• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

well for starter he want to make nine realms better according to his mind.
Wanting to make something better doesn't make you a good guy whatsoever. He probably felt that wiping out the Jotnar or the subjugation of the Dwarves made things better but that was only for himself and no one else.

And this is standard villain stuff anyway. "I'll conquer the world and make it better." Only Odin somehow manages to look like an asswipe even in this idealised future of his.

He already knew that, but Atlas affirmed it for him.
Still, in the firdt game there is such an melancholic vibe, and the way the gods speak and look, it all feels so, off in comparison to the rest of the franchise, i find it so interesting

also cronos is the one that feels the most different, he looks like a diffent character in the third game in comparison to the two previous games, make me wonder if one of evils infected him as well, do we have any information of which fears infected which god? Besides fear zeus

Kratos in the first game did feel different. He talked more (relatively speaking) and was somehow more.....emotive? I dunno how to describe it.

Also, it feels mad weird seeing the gods feel so reasonable and noble after playing III.

Page 32 mentions that one of the devs wanted to show the idea that the stags of four seasons manipulate the seasons of Midgard.

The artbook keeps reference ragnarok as the event that would end everything and surtr/sinmarra as powerful entities that would destroy all of the realms.

Tbh anyways i would say odin is stronger than any other god besides Zeus (not including kratos Since he is a demigod)

The artbook keeps reference ragnarok as the event that would end everything and surtr/sinmarra as powerful entities that would destroy all of the realms.
So Kratos coming in and changing everything was right after all.

It's worth noting that Ymir was also described as a force of nature.

So I wonder if they're supposed to be on the same overall level.
I honestly don't doubt the sentiment. Though I wonder, would Starkadr still be stronger?

Tbh anyways i would say odin is stronger than any other god besides Zeus (not including kratos Since he is a demigod)
He would be, but Odin lacks severely in the hax department compared to Hades or Ares, nor does he have the Resistance to keep going like him either.

Zeus would just instantly soul hax him faster than Atreus would and Odin would be dead on the spot without ever having lifted a finger.

I mean, didn't odin killed ymir? And ragnarok is clearly the strongest thing in norse, so idk if they could be comparable in power

He would be, but Odin lacks severely in the hax department compared to Hades or Ares, nor does he have the Resistance to keep going like him either.

Zeus would just instantly soul hax him faster than Atreus would and Odin would be dead on the spot without ever having lifted a finger.
Zeus, the ultimate giga chad of the gods
kratos doesn't count, he is far above a gigachad

I mean, didn't odin killed ymir? And ragnarok is clearly the strongest thing in norse, so idk if they could be comparable in power
And Thor held Ragnarok and Jormungandr back without any issue at all, but Thor wouldn't even go anywhere near Starkadr no matter what.

I've always found it strange how Vili and Ve almost never show up in pretty much any media, including the original Norse myth (where they also kill Ymir with Odin).

Maybe they'll expand on that in GoW 6.

Odin didn't kill Ymir singlehandedly. He needed his brothers.
Tbh we don't know that besides them being depicted standing next to Odin in the mural with Odin stabbing Ymir. Seeing how Ve and Villi are ignored and not attributed to killing Ymir in the games besides the mural, that's probably not what happened in the god of war version. Kinda like how Audumbla exists in god of war yet only Ymir is mentioned as the one who created every living being in the norse world with no mention of Audumbla taking part in it.

Seeing how Ve and Villi are ignored
They're ignored in the original myth, too. That's not unique to the games.
and not attributed to killing Ymir in the games besides the mural, that's probably not what happened in the god of war version
They're not attributed because Odin performed the fatal stab that spilled his life blood, which was depicted in the mural.

If they weren't even part of the fight at all, like their mythological counterparts, why depict them on that mural at all? They'd otherwise have nothing to do with his story, and weren't even born directly from Ymir himself.

They're not attributed because Odin performed the fatal stab that spilled his life blood.

If they weren't even part of the fight at all, like their mythological counterparts, why depict them on that mural at all? They'd otherwise have nothing to do with his story, and weren't even born directly from Ymir himself.
Mimir only mentions Odin as the one who takes arms against his creator and stab him. It would be strange for Mimir to be so caught up on only Odin during the event if Ve and Villi had a major part in it. Ve and Villi are barely mentioned anywhere in god of war besides in Lost Pages of Norse myth during the Aesir-Vanir ware and the mural.

Mimir only mentions Odin as the one who takes arms against his creator and stab him. It would be strange for Mimir to be so caught up on only Odin during the event if Ve and Villi had a major part in it. Ve and Villi are barely mentioned anywhere in god of war besides in Lost Pages of Norse myth during the Aesir-Vanir ware and the mural.
I suppose that's fair.
Odin does state he's the person who weathered most of Ymir's flood post stab and that the stab in andd out of itself was extremely hard to control for him.
Where's that stated, by the way?

Where's that stated, by the way?
Remember the monologue where he states "Tell me, can you murder a landslide? Smother a storm? He was more... a force of nature. A vessel of power."? Effectively means that Odin had much more trouble containing the oncoming destruction that would follow once he ran Ymir through with his spear.

Back