• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Damn, it's almost like video game verses in general have a Downplay Status Effect active on it 24/7. Like, why do people have such beef with vidyagaemz remotely trying to become cosmic in the nature of feats?
If they get the permission these dudes would make Elder Scrolls characters city level , infact there was a dude and a respected debater I remember who genuinely believed Elder Scrolls characters such as ******* Vivec are sub city level and believed Sephiroth to be city level, most people can't scale VG.

@Dienomite22 no because Atlas was forced to hold the world at the end of chains of Olympus. Ascension Atlas was still in Tartarus so Hercules at Ascension wouldn’t have been able to do the feat back then.

@TheGod to be fair downplayers exist everywhere, I remember a lot of folks deadass believes Goku is only crater level because of his fight with golden Frieza since it’s not as over the top as Asura’s Wrath or One Punch Man.

@Dienomite22 no because Atlas was forced to hold the world at the end of chains of Olympus. Ascension Atlas was still in Tartarus so Hercules at Ascension wouldn’t have been able to do the feat back then.
The scan isn't mentioning Atlas holding up the world, it's talking about Atlas holding up the pillar that holds up the world and it says that feat is even more impressive than the former and then recounts a story about Hercules replacing Atlas to hold up said pillar. This couldn't happen after Chains of Olympus because the pillar was officially replaced by Atlas after it was destroyed.

The scan isn't mentioning Atlas holding up the world, it's talking about Atlas holding up the pillar that holds up the world and it says that feat is even more impressive than the former and then recounts a story about Hercules replacing Atlas to hold up said pillar. This couldn't happen after Chains of Olympus because the pillar was officially replaced by Atlas after it was destroyed.
To be fair the GOW2 novel also mentions Atlas holding up part of the pillar that holds up the world because the actual connecting piece was effectively gone thanks to Persephone but uh... it's not exactly matched in the games

Also, it's a scan from chapter 3 of the chains of olympus guidebook so it's telling a story that took place before the pillar is destroyed by the end of the game

You do realize Atlas holding up the pillar when it’s still intact makes no sense given he was never punished to hold the world in place until the end of Chains right? Especially when the game literally has Gaia narrate how Atlas’s chains in Tartarus was broken and was freed by Persephone to destroy the pillar?

the chapter means **** all to the actual feat when it’s referring to your progress in the game. We literally have story backgrounds from Zeus, Hades and Helios throughout the guidebook despite having little to no presence in the game so saying the chapter in the guidebook affects the timeline is stupid.

You do realize Atlas holding up the pillar when it’s still intact makes no sense given he was never punished to hold the world in place until the end of Chains right? Especially when the game literally has Gaia narrate how Atlas’s chains in Tartarus was broken and was freed by Persephone to destroy the pillar?
You do realize the scan says Zeus is the one who banished Atlas to the underworld and forced him to hold the pillar holding up the world which isn't what happened in Chains of Olympus?

@TheGod to be fair downplayers exist everywhere, I remember a lot of folks deadass believes Goku is only crater level because of his fight with golden Frieza since it’s not as over the top as Asura’s Wrath or One Punch Man.
true , I've seen one punch man debaters argue Asura Wraith is fodder featless moon level verse that Saitama solos with a sneeze.

true , I've seen one punch man debaters argue Asura Wraith is fodder featless moon level verse that Saitama solos with a sneeze.
Tbf, any mention of Saitama should tell you what level of brainrot you should expect. No disrespect to supporters here but casual fans can be....interesting in their takes.

Their logic is like:
"All gameplay characters are only mountain level at best." I never understood it. Maulsmacker is really the only one on there that actually has a brain (as well as the other Kratos 2-C debaters.) The rest think Kratos is mountain level for some stupid reason. I genuinely tried seeing someone say that Atlas only carries a large rock. Or that the stars in the primordial fight were not real. Or that somehow, Thor splintering the Yggdrasil tree is appeal to ignorance because the game didn't SHOW Yggdrasil being splintered. Despite it literally stating the contrary. Comicvine users in a nutshell.
that dude is insane lmao , lowkey ready to debate the entire vine on Kratos if it comes to that , remember him replying to three seprate debaters in detail at once.

that dude is insane lmao , lowkey ready to debate the entire vine on Kratos if it comes to that , remember him replying to three seprate debaters in detail at once.
Yeah, guy is a good debater. He thinks Kratos is 1-C, though I'm unsure about that. He does deserve the respect for debating practically everyone on Kratos and actually having good points (unlike your average YouTube debater for example, who always say some shit like "L3+R3" or "Kratos outerversal")

I've seen a Saitama fan say that Saitama would win against the Brahmastra because he'd adapt. Even though the adaptation works based on emotion.

