• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah, most of the time they're barely an afterthought sans the Blade of Olympus. But of course, since the Blades of Chaos hold up to Mjolnir and even surpass it, it means almost everything in the Greek World wielded by gods surpasses them.
ye sadly

Like, Ragnarok dickrides space-time manip so hard but ultimately shafts itself in the scaling chain by further d**kr*d*ng the Greek Games. Which makes me wonder...

Why is it that the devs feel guilt-tripped about the old Greek Games when those games also had a shitton of heart put into them and weren't just edgelord-fests? Like, GOW1 got critically acclaimed for the same exact ******* reasons as GOW2018, this is not a myth, you can look it up yourself. You'd think they'd give the Greek side more attention and give the people a chance to play those games on newer hardware for preservation.

Btw, do we know where athena is right now? I expected her to appear in ragnarok again, now i am curious as to where she is
Cory said that no one's heard of her in years after Kratos's rampage. The last we see of her is in Fallen God.

She apperead in GoW 2018, i guess we will not be seeing her in a while, also Fallen god is canon?
Yes, Fallen God is canon, it pretty much explains Kratos's deathless curse and why the Blades of Chaos keep coming back to him regardless of how hard he yeets them into the horizon, and it also showcases Kratos's journey through Egypt, but he is effectively clinically insane here, he can't tell left from right and is in a constant state of hallucination due to his failed attempts at further suicide.

Just realizated Something funny
Even though unless you look further in the lore it doesn't seem like it, kratos and baldur had similar type of Immortallity

If fallen god is canon, then shouldnt krato have a "higher with the blades of chaos" in his greek key? If i am remembering correctly he one shoted a creature he couldn't even make flinch with his hands when he used the blades

If fallen god is canon, then shouldnt krato have a "higher with the blades of chaos" in his greek key? If i am remembering correctly he one shoted a creature he couldn't even make flinch with his hands when he used the blades
No, because he isn't in his Greek key anymore, he's in his Norse key, this is him post-Blade of Olympus seppukku.

Norse is kind of debatable, because even with his Blades of Chaos used against Thor in the rematch he's still not edging out to above the redline limiter he went in the first rematch where he punched Thor's teeth out, if anything it kind of implies that Kratos can tap into his own dormant powers more efficiently now without having to lose himself to his own rage. GoW Greek Kratos has no need for that because he's basically completely broken from the deaths of his wife, child, mother, brother, the Last Spartan and the rest of Sparta. He basically sees red everywhere he goes with an extreme case of tunnel vision with regards to his rage.

No matter what mythology, arrogance will be the downfall of every god leader
Moreso lack of control
Odin wants to control everyone but couldn't control himself, he had no actual reason to kill Brok, he was just annoyed asf (so more exactly odin Wouldn't have died if he succeded controlling himself like he wants to control others)

Ragnarok happens later or around same time
Dwarves join the war
Odin survives and will be in that stone

No matter what mythology, arrogance will be the downfall of every god leader
In the case of Zeus, it wasn't just arrogance, it was complete incompetence and basic lack of common sense. Him favoring his own son is what ultimately got him killed to begin with, plus trying to rip away everything from him, like Ares didn't teach him a goddamn thing about not going after Kratos's family. If Zeus had just returned his lsat remaining family to him and elevated them to God status Zeus would've avoided his death completely and all would go well.

In the case of Zeus, it wasn't just arrogance, it was complete incompetence and basic lack of common sense. Him favoring his own son is what ultimately got him killed to begin with, plus trying to rip away everything from him, like Ares didn't teach him a goddamn thing about not going after Kratos's family. If Zeus had just returned his lsat remaining family to him and elevated them to God status Zeus would've avoided his death completely and all would go well.
There is some theories about zeus actually loving kratos as a son before Fear infected him, but idk

There is some theories about zeus actually loving kratos as a son before Fear infected him, but idk
There is no doubt that Zeus indeed favored Kratos as his one true favorite son, Kratos tried to cope but there was no denying that Hercules was purposefully rubbing the truth in his face just to further piss him off, because that's literally what everyone in the Greek Pantheon has so far done to him before getting whacked.

Zeus could've removed his nightmares, elevated him to the throne of the God of War and do away with a vast amount of any animosity he would've had. Alas, he was being a bit of a dumbass.

And it's even funnier because Kratos up to that point of being denied his wish was actually still somewhat reverent of Zeus.

Last edited:
Honestly evil and good are subjective anyway and the embodiment or objectification of those only serves presentation of plot story. I can argue Odin is good guy relatively even though the story show him as a evil person objectively.

Honestly evil and good are subjective anyway and the embodiment or objectification of those only serves presentation of plot story. I can argue Odin is good guy relatively even though the story show him as a evil person objectively.
I am legitimately curious how you'd argue him to be a good guy.

It is kind of crazy how different GoW 1 is compared to the rest o the greek era, like in the first one kratos was kind of respectful to others, and he qas way more reserved, but in a diffent way than the norse era, even in ascension he was more explosive with his anger than GoW 1, specially with how kratos speaks with the gods, every time i replay the first it feels weird storywise

It is kind of crazy how different GoW 1 is compared to the rest o the greek era, like in the first one kratos was kind of respectful to others, and he qas way more reserved, but in a diffent way than the norse era, even in ascension he was more explosive with his anger than GoW 1, specially with how kratos speaks with the gods, every time i replay the first it feels weird storywise
The respect he felt for gods on screen was mostly a facade, a way to appease them and keep in good graces. A fool's hope that they will take away his nightmares and coping mechanism, even though deep down he knew it wouldn't amount to much, so inside he was nothing but cynical.

The respect he felt for gods on screen was mostly a facade, a way to appease them and keep in good graces. A fool's hope that they will take away his nightmares and coping mechanism, even though deep down he knew it wouldn't amount to much, so inside he was nothing but cynical.
What atlas said in chains of olympus really impacted kratos huh?

Back