• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It absolutely is. Refer to the Rage section where it verbatim states that Rage also gives Kratos an edge not just in AP but also in speed, response time and overall capabilities.

"Izzy: I think you need to consider Kratos's fuel of rage as an asset that the other gods and creatures/characters don't possess. It gives him an advantage in lots of physical things, like response time, strength, speed, etc."
Heck, Izzy even straight up says this:

"The champions are not as strong or powerful as Kratos. So I would say they are not as fast as the twins."

He says this with explicit reference to the Redeemed Warriors using the Essence of Hyperion. Speed and Power as functions are intricately tied together in GOW, can't have one without the other.

It absolutely is. Refer to the Rage section where it verbatim states that Rage also gives Kratos an edge not just in AP but also in speed, response time and overall capabilities.

"Izzy: I think you need to consider Kratos's fuel of rage as an asset that the other gods and creatures/characters don't possess. It gives him an advantage in lots of physical things, like response time, strength, speed, etc."
I didn't disagree with the scan saying that I was just referring to what chosen said

Furies are the ones who have the Tier 5/4 feats. Kratos has the Tier 7 feat, with a potential 7-A feat for Furies via creating the Spartan backdrop.

Furies would downscale on the Tier 7 side, but not by a lot, while Kratos would upscale from the Tier 5/4 side, but again, not by a lot. Tier 5/4 is already in a "likely/possibly" scenario so it isn't that much of a conflicting mess.
How about Castor/Pollux?

How about Castor/Pollux?
Honestly I'm not sure. They're demigods too, but their only saving grace was the Amulet of Urobors, and once Kratos managed to murk its abilities those two physically didn't stand a chance, and Kratos literally ripped Pollux apart from his brother's body, even stomping down the parasite's head with ease.

I mean in like those little box formats.

But I suppose I care more about the bold part, as the links in their page are kinda tricky to read through. All the Gods as well.

If the Tier 4 & 5 feats won't be used straight up (which I think they should) I think we should ditch tier 7 for Kratos and The Furies and have 6-A at least rating for the Hammer of Atlas shenanigans.

That too. Infinite Speed Redeemed Warrior

That clip I shared a few tabs back looked kinda like dude side stepped it Tbh. Might have to watch that one again in slow mo. Perhaps it could be calced.
Like I proposed a year and a half ago?

Guess the "weight of the world behind it" is no longer a hyperbole or an example of flowery language. Cool.

since the blades of chaos are more powerful than the mjolnir, shouldn't demigod kratos be tier3/2? since the blades themselves are described as this powerful, or am i misunderstanding something?
No. The AP of the Blades vary on the ones wielding them but durability is a different story due to its craftsmanship. Blades of Chaos Amp works as a two-way street. Hammer of Atlas seem to be a differrent story altogether

they vary? is this a stated thing from them?
Yeah, they vary based on strength of the wielder, statements are that in the GOW1 novel it mentions that Kratos grows more powerful the more he kills with them, but the durability is solid Tier 2 based on Brok's comment and Freya stating that he'd need something stronger than the Leviathan in Helheim. Since Kratos can channel his divine energy into random weapons for his own use so they don't break from his own power.

well there are clear distinction mathematically between infinite and immeasurable.
And they’re the same thing via dictionary definition
Furies created a dimension with moon and sun in it
don’t even
we already consider the total greek world to be infinite, iirc
only the greater universe, not the actual landmass
by the way, how does Kratos scale to the warriors of Poseidon?
he’s > via statements, fighting the same enemies as them and being near Olympian in Power. They probably backscale though

Also Odin might need Resistance to Power Null for his magic being uncompromised by Fimbulwinter ruining enchantments (it likely is part of Power Bestowal too)

don’t even
Ye
Honestly I'm not sure. They're demigods too, but their only saving grace was the Amulet of Urobors, and once Kratos managed to murk its abilities those two physically didn't stand a chance, and Kratos literally ripped Pollux apart from his brother's body, even stomping down the parasite's head with ease.
They need a profile badly. Why is the Mortals and Demigods section so empty? There's multiple demigods that have showed up
Like I proposed a year and a half ago?