Best conversation I've seen between two people.
HvVef2v.png

He's insane, that's true. I genuinely have no clue where he finds time for all of this. There are a couple of other good GoW debaters on the CV as well.

GoW's standing in general is far better than it was a couple of years ago. I remember Kratos vs Punisher being a thing.

He's insane, that's true. I genuinely have no clue where he finds time for all of this. There are a couple of other good GoW debaters on the CV as well.

GoW's standing in general is far better than it was a couple of years ago. I remember Kratos vs Punisher being a thing.
GOW's standing in CV is unfortunately still not the best. "Dangai Ichigo, Rinnegan Sasuke vs Kratos & Atreus" exists. And people are genuinely arguing for the first team.

GOW's standing in CV is unfortunately still not the best. "Dangai Ichigo, Rinnegan Sasuke vs Kratos & Atreus" exists. And people are genuinely arguing for the first team.
To be quite fair, considering how high they rate those characters there, that's not that bad.

Anything above Tier 7 is honestly a great improvement for Kratos there. Him being Building level circulated a lot there a few years back.

Also, that "Draugr > Zeus" meme stuff is so funny because the 2018 novel confirms that he fodderizes regular mobs with ease. Heck, Mattugr Helson and Svartalfjurr go down in one paragraph each.

To be quite fair, considering how high they rate those characters there, that's not that bad.

Anything above Tier 7 is honestly a great improvement for Kratos there. Him being Building level circulated a lot there a few years back.

Also, that "Draugr > Zeus" meme stuff is so funny because the 2018 novel confirms that he fodderizes regular mobs with ease. Heck, Mattugr Helson and Svartalfjurr go down in one paragraph each.
Good point. Though, they're discrediting the splintering Yggdrasil feat because they didn't physically see Yggdrasil splinter. As if that makes sense.

Does anyone have evidence of the realms being their own space-time continuum? Someone is trying to argue that the flow of time being different in every realm is just time being slowed down rather than being a different space-time continuum.

They're alternate planes of existence that mirror each other, with separate time flows that are independent of that of the Yggdrasil or Realm between Realms.

If that isn't enough for him then frankly, we don't really care.

They're alternate planes of existence that mirror each other, with separate time flows that are independent of that of the Yggdrasil or Realm between Realms.

If that isn't enough for him then frankly, we don't really care.
Yeah, tried those, he still doesn't like it for some reason. Well, I tried. You can't get to some people, I guess.

Anything in specific? Because with the Helheim image, he thinks that it's just time being slower, rather than a space-time continuum.
Any other verse would have thier fanbase lust after such crucial pieces of evidence to prove 2C and such.

But only for GoW is such an evidence worthless.
Because of course verses like Dragon Ball needing jump through hoops the size of a keyhole and producing absolutely stellar 2C evidence is more acceptable, something like ""Goku doesn't have time limit for SSj3 in Heaven"" is an absolutely excellent piece of evidence GoW cannot compete with.
🤦‍♂️

Any other verse would have thier fanbase lust after such crucial pieces of evidence to prove 2C and such.

But only for GoW is such an evidence worthless.
Because of course verses like Dragon Ball needing jump through hoops the size of a keyhole and producing absolutely stellar 2C evidence is more acceptable, something like ""Goku doesn't have time limit for SSj3 in Heaven"" is an absolutely excellent piece of evidence GoW cannot compete with.
🤦‍♂️
Yep. Also, I feel Yggdrasil would be above 2-C. Doesn't it have infinite timelines due to the Well of Urdu? Bruno seemed to confirm that it was also the case as well, as well as the GOW card game.

Yep. Also, I feel Yggdrasil would be above 2-C. Doesn't it have infinite timelines due to the Well of Urdu? Bruno seemed to confirm that it was also the case as well, as well as the GOW card game.
Unfortunately, the game contradicted that and it takes precedent.

Though, not like it matters. 2-C is a more fun tier.

The consensus is that card game has been retconned.

If you still want 2A, there are other indirect ways but Ultima won't allow it. 😭

Just out of curiosity.
Since you seem aware of scaling metas on CV.
How do DB guys get 2C or higher scaling?
How do other cosmic verses handle their rating?
What's the meta for Asura, DMC, DBXV and Heroes?
When I modetated comicvine , people used to tag me to lock Dante vs Deku because they considered it a spite in favour of Deku.

Back