• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

is kratos ever going all out in the Ragnarok? i dont think there is a single time he is going all out. even in his spartan rage mimir tells him to stay in control.

is kratos ever going all out in the Ragnarok? i dont think there is a single time he is going all out. even in his spartan rage mimir tells him to stay in control.
He very briefly does so when he knocks Thor's tooth out and when he bodies Heimdall.

One last thing.

Notice how he says the following:

"and Hades would have ruled forever had Kratos not intervened. I believe that Cory Barlog, in calling it infinite, is referring to the length of time Hades would have ruled over it had Kratos not intervened. But we can also say that the underworld is infinite."

Man agreed to this and then went on to literally ignore the fact that if Hades intended to rule forever, an infinite-sized afterlife would also be necessary to support that influx of souls. Let alone ignoring the fact that Cory literally agreed that Cecil was indeed right about the infinite distance thing, notice how Cecil said "distance", not "period of time".
Infinite speed is whatever but everything thing else sucks for so called debunk

His other contention about games like Dragon Ball, Persona and Asura's Wrath, even TTGL, depicting cosmic feats being a point against God of War's cosmic ratings isn't particularly rock-solid either, all those other games have also received countless downplays over the years and many arguments that the "anti-feats" they themselves have somehow debunks the legitimacy of their cosmic feats or that somehow the feats they have are taken out of context or whatever.

It doesn't matter just how rock-solid your presentation of cosmic feats in any medium are or how frequent (Or how uncommon) said feats are in number, if I have seen literally anything in my entire life, bullshit notions of downplay exist for all fictions, heck, not even Marvel and DC on the comic book sides are free from this. This is particularly why VSDebating is an incredibly subjective topic in which unity between multiple parties and beliefs is simply put, impossible. No one site's standards can be applied universally to all others because all other sites have their own different methods of feat collection, context acceptance and view of what feats work and don't work.

Infinite speed is whatever but everything thing else sucks for so called debunk
There's like three more feats on this scale, one for Uranus and two more for the Sisters of Fate, so that's a complete non-issue to begin with.

Can we put a discussion rule regarding do not attempt to downgrade kratos saying he isn’t infinite speed/not low multiversal.

cause the google doc and other similar things could prove we might not a discussion rule for it

Can we put a discussion rule regarding do not attempt to downgrade kratos saying he isn’t infinite speed/not low multiversal.

cause the google doc and other similar things could prove we might not a discussion rule for it
We kind of already have a discussion rule against off-site blogs and threads by default given that they don't follow our standards and whatnot. I don't see why we'd need a discussion rule for God of War specifically, we haven't gotten that kind of chaos in years, most of the high-profile downplayers on this very site have either bailed or have been disgraced, plus it's just a rehash of the same old arguments we've already discussed on this very discussion thread and in prior threads years ago.

If we go by Human Kratos being superior to the Last Spartan at the bare minimum (Who tanked a big-ass lightning bolt from Zeus which vaporized his fellow Spartan soldiers and blew up a building and due to being Olympian Lightning would easily be superior natural lightning which is about 8-C), sure, why not?

Damn, it's almost like video game verses in general have a Downplay Status Effect active on it 24/7. Like, why do people have such beef with vidyagaemz remotely trying to become cosmic in the nature of feats?

Damn, it's almost like video game verses in general have a Downplay Status Effect active on it 24/7. Like, why do people have such beef with vidyagaemz remotely trying to become cosmic in the nature of feats?
Asura's Wrath is the only exception, but at the same time people don't consider that being an interactive movie =\= good action video game.

A large chunk of it is personal bias in their belief that "it doesn't fit the setting". Part of the time it's just that Kratos or Doomguy being stronger than their LN harem MC gives em conniptions.

Asura's Wrath is the only exception, but at the same time people don't consider that being an interactive movie =\= good action video game.
Nah, even Asura's Wrath has fallen victim to peak downplaying in the past before, right here on this site by you-know-who.

Their logic is like:
"All gameplay characters are only mountain level at best." I never understood it. Maulsmacker is really the only one on there that actually has a brain (as well as the other Kratos 2-C debaters.) The rest think Kratos is mountain level for some stupid reason. I genuinely tried seeing someone say that Atlas only carries a large rock. Or that the stars in the primordial fight were not real. Or that somehow, Thor splintering the Yggdrasil tree is appeal to ignorance because the game didn't SHOW Yggdrasil being splintered. Despite it literally stating the contrary. Comicvine users in a nutshell.

It is what it is. Best to just focus on our site and making characters accurate to our standards. Even the most blatant feats will never please everyone.

I do find it funny when people deny WoG, secondary sources and guidebooks and say Kratos is building level, as if the characters aren't at least Tier 6 even using purely game feats and can be up to Tier 4 if you aren't obtuse about it.

I mean reiterating the myth just further confirms it’s legit either way, plus the fact it explains it has more than the earth and is harder and heavier makes it pretty nice for wank material.

I mean reiterating the myth just further confirms it’s legit either way, plus the fact it explains it has more than the earth and is harder and heavier makes it pretty nice for wank material.
Your third eye seems to be causing problems for us, Man of Glass.

994897800674414662.png

If that takes place before Ascension, wouldn't that scale to The Redeemed Warrior who beat Hercules (with a partner)?
Doubt it takes place before Kratos starts his servitude to the Gods in Chains, as Hercules' dialogue implies.

Last edited:
Back