Guess the "weight of the world behind it" is no longer a hyperbole or an example of flowery language. Cool.
Yeah, this time around they might go past even that.

Last edited:
They need a profile badly. Why is the Mortals and Demigods Profile so empty? There's multiple demigods that have showed up
Agreed, Pollux/Castor, Theseus, Perseus, the Persian King and Alrik all deserve profiles.
Yeah, this time around they might go past even that.
Tbh I’m fine with this but only as a “up to X Tier with weapons” thing
This just showed up in my recommendation. Really made my day.

bro I wish Thor was in SFM for the animations

Yeah, they vary based on strength of the wielder, statements are that in the GOW1 novel it mentions that Kratos grows more powerful the more he kills with them, but the durability is solid Tier 2 based on Brok's comment and Freya stating that he'd need something stronger than the Leviathan in Helheim. Since Kratos can channel his divine energy into random weapons for his own use so they don't break from his own power.
so the blades from GoW1<<<blades from norse GoW? since kratos has killed more with them since then

Agreed, Pollux/Castor, Theseus, Perseus, the Persian King and Alrik all deserve profiles.
Perseus effectively gets his shit kicked in and is otherwise featless, but yeah all the others deserve profiles.

Tbh I’m fine with this but only as a “up to X Tier with weapons” thing
Them swinging a weapon with the weight of the world would cascade and scale to their LS and AP tho.

At this point, might as well upgrade them to 6-A.

in kratos's profile i mean, btw do we have any statements about how the other blades(atena and exyle) scale in comparison to the chaos?

Agreed, Pollux/Castor, Theseus, Perseus, the Persian King and Alrik all deserve profiles
They really should. Along with the multiplayer bosses like the Olympian Sentinel, who's very Hax resistant.

Some of the comic characters could use profiles as well like Helios' champion.
Them swinging a weapon with the weight of the world would cascade and scale to their LS and AP tho
And tanking that force and clashing other weapons against it. Yeah at this point I think Tier 7 needs to dip
Perseus effectively gets his shit kicked in and is otherwise featless, but yeah all the others deserve profiles.
He should at least scale to the redeemed Warrior, so I think he could use a page.

Last edited:
Even then, probably backscales to Kratos
I think I already linked the sandbox here already but sure, here it is:

I'd also note Runic Attacks adding Summoning, Passive Healing and Explosions too since that's just 100 percent the Blades' own power. I'd also suggest having the different "elements" as their own tabbers. Great work though

Even then, probably backscales to Kratos

I'd also note Runic Attacks adding Summoning, Passive Healing and Explosions too since that's just 100 percent the Blades' own power.
Summoning? I thought Kratos lost that with Ares.

Explosions is kind of standard at this point even without runic attacks.

Weapon handle attachments could get bullet points tho.

I'd also suggest having the different "elements" as their own tabbers. Great work though
There ain't enough abilities to justify tabbers for the different elements of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.

He can summon meteors in 2018

Explosions is kind of standard at this point even without runic attacks.
Hence my point, the sandbox only brings up the explosions with a specific ability from Ares
Weapon handle attachments could get bullet points tho.
Agreed
There ain't enough abilities to justify tabbers for the different elements of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.
Eh I feel the Hades stuff having Soul Manipulation, Homing Attack, Portal Creation, Summoning and Transmutation is worth bringing up. Point being I think they should be their own thing since they're not standard to the Blades but are additives

He can summon meteors in 2018

Hence my point, the sandbox only brings up the explosions with a specific ability from Ares
Rage of Ares stuff ends up being standard moveset for Blades of Chaos once you upgrade the Blades enough, so not sure. It'd sound kinda redundant but I'm open to suggestions.

Eh I feel the Hades stuff having Soul Manipulation, Homing Attack, Portal Creation, Summoning and Transmutation is worth bringing up. Point being I think they should be their own thing since they're not standard to the Blades but are additives
I mean, that's the furthest it goes with Souls of Hades, literal copypaste of GoW1 Souls of Hades and GoW3 Claws of Hades. That really isn't worthy enough for a tabber, Sonic got torn down for even less.

Back