting to be the monster he once was. His divine magics, the souls he wielded and his godhead are long gone now.

Then he makes his way to Scandinavia and lives there for centuries alone before meeting Faye and exchanging blows briefly before they made peace. He then marries her and has Atreus, completely leaving his old life and god killing ways behind, wanting to be better for his son. He gets rusty, slower and even loses muscle mass as per the novel confirmation.

When he first fights Baldur, he's become a lot weaker than he's ever been as a god but emerges victorious nonetheless. As they journey to spread Faye's ashes, his dormant powers gradually reawaken to the point that he muses that he'd crush all of Baldur's bones should he give into his rage, after the latter lost his curse.

Then he kills Baldur and Fimbulwinter begins and he and Atreus start training fiercely to prepare for Ragnarok. By the end of Fimbulwinter, he's finally fully awakened and mastered his old godly powers and combat aptitude, from when he laid siege to Olympus, though he still holds himself back and keeps his anger in check. When he loses control he kills Heimdall, knocks a tooth out of Thor's mouth with a single right hook and Mimir worries about him outright killing Thor in their rematch when he goes into Spartan Rage.

So, Kratos while going absolutely all out is handily above Thor and is equal to his old peak physically. While giving his all and not being consumed by rage, he is about equal to Thor, albeit a far better fighter.
On top of this...

The official Blog Post Guide for GOW2018 states that Kratos is slowly reawakening his dormant powers.

The GoW2018 Comic-Con interview’s snippet also states that Kratos is constantly restraining himself in order to set a better path for his son.

Cory Barlog in a Director’s Commentary also states that Kratos hasn’t had a fight like Baldur in a long time and that he’s shaking off the cobwebs.

The blog for the first boss fight against Baldur also states that Kratos is a little rusty in this fight, which Eric Williams has since confirmed in an interview for GoW Ragnarok.

The GOW2018 Novel (Chapter 48) also states that Kratos was a lot more muscular in his Greek Days.

Kratos states he lost all of his magical powers from Greece after his homeland died (First, when Fear Zeus destroyed all his equipment, drained his powers and then killed him by snapping his neck. And after Kratos came back with Hope, regained his powers back and killed Zeus, Kratos, calling his vengeance to have finally ended, lost them again for the last time when he killed himself by channeling the Power of Hope through the Blade of Olympus and stabbing himself with it, releasing all of his powers and Hope to mankind instead of Athena to prevent the Gods from ever ruining the lives of mankind ever again, and to give mankind a fighting chance for survival).

Last edited:
that statement don't really seem to work as a cap for anyone , he was hesistant to answer the question and not sure what direction their Thor went in and concluded his ststement on the basis of Thor killing Thamur

that statement don't really seem to work as a cap for anyone , he was hesistant to answer the question and not sure what direction their Thor went in and concluded his ststement on the basis of Thor killing Thamur
It only serves as support for allowing Thor to scale to the Greek Pantheon aside from the journal entry by Kratos.

I bet the Norse pantheon wouldn’t even last a day against the Greek pantheon considering thor and the others got their ass kicked by kratos (who did not have POH) and kratos without POH would have lost against fear Zeus

poseidon destroys most of them with "funny honey, i destroyed your bodies beyond smoke and your souls as well, ain't that wacky?" and hades comes and kill whoever dodged poseidon with homing soul attacks

poseidon destroys most of them with "funny honey, i destroyed your bodies beyond smoke and your souls as well, ain't that wacky?" and hades comes and kill whoever dodged poseidon with homing soul attacks
Helios: FEEL THE POWER OF THE SUN

Norse Pantheon: GETS INCINERATED AND VAPORIZED BY HELIO’S AWESOMENESS AND LIGHT

Nordic Gods are far more powerful than Olympians in terms of sheer power, on average though.

Like, the Brother Kings and Ares win out in hax and Hercules is around there in strength but like, Helios is gonna be victimised by Freya lol.

Nordic Gods are far more powerful than Olympians in terms of sheer power, on average though.

Like, the Brother Kings and Ares win out in hax and Hercules is around there in strength but like, Helios is gonna be victimised by Freya lol.
He still vaporizes most of them with his awesomeness though (not saying all but he quite a couple of them)

I know 1 already

virgin Odin: needs to send thor to fight kratos

chad Zeus:

-doesn’t need any help to defeating kratos, almost ended kratos life by himself had kratos not had hope.

(help me with more reasons guys thanks)

- Odin's wife left his ass and he cursed her outta spite. Zeus has flings regardless of his marital status and his booty calls take the curses from his wife.

- Needed son to deal with Jotnar while Zeus defeated the Titans with one attack.

- His boy almost got victimised by Starkaddr while Zeus' daughter killed a Titan.

- His brothers are irrelevant while Zeus' brothers solo the Titans with ease.

- Got victimised by a teenager and dwarf. Zeus came back as am abstract powerhouse after getting stabbed.

- Odin's wife left his ass and he cursed her outta spite. Zeus has flings regardless of his marital status and his booty calls take the curses from his wife.

- Needed son to deal with Jotnar while Zeus defeated the Titans with one attack.

- His boy almost got victimised by Starkaddr while Zeus' daughter killed a Titan.

- His brothers are irrelevant while Zeus' brothers solo the Titans with ease.

- Got victimised by a teenager and dwarf. Zeus came back as am abstract powerhouse after getting stabbed.
Don’t forgot.

-Failed to kill kratos at least once. Zeus has successfully killed kratos a few times. (though they never stuck)

You should do one regarding his failure to stop ragnarok while his enemy aka kratos did stop it (ironic)

Really? I found it fun for the most part. I also might be the minority, but Ironwood wasn't as bad as people were saying it was.
My main issue with Ironwood isn't content or plot (I liked it and Angrbodr) but it's too ******* long.

As for Atreus, sorry but it's God of War: Ragnarok not Boi of Jotnar. His combat is great but really not fleshed out enough for a whole game yet.

Really? I found it fun for the most part. I also might be the minority, but Ironwood wasn't as bad as people were saying it was.
I personally tought it started alright but it really dragged longer than it needed. Plus Angrboda's grandma is one of the goofiest boss battles i've ever seen. A lot of things in the Norse saga really felt nothing like God of War.

Back